Old Firm Colts in L2

3 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Oh come on be fair the National team is at an all time high having just qualified for Russia. We have potential managers queuing round Hampden. The SPFL teams are dominating the English, French, Spanish and Luxembourg teams in European competitions and our league is awash with cash.

Let's not forget all that hard work they put in to try get the new team into the top flight, then the Championship, then the 12-12-18 league restructure to get them back to the top flight a season early. They tried so hard to avoid 'Armageddon' 

Another point I would like to get across is the 6 welsh clubs that play in the English set up. Just concentrate on the top 2 being Cardiff and Swansea as they are far and above the most successful and largest. They are solely committed and bound to England. They to my knowledge do not have a colts team playing in the welsh leagues. When Swansea won the league cup a few years back any coefficient points earned in Europe went to England not Wales. They do not currently play in the welsh cup although I believe they have entered weakened sides in the past at least 10 to 20 years ago. But they can not be in both it's one or the other and they chose England. 

Now I think we can all see that this is likely an attempt at keeping a presence in Scotland while they pursue the dream of European super league/Atlantic league or move to England. They would have a hand in both pots. As people have said it will start as colts. Then it will be reserves. Then it will lead to promotion. It will lead in dramatic effect the end of some league clubs. 

Don' forget in the past they have wanted to queue jump into English premier but would settle for English league 2/national league which in my eyes is still queue jumping. It's not hatred of the old firm I really couldn't give a shit about them it's sporting integrity of it. If they want a colts team they should at the very least go to back of the line in this case tier 6. If they move to England then they go to the back of the line. I would like to remind everyone at this point I am against colts but at least the above would be slightly more reasonable.

Another point on this subject. Sevco started life in League two with a squad of players all playing together close to six seasons ago. Are all those players now Scotland international team level, ready to take us to a World Cup? If the main team can't do it, what chance have the Colts got?

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, mrman2011 said:

Or someone who isn’t bigoted

Who has been bigoted so far in this thread? Interested to see names and evidence of this.

I hate them both. If they said black, I'd say white. The fact that neither has ever come up with a proposal that makes that position unjustifiable says more about them than me.

Another point on this subject. Sevco started life in League two with a squad of players all playing together close to six seasons ago. Are all those players now Scotland international team level, ready to take us to a World Cup? If the main team can't do it, what chance have the Colts got?

Surely that was Sevco’s chance to play their youth and develop them through the leagues. Instead they bought overpaid journeymen and total donkeys.

2 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Surely that was Sevco’s chance to play their youth and develop them through the leagues. Instead they bought overpaid journeymen and total donkeys.

Seem to remember when they played us in their 1st league game at the bottom level they had 9 international players in their squad, still sick we only managed a draw.

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Cowden Cowboy is either the most tedious person to have ever posted on this board or a superb troll.

You don't need to consider all the options. B teams in the league should be immediately dismissed, regardless of the bribe on offer.

I've disputed a couple of issues regarding this with him and disagreed completely with his stance, but I think he has to be cut a bit of slack. Anyone who (presumably) works all the available hours in the day for a club at this level deserves to have his say. I've no doubt I'd be taking a much greater devil's advocate view if I was responsible for keeping a League 2 team on the go.

In other news, Clyde have stated that they've not received formal details from the SPFL and that they're disappointed by the lack of a proper process in the whole matter. It is on the agenda for the next board meeting though, but the club's original concerns still apply. Consultation with supporters will take place when a formal paper has been received (I think it's obvious what the response to that will be).

I recent watched a programme about youth development in the academy systems down in England where Arsene Wenger said there was 3 key components to developing young players:

1. Good scouting - finding the right players which includes their attitude and temperament as well as technical abilities.

2. Good coaching - teaching the youngsters the right habits both mentally and physically as well as on and off the pitch.

3. Pathway to the 1st team - managers and coaches being brave enough in giving youngsters the opportunity in the 1st team. Wenger admitted that this was the hardest part and the one that EPL Clubs were failing at......understandable when they have 25 highly paid full internationals ahead of them and most managers under pressure to get results.

In Scotland we're still not producing technically good enough players which tells you we have a problem in step 2 and Celtic and Rangers* certainly have issues with step 3.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

This here speaks to the half-arsed, typically Scottish Football way we are doing this. Ignore the hard stuff, the fundamental changes in the way we view and teach the game of football that would take us closer to a model like.... I dont know... Spain.

Instead of that, just cherry pick random stuff like "Spain huv B teams!!!?!?@".

Go and find out why Spain have B teams, how it all works, and how they arrived at that point, then work towards it from the ground up.

You would think Celtic and Rangers dev teams were awash with young talent they have developed themselves who are being held back because their first 11 is a European powerhouse, when in reality, they are fucking garbage and so are their first teams. Really, who the f**k do we think we are to try and emulate the Spanish with this half arsed bollocks.

Thats todays anti colt rant done anyway.... I think.

I'm trying to figure out if you're criticising my post or not?! 

I agree that the SFA are half arsed in their approach to finding solutions though.

Cowden Cowboy is either the most tedious person to have ever posted on this board or a superb troll.
You don't need to consider all the options. B teams in the league should be immediately dismissed, regardless of the bribe on offer.

Well you see in the real world you do properly consider the options and don't just gut react based on your prejudices. But here in the virtual world you can indulge yourself with that luxury. Here's an interesting poser for you - what if the incentive was £200,000 not £15,000 and that level of finance might be transformative for your club and also nine other small Scottish clubs?

16 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Well you see in the real world you do properly consider the options and don't just gut react based on your prejudices. But here in the virtual world you can indulge yourself with that luxury. Here's an interesting poser for you - what if the incentive was £200,000 not £15,000 and that level of finance might be transformative for your club and also nine other small Scottish clubs?

But it's not that figure.  I imagine more clubs would likely be in favour however that is not the sum of money being bribed. Otherwise you could pluck any figure out of thin air to justify thoughts and actions

That depends what you value more, the integrity of the competition or the money. I know what I value more. Clubs can live within their means to stay afloat without the need for bribes to ruin the competition.

You are utterly deluded if you think people are gut reacting based on prejudices. It's a fuckin shambles of a proposal and deep down you know it. There isn't even 1 single factual benefit being presented. Not 1. You admitted as much yourself in a previous post.