Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

2 hours ago, StellarHibee said:

Unless that opinion is Scottish Independence or rights for minorities, in which case it should absolutely be eliminated (as Westminster have done).

No I’m happy for nationalists to speak because I accept democracy, you also inadvertently benefit the cause to remain in the UK so it’s a win win. 

6 hours ago, Balde Bairn said:

It’s what fascism was built on and what we see in Scotland with the SNP. If you don’t like an opinion it shouldn’t then be eliminated. We live in a democracy. 

And the connection to your original sock puppet comments is........????

On 24/06/2023 at 11:11, Balde Bairn said:

For those who aren’t part of the they/them nationalist cult, where does the sock patter come from? 

When someone makes 2 or more accounts on online platform like this one, the purpose of the second third and fourth accounts and so on is to type comments agreeing with the main accounts posting, making it look like the posters opinions are popular rather than complete pish, a bit like what you're doing

21 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

When someone makes 2 or more accounts on online platform like this one, the purpose of the second third and fourth accounts and so on is to type comments agreeing with the main accounts posting, making it look like the posters opinions are popular rather than complete pish, a bit like what you're doing

That's exactly what they're doing. It's the same kind of people who post far-right pish on facebook, twitter and youtube, then use their other accounts to vote up and respond to those comments to manipulate the algorithms. Absolute weirdos.

47 minutes ago, StellarHibee said:

That's exactly what they're doing. It's the same kind of people who post far-right pish on facebook, twitter and youtube, then use their other accounts to vote up and respond to those comments to manipulate the algorithms. Absolute weirdos.

I can vaguely understand that on places like Twitter or Reddit, but why on Earth do people care on here?

Do they think it's like Green Shield Stamps or something?

1 minute ago, BTFD said:

I can vaguely understand that on places like Twitter or Reddit, but why on Earth do people care on here?

I don't think people do this sort of thing for free.

6 minutes ago, StellarHibee said:

I don't think people do this sort of thing for free.

On here?  :lol:  I've just been assuming they're housebound and terminally online.

If anyone's interested, I'm willing to pretend to be a fascist for £15/hr, but only at weekends.

22 minutes ago, BTFD said:

On here?  :lol:  I've just been assuming they're housebound and terminally online.

If anyone's interested, I'm willing to pretend to be a fascist for £15/hr, but only at weekends.

Not a good deal when you do it most of the time for free…

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Not a good deal when you do it most of the time for free…

How dare you try to silence my deeply-held beliefs. This is the kind of oppression that Orwell warned us about. Now I know how <banned posted> must have felt.

Am I doing it right?

Just now, BTFD said:

How dare you try to silence my deeply-held beliefs. This is the kind of oppression that Orwell warned us about. Now I know how <banned posted> must have felt.

Am I doing it right?

Yeah, but you need to be doing it ultra right.

40 minutes ago, BTFD said:

To be honest people who come on here to be argumentative/ contrarian etc are probably just bored and doing it to entertain themselves, its just a Scottish football chat forum after all and is hardly likely to sway public opinion .

There are definitely people and automated programs that do it on bigger and more influential platforms with a definite agenda and some of them are professionals who do it for profit. 
its a fantastic way to both gather and spread (false) information,  those widely shared memes with thinly veiled racism- please be a ware - the police will be telling people to take down England flags incase it offends muslims etc , everyone who likes, shares & comments on those has outed themselves as both a bigot and a gullible idiot. Handy information if you want to stir up trouble from the right..

9 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

To be honest people who come on here to be argumentative/ contrarian etc are probably just bored and doing it to entertain themselves, its just a Scottish football chat forum after all and is hardly likely to sway public opinion .

There are definitely people and automated programs that do it on bigger and more influential platforms with a definite agenda and some of them are professionals who do it for profit. 
its a fantastic way to both gather and spread (false) information,  those widely shared memes with thinly veiled racism- please be a ware - the police will be telling people to take down England flags incase it offends muslims etc , everyone who likes, shares & comments on those has outed themselves as both a bigot and a gullible idiot. Handy information if you want to stir up trouble from the right..

Also handy for finding out which of the people you know aren't bigots, but...

(hint: it's all of them)

13 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

No we’re not…

On 26/06/2023 at 16:46, Balde Bairn said:

No I’m happy for nationalists to speak because I accept democracy, you also inadvertently benefit the cause to remain in the UK so it’s a win win. 

There are a subset of Scottish Nationalists that genuinely think that anyone disagreeing with them is a troll with several usernames.

I used to think it was just a defence mechanism, but over time I've reached the conclusion that they are being genuine.

Sad eh?  They are best ignored.  If you behave in the same way back, then it'll be you that gets the ban.  Sad but true.

The mindset of the SNP is to ban ban ban, and that filters down to their supporters.  Humza's hate speech laws are an absolutely disgrace in a supposedly free society.  It's fascist, as you rightly say.

Edited by Johnny Martin

58 minutes ago, Johnny Martin said:

There are a subset of Scottish Nationalists that genuinely think that anyone disagreeing with them is a troll with several usernames.

I used to think it was just a defence mechanism, but over time I've reached the conclusion that they are being genuine.

Sad eh?  They are best ignored.  If you behave in the same way back, then it'll be you that gets the ban.  Sad but true.

The mindset of the SNP is to ban ban ban, and that filters down to their supporters.  Humza's hate speech laws are an absolutely disgrace in a supposedly free society.  It's fascist, as you rightly say.

You really don't have a fucking clue what free speech means.