Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

40 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Thanks for confirming that you're a misogynistic bigot (again)

My pleasure.

Actually, I have no objection to sport being open to either sex. Football, cricket, tennis, athletics,you name it.

Let’s have everyone compete together and see how that goes?

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

All the things you mention happened in completely different times and were a product of the way we thought then.

Times have changed and that’s great.

No doubt things will change again in ten, twenty, however many years and people will look back on us as being unenlightened.

Thats the whole point of learning history. We can understand the things that happened under the social and economic norms that pertained at the time and we progress or regress accordingly.

However, casting judgements on our ancestors who operated under a totally different landscape seems all a bit pointless.

Did you just contradict yourself here?

28 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

My pleasure.

Actually, I have no objection to sport being open to either sex. Football, cricket, tennis, athletics,you name it.

Let’s have everyone compete together and see how that goes?

Fascinating.

Quite what that has to do with you and your awful wife's hatred of women having the temerity to report on football matches is beyond me. 

28 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You mean only men who play football should be allowed to commentate on men's football?

Obviously not, but this stems from my stating that my dear wife of 50plus years much prefers to listen to male commentators and pundits whilst watching football. She loved watching Rangers during their wonderful European run. In fact I think they’re playing tonight. Must tell her.

Obviously not, but this stems from my stating that my dear wife of 50plus years much prefers to listen to male commentators and pundits whilst watching football. She loved watching Rangers during their wonderful European run. In fact I think they’re playing tonight. Must tell her.
Your words were she "hated women" commentating on the men's game. Which means (assuming you're not completely making it up) she's an absolute cretin. You're well suited.

29 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:
2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Your words were she "hated women" commentating on the men's game. Which means (assuming you're not completely making it up) she's an absolute cretin. You're well suited.

The use of the word ‘hate’ can have many meanings, as well you know.

You can say ‘ I hate traffic wardens, I hate broccoli, I hate football, etc., which is completely different from being very specific about a particular person. People on here say ‘ I hate BOJO, I hate Douglas Ross but they are not levelling specific threats against these people but rather what they represent.

So, please, stop being such a prat.

13 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

People on here say ‘ I hate BOJO, I hate Douglas Ross but they are not levelling specific threats against these people but rather what they represent.

I'd quite happily level specific threats against both those people. 

The use of the word ‘hate’ can have many meanings, as well you know.
You can say ‘ I hate traffic wardens, I hate broccoli, I hate football, etc., which is completely different from being very specific about a particular person. People on here say ‘ I hate BOJO, I hate Douglas Ross but they are not levelling specific threats against these people but rather what they represent.
So, please, stop being such a prat.
Nah. I'm happy with my conclusion that you are a pair of pathetic misogynists, cheers.

3 minutes ago, Kenneth840 said:

In times like this, during a worldwide crisis, sometimes it is better to be quiet and think of the future rather than go attention seeking on things in the past, especially things that cant be changed now. 

Never underestimate the desire for NS to be wanting to be seen to just care so much more than everybody else.

Climate. Covid. Witches. No-Fly Zones.

The list is endless.

On 09/03/2022 at 00:22, Day of the Lords said:

Do you have any evidence for this that you didn't find at the bottom of whatever bottle of cheap gin you're firing into right now?

On 09/03/2022 at 07:03, Day of the Lords said:

What's the matter Kincs? Didn't you want to reveal that your only source for this pish was the Scottish Sun😂

Sleep it off you utter loser.

On 09/03/2022 at 09:06, The_Kincardine said:

The daft FM of SCO is ranting about witches and her equally daft sister is reading tarot cards.

Meanwhile, you are doing the old 'drunk joke' routine.

What a fucking mess you are.

DOTL, aka Dottled, is an absolute mess.  An abusive poster that has nothing to offer apart from hatred to his fellow man. 

I suspect that he is a battered partner and takes out his anger of day to day life on other posters. 

On 09/03/2022 at 11:15, spongeheid15 said:

She's the biggest witch of all. ( but the sheep like her) 

And Scotland will continue to suffer while she/her is in charge. 

She is the best thing for unionists though. 

On 09/03/2022 at 11:18, Day of the Lords said:

Tetchy. Must be a belting hangover, you bitter old fool emoji23.png

You've neglected to show how her sister is using the FM's position btw. An oversight on your part, I'm sure.

More abuse directed towards a poster.  

Hypocrite. 

On 10/03/2022 at 09:10, Dawson Park Boy said:

When are we going to get an apology from the Italians for the Romans all those years ago?

Or from the Vikings?

Complete nonsense.

An apology is meant to be from the heart. It can only be from the person or persons that did wrong.  

If the apology comes from someone else not connected, it cannot be sincere. 

This virtue signalling nonsense cannot be from the heart.

On 10/03/2022 at 11:49, sophia said:

Anything to say on the way Alan Turing was treated and his posthumous royal pardon?

Acknowledgment of slavery abhorrent practices?

Don't you think it is important?

You may be willful or uninformed to ignore that this is really all about the serious issue of misogyny in Scotland today and timed to be coincidental with the report from Baroness Kennedy on this subject.

Don't you think it is good to make some civilised progress?

The person giving the apology cannot be sincere, therefore it doesnt count for much.