The Photography Thread

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/12/2023 at 09:58, Venti said:

Fog/cloud tsunami over the ferry.image.thumb.jpeg.a5d1df27aeb6d2c082adb92ee706b243.jpeg

I love photos that look like paintings* much more than the other way around. Would have bet that was a water colour.

*Without using some boring phone app to make a crappy photo of a sunflower look like Van Gogh, obviously..

Edited by welshbairn

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I love photos that look like paintings* much more than the other way around. Would have bet that was a water colour.

*Without using some boring phone app to make a crappy photo of a sunflower look like Van Gogh, obviously..

field.jpg.ba40dbdcc36963991b498c775fde4c0f.jpg

I took this one 15 years ago of some frosty fields in East Lothian. It has a painting quality about it I suppose. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2023 at 10:57, stevieKTID said:

I was in Aberdeenshire last week, lovely weather, it's been years since I've been up that way.

IMG_20231202_220649.jpg

On 10/12/2023 at 10:57, stevieKTID said:

IMG20231203114636.jpg

Looks 'Game of Thronesy'

Amazing.

Couple of shots of Kilchurn Castle taken on Boxing Day morning - one pre-sunrise and the other with some light hitting the castle. Reasonable reflections despite the stiff breeze. Not sure I've got the skill or the patience to get rid of the fence in Photoshop. Great location, though.

kilchurn castle.jpg

kilchurn castle-2.jpg