Jump to content

The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread


Recommended Posts

I’d be very happy if Watt stays. The best thing about our squad this season, in my opinion naturally, is that there were no wastes of a wage, no shirkers, sand-dancers, bad attitudes, or non-triers. No-one was a ‘dud’ IMHO. I reckon we’d be hard-pressed to name one St Mirren player who invoked the wrath of the North Bank and Gentleman’s Pavilion for being a complete and utter Djemba.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Play in a reserve league like they used to

No to B teams 

Voted no to conference league, no to the proposal having a benefit to SMFC, yes to a B or reserve team in general and voted on the provision of it being solely within a B or reserve league in its own format and not part of the senior pyramid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Voted no to conference league, no to the proposal having a benefit to SMFC, yes to a B or reserve team in general and voted on the provision of it being solely within a B or reserve league in its own format and not part of the senior pyramid.

Totally 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I’d be very happy if Watt stays. The best thing about our squad this season, in my opinion naturally, is that there were no wastes of a wage, no shirkers, sand-dancers, bad attitudes, or non-triers. No-one was a ‘dud’ IMHO. I reckon we’d be hard-pressed to name one St Mirren player who invoked the wrath of the North Bank and Gentleman’s Pavilion for being a complete and utter Djemba.

Some did not contribute very much : Toyosi, Henderson,Tait, Brophy 

I doubt many of us would argue that they were good value for money in our squad.

I guess there are always some, through injuries etc this can happen too though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DumbartonBud said:

Olusanya?

Oh, I recognise that some were loaned out, on the periphery, or mostly on the bench, but the normal starting XI plus five or six others, all seem to have been a tight group, and popular with the fans. I genuinely don’t remember even shrugging my shoulders once and quietly wondering to myself why Robbo’ was picking a certain individual. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK. I’ve followed St Mirren for a long time, been to a couple of Normandy hotel PoTY do’s, seen plenty of player table photies… but this is verging on the ridiculous. There’s five blokes at the back there, way too good-looking, way too sharply dressed, and way too cool to be St Mirren players. I’m not buying it - looks like the NFL draft back there. Stop it lads, you’re giving the rest of us a showing up. 😎

 

585701B1-35CD-4FF2-A6E6-623E029D4042.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

OK. I’ve followed St Mirren for a long time, been to a couple of Normandy hotel PoTY do’s, seen plenty of player table photies… but this is verging on the ridiculous. There’s five blokes at the back there, way too good-looking, way too sharply dressed, and way too cool to be St Mirren players. I’m not buying it - looks like the NFL draft back there. Stop it lads, you’re giving the rest of us a showing up. 😎

 

585701B1-35CD-4FF2-A6E6-623E029D4042.jpeg

Tried to see who you were on about but my eyes were automatically dragged to Gorgeous Joe every time i looked at the photo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

OK. I’ve followed St Mirren for a long time, been to a couple of Normandy hotel PoTY do’s, seen plenty of player table photies… but this is verging on the ridiculous. There’s five blokes at the back there, way too good-looking, way too sharply dressed, and way too cool to be St Mirren players. I’m not buying it - looks like the NFL draft back there. Stop it lads, you’re giving the rest of us a showing up. 😎

 

585701B1-35CD-4FF2-A6E6-623E029D4042.jpeg

Sunglasses inside though. If that's not due a fine I don't know what is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Sunglasses inside though. If that's not due a fine I don't know what is.

Drinking Budweiser deserves more of a fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@RandomGuy. I know you like stuff like this.

Independent data analyst who does freelance work for FC Twente in Holland was asked about Mark O'Hara by someone and his data for this season. He's stuck a replacement price of €2.7m on his head.

Added in screenshot as twitter not embedding for some reason.

https://twitter.com/JoostvanderLeij/status/1663112123939975169

image.png.f63ffc617677976fea53b13550e49860.png

Edited by djchapsticks
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

@RandomGuy. I know you like stuff like this.

Independent data analyst who does freelance work for FC Twente in Holland was asked about Mark O'Hara by someone and his data for this season. He's stuck a replacement price of €2.7m on his head.

Added in screenshot as twitter not embedding for some reason.

https://twitter.com/JoostvanderLeij/status/1663112123939975169

image.png.f63ffc617677976fea53b13550e49860.png

Don't worry, i'm already following him 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

@RandomGuy. I know you like stuff like this.

Independent data analyst who does freelance work for FC Twente in Holland was asked about Mark O'Hara by someone and his data for this season. He's stuck a replacement price of €2.7m on his head.

Added in screenshot as twitter not embedding for some reason.

https://twitter.com/JoostvanderLeij/status/1663112123939975169

image.png.f63ffc617677976fea53b13550e49860.png


He's a good player clearly, but it's a stretch to credit St Mirren's scouting when it was basically just part of Robinson's "sign all my ex-Motherwell players" strategy. A lot of these guys seem to just be world class aftertimers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, craigkillie said:


He's a good player clearly, but it's a stretch to credit St Mirren's scouting when it was basically just part of Robinson's "sign all my ex-Motherwell players" strategy. A lot of these guys seem to just be world class aftertimers.

To be fair to the guy, I think he's not really involved with the Scots game and was just responding to a request to look at MO'H. He's seen the value and the £0 fee and has filled in the blanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Tempted to say it’s because we have no good young players coming through. But we did have Dylan Reid and back in the day these youngsters would have been able to come through and get games before getting sold. 
 

That and the OF hoovering up all the pro youth

I genuinely think the timing of Reids contract running out was unfortunate as i felt that next season was probably going to be his chance of stepping up, if he had extended his stay. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, pozbaird said:

I’d be very happy if Watt stays. The best thing about our squad this season, in my opinion naturally, is that there were no wastes of a wage, no shirkers, sand-dancers, bad attitudes, or non-triers. No-one was a ‘dud’ IMHO. I reckon we’d be hard-pressed to name one St Mirren player who invoked the wrath of the North Bank and Gentleman’s Pavilion for being a complete and utter Djemba.

He certainly seems to be part of the squad.:lol:

poty-2023-03.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • djchapsticks changed the title to The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...