Uefa nations league

Bambino7

Ronaldo being Ronaldo and making the difference. That Swiss chance just before the Portugal second goal looked easier to take than Ronaldo’s effort that put Portugal ahead again.

Ooft 2 nice strikes.

Sommer maybe a little slow to react with the first, and the defender made the second easy, but a great finish nevertheless.

Feel a little sorry for Switzerland but with the final being in Portugal it's probably best they went through.

Ronaldo being Ronaldo and making the difference. That Swiss chance just before the Portugal second goal looked easier to take than Ronaldo’s effort that put Portugal ahead again.

Fair fucks. Stepped up.

2 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Why is Bruno Fernandes pronounced with h on the end by the commentator

Because "es" at the end of a word is pronounced in Portuguese as "esh"? 

It's different in Spanish - also even in Portuguese, like any other language accents may vary- in Portugal for good morning they'll say bom dee-a but in Brazil it's bom jee-a, both spelt "dia"

I remember some English commentators  (think Motson was one)getting stick when Raul Meireles played in England for pronouncing it properly.  Clive Tyldesley always liked to say foreign names as they appeared in English as he was commentating for an English audience.

Edited by Fuctifano

1 minute ago, Fuctifano said:

Clive Tyldesley always liked to say foreign names as they appeared in English as he was commentating for an English audience.

Unfortunately, that gammon-faced, caterwauling, broadcasting bawhawk was never just commentating for an exclusively English audience.

Were there severe restrictions on capacity due to segregation etc. or was Porto's stadium really 1/6 empty to see Portugal play a major SF?

They said that they had struggled to sell tickets early on but that they had managed to sell them all in the end. I don’t know if any area was closed or something but they sold the tickets they had to sell, according to Sky.

5 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Were there severe restrictions on capacity due to segregation etc. or was Porto's stadium really 1/6 empty to see Portugal play a major SF?

I get the impression that literally nobody is taking winning this tournament seriously at all. 

England, who are bigging it up as a Euros equivalent in the media, aside, obviously. 

30 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I get the impression that literally nobody is taking winning this tournament seriously at all. 

England, who are bigging it up as a Euros equivalent in the media, aside, obviously. 

I'm getting the idea that the Dutch are taking this seriously as well. They don't see it as a Euros equivalent, but after a couple of poor years since the 2014 World Cup they are clearly keen on some silverware as a sign that they are back.