The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

13 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Newsweek is cancelled. Used to buy it on holiday on occasion, I'll cope without.

https://www.newsweek.com/some-questions-kamala-harris-about-eligibility-opinion-1524483

Can't have mail in voting if there's no post office. Trump is back on form. 
Folk over here and on here really need to stop viewing US Presidential elections thro the prism of other countries. There is no level of chicanery to which the American right won't stoop to preserve power - the country is a kleptocracy after all - and the planting of a Trumpet to be head of the postal service is merely one facet. Disenfranchising voters has become a growth industry in Republican districts and never mind corruption, the voting process is a ramshackle one. For example, many polling clerks are retirees, and there are real fears that many will not show due to Covid fears. The Hanging Chads Of Florida might have seemed a laugh, but be assured, this b*****d's defeat in November is anything but a given.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Presumably it will leave the UAE free to carry on its civil war fighting and oil grab in Libya and carry on its role in the Sunni-Shia proxy conflicts around the Middle East. Somewhere fairly close for the Israelis to go on holidays too. In return Israel has said they won't claim sovereignty over the West Bank, something they never intended as they would have to offer the Arabs there a vote if they wanted to claim to be a democracy, annexation will suit them fine.

I can smell the dorlomin red dot already.

How come there's never been a Birther scandal about The Donald being secretly born in Scotland? Something must make Obama and Harris different. Can't work that out; they all have parents who were born in other countries.

It's a real poser. Perhaps we will never know.

33 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
1 hour ago, Detournement said:

Can't have mail in voting if there's no post office. Trump is back on form. 

Folk over here and on here really need to stop viewing US Presidential elections thro the prism of other countries. There is no level of chicanery to which the American right won't stoop to preserve power - the country is a kleptocracy after all - and the planting of a Trumpet to be head of the postal service is merely one facet. Disenfranchising voters has become a growth industry in Republican districts and never mind corruption, the voting process is a ramshackle one. For example, many polling clerks are retirees, and there are real fears that many will not show due to Covid fears. The Hanging Chads Of Florida might have seemed a laugh, but be assured, this b*****d's defeat in November is anything but a given.

Nate Silver says Biden has a 70% chance of winning so it's a lock.

24 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I can smell the dorlomin red dot already.

I forgot likely Kuschner being let off the massive debt he has on 666 5th Avenue, bought in 2007 for $1.8 billion at the top of the market. Sold a 100 year lease on it in 2018 for $1.3 billion, leaving him $500 million short.

538's modelling and analysis is pretty good.

Think it would take a pretty big scandal to sink Biden now. Trumps best chance was to get the economy back on track by November - the way Covid is playing out there makes that unlikely.

Add in the democratic voters who sat out 2016 and unlikely to do so again.

57 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

538's modelling and analysis is pretty good.

Think it would take a pretty big scandal to sink Biden now. Trumps best chance was to get the economy back on track by November - the way Covid is playing out there makes that unlikely.

Add in the democratic voters who sat out 2016 and unlikely to do so again.

It is, and it was.   There are of course people who conflate probability with likelihood and/or chance favouritism - not assisted, it must be said, by focusing on national opinion polls, or by complaints that Republicans are underrepresented in polling.   

That said, other models are available. 

edit: just noticed that Silver uses the word chance in his Tweet.   It isn’t terribly helpful.  

Edited by Savage Henry

3 minutes ago, RiG said:

Absolutely shat it at being called out on his bullshit.

I can’t find the video (read: I can’t be arsed looking for it) but Trump claimed the other day mail-in ballots had been sent to dogs.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

The Supreme Court will need to decide on the role/tactics of the USPS in the election and will side with Trump.

As a general rule, the Supreme Court rules in keeping with legal precedent, and don’t take kindly to being put into “new” situations.  I’d be surprised if this postal thing goes all the way to the SC, but if it did I’d put a layman’s ten bob on them ruling against Trump. 

I take it when Trump tried to move on when asked whether he regretted his constant lying throughout his presidency, nobody in the press pack said, "actually, I'd quite like to hear you answer that last question, Mr President"?

For all the talk of fake news/bullying from the White House, they do quite happily play ball in order to retain access, which only helps to validate his bullshit.