The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

6 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

That mistake by Campbell Money was made in horrendous weather conditions. He threw in a few towards the tail end of his career, but up until then his mistakes were a rarity, to say the least. Not to mention his ridiculous record of saving penalties. You used to expect a penalty save, which is a feeling I've never had with any other keeper.

Hladky?

14 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Cheers I took inspiration from your tweets mate. 

The great thing about twitter is that you don’t need to read tweets you aren’t interested in.

7 minutes ago, Div said:

The great thing about twitter is that you don’t need to read tweets you aren’t interested in.

I like your shite jokes though? You're taking my comment a lot more seriously than intended. 

I won't bother you on mystery striker bad news day again sorry. 

2 minutes ago, port-ton said:

I like your shite jokes though? You're taking my comment a lot more seriously than intended. 

I won't bother you on mystery striker bad news day again sorry. 

It’s ok.

We will just put it down to “altitude sickness” on your part given Morten have not been in the top flight since 1985. 

Just now, Molotov said:

It’s ok.

We will just put it down to “altitude sickness” on your part given Morten have not been in the top flight since 1985. 

Communities cup champions you'll never sing that. 

4 minutes ago, elvis said:

Nahmani and Bolton both injured.

Not a great start for Bolton considering he’s come to us on the back of 2 injury plagued years 😲

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Sometimes, but I can guarantee it won't affect Carson in any way whatsoever, other than giving him a good laugh at grown men and women foaming at the mouth.

Judas was a special case.:)

It certainly didn't affect Paul Hartley when he got dogs abuse off saints fans. 

Better to say nothing apart from laughing if/when they f up. 

Just caught up with 5 pages of posts on here.

I can see @Ric's point about Carson, even though I don't agree with him, because I rated him very highly. I actually believe he was better than Hladky and Alnwick, a comment that I don't believe would have been controversial prior to his petulance. My views on the matter are essentially: 

i) There's no way we should be paying him to train, and I agree that he cannot be part of the team given that he clearly doesn't want to play for us anymore. Our players should be proud to don the shirt.

ii) He needs to be got rid of to set an example to other players that we will not tolerate that sort of disruptive behaviour.

iii) His continued presence might unsettle other players.

iv) Any sort of pay off, to get him off the books, would have been immoral.

Even if Carson has a sensational season for Dundee, we need to have some pride as a club. This was the right decision, IMHO.

I cannot remember who it was who made the excellent point about hos Carson's selfish antics would have possibly affected Urminsky's confidence going into the Rangers game. Of course, that's speculation, but it's a valid point and certainly it could have done. The guy's an arse and I hope everybody boos him and lets him know that he's seen for the scumbag he is. 

If he's egotistical enough to spit the dummy out over not being played in what was a meaningless game, then I think booing and jeering will get to him. You'd have to be pretty thick-skinned not to notice several thousand fans' boos at all. If it does and especially if he concedes a howler or a few goals, then it may knock his confidence and lead to him having an underwhelming season. 

"Fucking boooooo!" 🤬