Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Just now, Detournement said:

The ECHR isn't part of the EU so nothing changes.

So the Death Penalty isn't coming back?

How are we going to break this to the Daily Mail readers?  :o

37 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

So the Death Penalty isn't coming back?

How are we going to break this to the Daily Mail readers?  :o

May's changed her tune a bit but this is what she said a couple of years ago.

“The ECHR can bind the hands of parliament, adds nothing to our prosperity, makes us less secure by preventing the deportation of dangerous foreign nationals – and does nothing to change the attitudes of governments like Russia’s when it comes to human rights,
So regardless of the EU referendum, my view is this: if we want to reform human rights laws in this country, it isn’t the EU we should leave but the ECHR and the jurisdiction of its court.”

Still think even the Tories reckon Ref 2 is coming by the end of the January (legislation for it anyhow).  Ramping up all the no deal catastrophe via the media may be a way to try and get her deal through, but can also be seen as preparation as softening folk up for another Ref.

21 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Has Fluffy resigned yet?

No until he gets his robe. Must boil his piss seeing that fucking idiot Mone stoating about in ermine for selling tit support whilst he's got hee haw to show for supporting tits.

Spoiler

YEAH YOU ALL SAW THAT GAG COMING FROM 3,000 MILES OFF, YET CHUCKLED ANYWAY.

7 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

While unhappy with how the vote went, I was always sure that the c***s in charge would have it signed, sealed and delivered by now so wasn't too bothered. I'm despaired at how little the c***s in charge actually know about anything. Hopefully it will lead to the end of these born to rule fuckers and a new way of doing things in the future if it happens.

Don't hold your breath.

Don't hold your breath.

I still can't believe that industry, commerce and the BoE are simply going to stand by and watch the bus disappear over the cliff. And I'd expect the recent delivery of the Ladybird Guides To Brexit to further dismay and infuriate them, highlighting as it does the sheer incompetence of the UK Government.

Consider too that although the lunatics are currently in the box seat, deep down they must be haunted by the prospect of being the midwives to utter mayhem.

12 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I still can't believe that industry, commerce and the BoE are simply going to stand by and watch the bus disappear over the cliff. And I'd expect the recent delivery of the Ladybird Guides To Brexit to further dismay and infuriate them, highlighting as it does the sheer incompetence of the UK Government.

Consider too that although the lunatics are currently in the box seat, deep down they must be haunted by the prospect of being the midwives to utter mayhem.

One of the reasons there won’t be a Hard Brexit.  If the Tories were to impose this on the U.K. they would lose support on a massive scale.  They know this and all but the nutter element are wary of it.

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

One of the reasons there won’t be a Hard Brexit.  If the Tories were to impose this on the U.K. they would lose support on a massive scale.  They know this and all but the nutter element are wary of it.

They would also lose support if we don't leave the EU/remain in the single market. England aren't voting Labour in any time soon so the tories basically have free reign to do what they like and are pursuing an ever increasing right wing agenda. Labour can't lay a glove on them when they've been an utter shambles and they know this all too well. 

They would also lose support if we don't leave the EU/remain in the single market. England aren't voting Labour in any time soon so the tories basically have free reign to do what they like and are pursuing an ever increasing right wing agenda. Labour can't lay a glove on them when they've been an utter shambles and they know this all too well. 
Expect a surge in the Liberal vote at the next GE simply on the basis that they are not the Tories or Labour.

11 hours ago, Jedi said:

Still think even the Tories reckon Ref 2 is coming by the end of the January (legislation for it anyhow).  Ramping up all the no deal catastrophe via the media may be a way to try and get her deal through, but can also be seen as preparation as softening folk up for another Ref.

This I think. She was a Remainer, I think she'd be quite happy if we stayed. That's assuming a second referendum went the "right" way, of course...

26 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
41 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

Expect a surge in the Liberal vote at the next GE simply on the basis that they are not the Tories or Labour.

Their vote might "surge" but would that translate into seats?