The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

That's him tweeting the anti-semitic conspiracy theories now.
He heard it from Grassley an hour earlier on fox news.

I wonder if Soros paid for the bit of bog roll Trump trailed onto airforce one as well.

Trump cannot rely solely on bigoted ignoramuses for his support, there must be a wider base.  Yet the interviews I’ve seen of Trump supporters backing Kavanaugh all seem to feature the same demented blinkered individuals.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Trump cannot rely solely on bigoted ignoramuses for his support, there must be a wider base. 

I used to think like that. Then I realised I've been dramatically underestimating the number of bigoted ignoramuses out there, and that Twitter actually is a fair reflection of what people are actually like.

It's only a matter of time until the next genocide.

3 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I used to think like that. Then I realised I've been dramatically underestimating the number of bigoted ignoramuses out there, and that Twitter actually is a fair reflection of what people are actually like.

Thanks for cheering me up.  :(

2 hours ago, Detournement said:

I don't agree with calling every criticism of Soros anti semitic.

Soros dodged $18 billion of dollars of tax then when the rules changed and he was due to pay it donated all the money to his charitable foundation. That charitable foundation's work is basically influencing domestic politics in various countries in ways which maintain his profits and minimise his tax bill.

Soros, Kochs, the Waltons, Depriska, Gates, Murdoch, the Rockefellers etc are all part of an international oligarchy that exists and uses their wealth to distort society.

Maybe so, but they certainly didn't flaunt their wealth...

18 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I just think Soros should be judged by his own actions and not in the context of conspiracy theories.

Soros might well be a horrible b*****d, it wasn't my point. Trump tweeted it because he's a fucking simpleton parroting Breitbart shite about him - which is 100%, unarguably, not up for discussion, anti-Semitic.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Thanks for cheering me up.  :(

Sorry man. The penny dropped for me three years ago. I used to think most people were basically good, but now I know the majority are cowards. We kid ourselves on that somehow we've fixed human nature and none of these bad things will happen again, even though within living memory an entire developed northern European nation tried to kill everyone. Trump's a step along the road towards the next round of that.

Watch out for the first anti-Muslim pogrom.

57 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

Collins is going to wave him through. Its over. 

Part of me thinks, f**k them they get what they deserve.

Part of me thinks, there are tens of millions who didn’t vote for Trump who really don’t deserve this.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Part of me thinks, f**k them they get what they deserve.

Part of me thinks, there are tens of millions who didn’t vote for Trump who really don’t deserve this.

The thing with all this that absolutely boils my piss to the fucking core, its not the politics. Scalia was someone who could take a joke and as batty as his religion was probably a funny guy. 

Its the contempt for the survivors of sexual assault. The mockery of them. The humiliations of tens of millions of woman (and far more men than people acknowledge). 

They could have struck a deal for another right wing judge to take the slot if they could have found someone. But the belittling of the alleged victim and the whole crime. It is the humiliation of victims triumphalist bullies that just twists every fibre of my being. 

Innocent until proven guilty and at no point has he been proven guilty, so don't know what all the snowflakes are getting upset about. Accusations should not equate to guilt unless proven. This should apply to anyone, regardless of their personal status.

Innocent until proven guilty and at no point has he been proven guilty, so don't know what all the snowflakes are getting upset about. Accusations should not equate to guilt unless proven. This should apply to anyone, regardless of their personal status.
Innocent until proven guilty is a legal term. It doesn't mean anything in any other context. David Goodwillie wasn't proven guilty of rape but I'm still free to call him a rapist who had to hand over money to his victim. I long for the day he gets the ruptured ACL he so clearly deserves.

Assuming every man who does not have a criminal conviction for rape is innocent, regardless of what accusations may have been made or by whom, isn't a neutral act. It's picking a side. I'm going to work on the pretty safe assumption that most women with the astonishing courage to publicly say they were sexually assaulted by a major political figure are probably not lying. That's not enough to put anyone in jail or kicked out of their job, but it's certainly enough not to give him, all-but irrevocably, one of the most powerful positions in the world.

20-30 million women in the USA have been raped. Yet the ones in this episode having the hissy fits (like your good self, sir) are almost all dudes who don't live in fear of joining that number. Whining like an infant while calling other people snowflake suggests a lot about the level of your self awareness.

28 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Innocent until proven guilty is a legal term. It doesn't mean anything in any other context. David Goodwillie wasn't proven guilty of rape but I'm still free to call him a rapist who had to hand over money to his victim. I long for the day he gets the ruptured ACL he so clearly deserves.

Assuming every man who does not have a criminal conviction for rape is innocent, regardless of what accusations may have been made or by whom, isn't a neutral act. It's picking a side. I'm going to work on the pretty safe assumption that most women with the astonishing courage to publicly say they were sexually assaulted by a major political figure are probably not lying. That's not enough to put anyone in jail or kicked out of their job, but it's certainly enough not to give him, all-but irrevocably, one of the most powerful positions in the world.

20-30 million women in the USA have been raped. Yet the ones in this episode having the hissy fits (like your good self, sir) are almost all dudes who don't live in fear of joining that number. Whining like an infant while calling other people snowflake suggests a lot about the level of your self awareness.

Your personal view on each individual isn't the same as the way the legal system works. Just because you want to believe somebody is guilty of something, doesn't mean they should be considered guilty in a court of law until it can be proven otherwise. Believe it or not, women do lie and there is an added political motive in this case that shouldn't be ignored.

So settle down petal.

We've got lots of them in this country.