The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

29 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Seen a few claims from the man baby, and a few fact checks disputing them, but is there ANYTHING at all in this election fraud chat or is it just his ego running away again?

Various Republican state and county officials responsible for overseeing the counts have been interviewed and none of them is supporting the allegations.

32 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Seen a few claims from the man baby, and a few fact checks disputing them, but is there ANYTHING at all in this election fraud chat or is it just his ego running away again?

Worth a read. https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/lawyers-parties-puzzled-donald-trumps-election-legal-strategy/story?id=74051406

And this posted on the other thread..

I think there will be some instances of dodgy stuff in amongst over 130 million votes.  Dead folk voting and so on. It'll be vanishingly small though and not enough to affect the result.

I am enjoying the indignation, affrontendness and the 'US elections can't be rigged' on CNN and similar by the same folk who have spent the last 4 years telling us that Russia rigged the 2016 election.

3 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I think there will be some instances of dodgy stuff in amongst over 130 million votes.  Dead folk voting and so on. It'll be vanishingly small though and not enough to affect the result.

I am enjoying the indignation, affrontendness and the 'US elections can't be rigged' on CNN and similar by the same folk who have spent the last 4 years telling us that Russia rigged the 2016 election.

i get what you mean - i think my Hot Takes to fling out are

i) afaik the "russia rigging" stuff was more to do with social media/bot shenanigans and financing the Trump campaign, which is a distinction from... well, whatever straws Trump was grasping at in his incoherent, I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul press conference the other night

ii) the Dems at the time conceded the election without much fuss rather than desperately cling on to power

Not unique to the Republicans I suppose but why do they assume that ‘God’ must be on their side. Sending a plague to lay waste to the economy must be a serious hint that he/she/it isn’t too keen on Trump (if you believe that sort of thing, obviously).

6 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Plus JFK's Da and Mayor Daley rigging the 1960 election.

And 2000.

And Nixon telling the South Vietnamese not engage in peace talks in 1968 to prolong the war and help his campaign.

And Reagan/Bush telling Iran to hold the hostages until after the 1980 election to cripple Carter.