Blast From The Past!

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I'm counting 10 dead clubs on there without even trying  :(

Delighted to read that the league ladders are still going in the internet age. Without checking, anyone know which club tabs are missing?

Edit: and the ones cut off at the bottom.

Are they Clydebank, Meadowbank, Airdrie, Chester, Scarborough, Darlington, Aldershot, Hereford, Stockport (?!), Rangers...

I've seen the resurrected/successor clubs of 7 of the above.

Scottish D2 missing- Stranraer, Montrose, Stenny, Cowden, Stirling, Albion Rovers, Berwick.

7 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Are they Clydebank, Meadowbank, Airdrie, Chester, Scarborough, Darlington, Aldershot, Hereford, Stockport (?!), Rangers...

I've seen the resurrected/successor clubs of 7 of the above.

Scottish D2 missing- Stranraer, Montrose, Stenny, Cowden, Stirling, Albion Rovers, Berwick.

Bury.

I really shouldn't be surprised, but there are folk on eBay who sell their own sets of professional-looking league ladders that they've made up. Some of them look better than the Shoot! ones.

Thought it might be pertinent. I'm very tempted to make a purchase.

As a kid in the late '50's/early '60's, there was a game played in the school playground.
It was paper/cards in shield shapes of football clubs' badges.   You would hold a card with your forefinger,
and the next finger along, then flick it towards other cards already on the ground. If you covered/majorly covered
another card, then you won that card. The shields for the big clubs had some kind of higher value that I can't remember.

I think the cards may have come with bubble gum, or suchlike.  I never bought any.., I acquired mine by some alternative means.

Image result for johnny seven gun

Was given this "Johnny Seven" gun for my Christmas, just before my 7th birthday in the mid-sixties. It was fantastic and felt like i had a real multi-purpose weapon.  It made all the noises and was quite heavy when all the bits were attached. Not so sure an equivalent "toy" would be available today. 

Some of the Nerf guns the wean has owned over the years have had me secretly envious. They definitely have designers who'd be overjoyed if we were invaded by aliens and suddenly found ourselves in a futuristic sci-fi war.

Jesus, I just did an image search for Nerf Guns. Absolutely mental stuff.

14 hours ago, hearthammer said:

Image result for johnny seven gun

Was given this "Johnny Seven" gun for my Christmas, just before my 7th birthday in the mid-sixties. It was fantastic and felt like i had a real multi-purpose weapon.  It made all the noises and was quite heavy when all the bits were attached. Not so sure an equivalent "toy" would be available today. 

I remember seeing a lad trying to rob a shop in Oakley with something very similar to that. He got battered and humiliated by some local hard grannies. Was it you??