The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

46 minutes ago, Molotov said:

I don’t give a fcuk either. Some of our greatest ever players have been stauncher than a staunch thing. 

Exhibit A:

IMG_3505.thumb.webp.8f1541ffd63df48caed09fd7ea59626f.webp

Fergie gave many of us the greatest day of our lives and he should be in our Hall of Fame.

Carson doesn’t come close to being talked about in 3 months never mind 35 years. 

Sir Alex Ferguson isn’t even in it, never mind daft Fergie. The fact neither are in is nothing short of scandalous. Auld grumpy nuts should be reached out to with an olive branch before, well, time is marching on for all of us. Would he tell the club to fcuk off? Maybe. Would absolutely love to see the hatchet buried and he could come and be inducted into our HoF with a visit to the ground and be cheered by the fans.

51 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

I want us to sign a solid left back , that can also slot in left midfield if required , who is also able to take a long throw  . 

We all do but Strapp is NOT the guy. He had a trial with us and wasn't signed.

Why? He isn't good enough.

Has anyone else been rushing to sign him?

2 hours ago, Ric said:

My argument is that an experienced keeper would have set themselves properly giving them a better chance of stopping what was a weak shot. It's not a Carson vs Hemming thing, it's a Hemming vs Experience issue. 

Carson showing his experience to set himself up to not save a weak shot from a narrow angle after 16 secs below, whilst going down in stages. The ball actually goes in straight in the middle of the goal! 

And then setting himself up, using his experience, to somehow get lobbed while standing on his own goal line after 56 secs.

Hopeless! 

I never rated him, Hemming will gain us points this season

Edited by Captain_Sensible

3 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Carson showing his experience to set himself up to not save a weak shot from a narrow angle after 16 secs below, whilst going down in stages. 

And then setting himself up, using his experience, to somehow get lobbed while standing on his own goal line after 56 secs.

I never rated him, Hemming will gain us points this season

Definitely way worse at both goals than Hemming on Sunday.

2 minutes ago, Norrie82 said:

Someone on a Celtic website saying they’re interested in Strain - it came up when I typed in St Mirren to Google and was one of the news stories. Possibly rubbish tho - hope so 

Haven't they got Johnston and Ralston at least who play there?

Cannot see this as anything other than a daft rumour.

16 minutes ago, Norrie82 said:

Someone on a Celtic website saying they’re interested in Strain - it came up when I typed in St Mirren to Google and was one of the news stories. Possibly rubbish tho - hope so 

You must have different Google from me.

28 minutes ago, Norrie82 said:

Would hope not as they'd low-ball you more than Hearts or us would.

Transfers come down to balance books plus sell on classes it's the market and reality St Mirren are in. Used to hear over the years from older fans. Stopped watching St Mirren due to selling our best players. This is 2023  nothing has changed I don't know the books. But the chairman and manager has said we are a selling club. If that means a bigger club like Aberdeen who can give a player 3 x salary than we can what you going to say. No you can't go. Nonsense who ever will go to a bigger stage and a good sell on clause I think. 

1 minute ago, NathanDrake88 said:

Think he’d be off in a flash tbh, huge club. Would be hard to turn them down rather than go to the championship 

Agree some Saints fans live in Disneyland. Reality is money talks . As long as the sell on is right. St Mirren is a selling club it's been told since I first suppered  St Mirren in 1967. 

Tell you what folks, I’ve never seen such a forensic examination of a goal we lost in a game we won as I’ve seen here 😂

Hemming was excellent on Sunday, end of.

1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

You need to wake up to reality mate but I understand your dreams . 

Ian , I think you can rest assured that if Strain leaves this window , it won't be to another Scottish club. 

32 minutes ago, billyg said:

Ian , I think you can rest assured that if Strain leaves this window , it won't be to another Scottish club. 

How much do you think the club would sell him for? £500k? £750k? I could well see him go to another Scottish club, and especially if he plays well against Aberdeen on the 27th - a few days before the window closes.