The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

20 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Just wait til Hispanics become the country's largest minority group. This is a classic example of the Republican party's short termism and chicanery. They have made no effort to win that group over, sacrificing them to galvanise their base by decrying Mecians as murderers, rapists etc. So instead they try and make it harder for them to vote, as they have been trying to achieve with inner city black voters for decades.

As you say, there seems to be no way back for them. They have bathed in the kool aid and long term dominance is within the grasp of the Democrats if they can get their own house in order. Changing demographics in states like Texas are proof of that - if that becomes a blue state, then the game is bogey for the GOP. However, if Trump wins again, it'll galvanise the nutters and all bets are off with regards to the damage he will do to the already shaky foundations of US democracy.

There's always a bell tolling for the impending demise of the Republican Party but they recover well enough every time. They are clearly a minority party (I would argue the Dems are as well but that's another argument) that are sustaining themselves on a ruthless cocktail of gerrymandering, voter suppression and stacking the institutions of American 'democracy' with yes men and toadies.

Trump and his mob just don't give a f'ck about the environment one little bit.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/aug/17/trump-alaska-arctic-wildlife-refuge-drilling

ETA:

Obama: Too many people have died from this virus under Trump:
Trump: Actually, you look really stupid because this was taped a long time ago and now even more people have died! Ha!

Edited by RiG

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Trump and his mob just don't give a f'ck about the environment one little bit.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/aug/17/trump-alaska-arctic-wildlife-refuge-drilling

ETA:

Obama: Too many people have died from this virus under Trump:
Trump: Actually, you look really stupid because this was taped a long time ago and now even more people have died! Ha!

How does that reflect well on Trump?

1 minute ago, RiG said:

It doesn't and it's not meant to. It's an incredible self own.

It doesn’t matter, 40% of the country is so fucked in the head between the GOP and Fox News it’ll gloss over them entirely (should they see it, which they likely won’t). This election is entirely going to hinge on turnout, hence the ratfucking of the post office. 

4 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

It doesn’t matter, 40% of the country is so fucked in the head between the GOP and Fox News it’ll gloss over them entirely (should they see it, which they likely won’t). This election is entirely going to hinge on turnout, hence the ratfucking of the post office. 

Do you not think Fox News's influence is overrated? I see its prime time viewing figures, though good for cable news channels, are only 3.5 million. That has to be pretty tiny for America.

The problem is that the Democratic party should have picked a better candidate than Biden, thats not only me talking but young Democrats recently interviewed.

Biden was televised phoning his VP to advise her that he had picked her, in front of him was a typewritten page, obviously written by his aides, outlining what he had to say in the conversation and also it had Harris's name on it in case he forgot.

There's no doubt that Trump has run his course but his campaign will hammer that type of senility big style.

Trump loves bending the truth, he's done it for years, way before his presidency.

The Democrats really need an Obama type, young and vigorous and not another old man, those southern states boys and gals will be tuned wholly to Fox and Rupert's right wing views and be lapping it up.

Anyway who gives a feck, we've enough to worry about here.

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Do you not think Fox News's influence is overrated? I see its prime time viewing figures, though good for cable news channels, are only 3.5 million. That has to be pretty tiny for America.

Fox extends beyond Fox, the shows are syndicated on local TV and local/national radio also - there’s a channel on Sirius XM where you can have Andrew Wilkow followed by Mark Levin followed by Sean Hannity for a straight 9 hours of hate. Orwell would be awed by the achievement. 

Edited by carpetmonster

FFS guys, enough with all this Trump/Biden garbage.

How's Kanye's campaign coming along? 

I'm hoping he wins because I'm planning to move Stateside and get pregnant for the cash handout. The fact I'm a near 50 year old alcoholic male is just semantics.

18 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I'm hoping he wins because I'm planning to move Stateside and get pregnant for the cash handout. The fact I'm a near 50 year old alcoholic male is just semantics.

Not well. Out of the 2500 signatures he needs to be put on a state ballot (it’s normally 25k but has been reduced because pandemic) he only rustled up 1300 in his home state of Illinois. He just about scraped it in Wisconsin, however they’re examining the signatures as one of them appears to be Bernie Sanders, who’s gone on record to say ain’t shit to do with him. 

21 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

^^^ anti semantic type post

On 12/08/2020 at 18:09, Detournement said:

My take on the Thighland controversy is that I've never been able to repeat anything an SE Asian person has said in their language to their satisfaction beyond one syllable names. So f**k knows. 

Have you ever heard one other sensible person say ‘Thighland’ apart from Donald Trump? His pronunciation wasn’t that big a deal to begin with, as he’s probably reading from a prompter and has sounded the word the way it is spelt. I would imagine it’s quite an easy mistake to make and I’ve seen it happen to newsreaders etc. But the absolute pile on from people jumping to defend him is absolutely bonkers. He misspoke, it’s ok just to say he misspoke. 

On 13/08/2020 at 10:17, RiG said:

:lol:

ETA: A genuine quote from the orange lunatic.

That’s unreal. There’s a guy who puts raw transcripts of Trumps speeches up on Twitter and they make hilarious and horrifying reading. He very rarely speaks a full, legible sentence; going off on tangents as things pop into his head. The latest one I read was Trump speaking about his brother who just passed away and by the end he was talking about the ‘Chinese plague’. 

5 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

That’s unreal. There’s a guy who puts raw transcripts of Trumps speeches up on Twitter and they make hilarious and horrifying reading. He very rarely speaks a full, legible sentence; going off on tangents as things pop into his head. The latest one I read was Trump speaking about his brother who just passed away and by the end he was talking about the ‘Chinese plague’. 

If you ever hear someone doing the 'stream of consciousness' thing, where they just talk over a period of time and don't stop, that's exactly how The Donald's transcripts read. Just random gibberish loosely based on the vague thoughts that have entered his mind for a time, however fleeting.

It's a stage that kids seem to go through, until they pick up the cues from everyone around them that it's not something anybody else does, and that people switch off and stop listening if they don't close their mouths from time to time. Donnie has something missing that stops him registering the looks of sheer boredom and confusion.

6 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Have you ever heard one other sensible person say ‘Thighland’ apart from Donald Trump? His pronunciation wasn’t that big a deal to begin with, as he’s probably reading from a prompter and has sounded the word the way it is spelt. I would imagine it’s quite an easy mistake to make and I’ve seen it happen to newsreaders etc. But the absolute pile on from people jumping to defend him is absolutely bonkers. He misspoke, it’s ok just to say he misspoke. 

Are you not contradicting yourself there?