The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

I believe that it was reported a couple of seasons ago that 40% of season ticket holders do not live in Paisley. Certainly from the guys that I go to games with that percentage would be higher. Only 1 out of 6 lives in Paisley now. 

28 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

I believe that it was reported a couple of seasons ago that 40% of season ticket holders do not live in Paisley. Certainly from the guys that I go to games with that percentage would be higher. Only 1 out of 6 lives in Paisley now. 

I’ve never lived in Paisley. Was born in Paisley, raised in Johnstone Castle then Spateston when it was first built and was all shiny & new (great days - the Osprey, the Cochrane House Hotel, the tennis courts… anyone remember when they built a crazy golf course too?)… then in adult life, have only ever lived in Houston and now Cumbernauld. Will need to carry me out of Cumbernauld in a box, love living up here…. Paisley always feels like my hometown, but I’ve never lived in it. 😄🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Edited by pozbaird

10 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I love Keith Lasley.

Came across brilliantly in that interview last night. Seems a great guy with a genuine determination to succeed in the post and was very honest in his Motherwell soft spot while being professional about it too. Long may he continue in the role.

On living in Paisley now zero out of 5 in our "group" (4 ST holders)

48 minutes ago, callum-g said:

The rain has been constant here and the forecast is not good at all. Could the game be in doubt ? 

Already 4 off & no doubt pitch inspections elsewhere will see more call offs. 

Rain due to stop around 5.00 tonight and to be relatively dry tomorrow.

Should give the floods time to subside.

Linwood Toll as usual about 3 foot deep, with the obligatory vans and cars submerged due to people inexplicably thinking that they can drive through a swimming pool.

A couple of floods on Ferguslie Park avenue that are passable with care and the usual under the bridges next to the station and in murray Street.

1 hour ago, callum-g said:

The rain has been constant here and the forecast is not good at all. Could the game be in doubt ? 

Already 4 off & no doubt pitch inspections elsewhere will see more call offs. 

I'm on the Wemyss Bay ferry crew telling me to go Largs way . Inverkip road flooded no doubt parts of the Greenock also.  Hoping to have a night in Glasgow. Hope the game is on . Have heard what FTOF is saying rain pass by teatime . 

50 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Rain due to stop around 5.00 tonight and to be relatively dry tomorrow.

Should give the floods time to subside.

Linwood Toll as usual about 3 foot deep, with the obligatory vans and cars submerged due to people inexplicably thinking that they can drive through a swimming pool.

A couple of floods on Ferguslie Park avenue that are passable with care and the usual under the bridges next to the station and in murray Street.

I take it you live in the Paisley area? 😉

10 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Tanser signed a two year extension. Class.

Weird though because we were definitely told he and his agent would be angling for a move after one season.

Not weird at all. He's settled in a good team and playing the best football of his life with us... what more could anyone want except success and more dosh.

Just wait till Messi hears about us.

And the success is coming too.

8 minutes ago, medals said:

Not weird at all. He's settled in a good team and playing the best football of his life with us... what more could anyone want except success and more dosh.

Just wait till Messi hears about us.

And the success is coming too.

I believe Houston Bud is having a pop at a certain poster who has a bit of thing against Tanser.:lol:

Just now, Buttocks Brown said:

Not St Mirren news but.....

I see that the injury that Kyle Magennis picked up against us was a "severe hamstring tear". Unbelievable the run of his injuries he's had. Sidelined now for another 3 months.

Hopefully back for the new year game so he can score again for us.

35 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Tanser signed a two year extension. Class.

Weird though because we were definitely told he and his agent would be angling for a move after one season.

This is superb news, he’s brilliant. Quite surprised he’s signed it to be honest, if he keeps playing like he is he’s going to have much bigger clubs than us interested in him. Now they’ll need to pay us to sign him, good. 

14 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Not St Mirren news but.....

I see that the injury that Kyle Magennis picked up against us was a "severe hamstring tear". Unbelievable the run of his injuries he's had. Sidelined now for another 3 months.

Such a shame for the guy. Think we dodged a bullet when we sold him to Hibs. Gutted for him nonetheless. Poor guy.