The Photography Thread

2 hours ago, The Mantis said:

I had a lovely wee Lumix LX3 I think with a Leica lens which I gave away to my son, and I think I upgraded it to a LX7 as I was going to Canada for a big anniversary. Metal body but very compact and it took RAW and had a moderate zoom so I carted it to fitba games in my pooch. I just use the phone now as it's better quality anyway but I imagine they have reached about the LX20 by this time and it was only about £200 quid from that geezer in Fife. I don't know if he's still trading but the likes of Panamoz will be good for price. Also a lot of my friends are using the Olympus 4/3 these days although I don't fancy such a small sensor, I'm just as happy carting my big gear for all the difference they keep going on about.

That bloke in fife? You mean kerso? I bought a couple of lenses from him and a relative met me at the bakers outside east fifes ground on a Saturday afternoon 😂 I think I was carrying about 2k on me that day. I think on a photography forum that he had some health issues a good while back and hasn't traded for long time now. 

I'm now thinking about just getting a couple of primes 24mm f2.8 and the 40mm pancake as they won't add too much weight to my camera body. Going to take my current 24 to 70mm f2.8 and take a few photos at the two focal lengths just to make sure I get on with it.

1 hour ago, greendot said:

That bloke in fife? You mean kerso? I bought a couple of lenses from him and a relative met me at the bakers outside east fifes ground on a Saturday afternoon 😂 I think I was carrying about 2k on me that day. I think on a photography forum that he had some health issues a good while back and hasn't traded for long time now. 

I'm now thinking about just getting a couple of primes 24mm f2.8 and the 40mm pancake as they won't add too much weight to my camera body. Going to take my current 24 to 70mm f2.8 and take a few photos at the two focal lengths just to make sure I get on with it.

Aye, Kerso. He was pretty popular amongst people in our club but it seems to be all panamoz nowadays. 

1 hour ago, Stevo Fife said:

Seilebost sunset. (Isle of Harris)

850_2798-Edit-Facebook-2.jpg

Next time you use the Enterprise to travel to Rigell VII I'd like to ride shotgun.

Had a bad illness so hardly been oot the hoose/hospingtal since September. Nice to see the usual suspects keeping the thread going.

Here's a couple from Lewis, back in the spring/summer:

5272df84-6d9a-4b50-9ba9-cff00a1e6875-original.thumb.jpg.a439215718c23e60e487c487e82ce789.jpg

R5__1876.thumb.jpg.ba1715848d8dabfa627a14881efebd12.jpg

Edited by The Mantis

• 3 weeks later...