The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Was walking through an Asda today to get something, and this kids book on a shelf just caught my eye. I swear I haven’t moved it, it was sat on the shelf just as you see…. steady lads, steady, the last letter wasn’t a ‘Y’…. I checked. 

…and breathe. 🙃

11B274A7-1A89-4802-931B-50A9C587228E.jpeg

17 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Well I seriously hope no one ever manages to win two Covid cups again. 👍

I can literally taste the jealousy off your posts BTW. Please, please, tell me how it would've been shite for your team win two trophies in the same season.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I can literally taste the jealousy off your posts BTW. Please, please, tell me how it would've been shite for your team win two trophies in the same season.

No fans = Doesn’t really count.

You know it makes sense. 😄

7 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

No lap of honour due to kuntery and rucking with the Sevco = doesn’t count either.

What you really want is to win it with your fans going mental, doing a full lap of honour, being the last team to take home with you the genuine, original Scottish Cup, and, should you also be the last team to win it with an all-Scottish team…. Well, I say, that one counts. Hell, we might even have been the last team to win it with the old square shaped Hampden posts in place too. Don’t quote me on that one.

Bottom line, ours counted. 😎

After we beat Rangers that season I did think it would be absolutely typical of us to win a cup when we were unable to have the open top bus etc. Given we made the last four in both cups that season, and who was left, it's pretty frustrating we didn't win at least one of them - and if we'd won both let's not pretend we'd have shut up about it by now.

Anyway, thank you to everyone who has sponsored me for the Manchester Marathon for Accord Hospice, I've reached an insane amount. This is my last plug before the race on Sunday (if I'm not in hospital or an ice cream induced recovery coma I'll try to post afterwards about how I got on), so if anyone else fancies chucking in a few quid... https://www.justgiving.com/page/stuartisturning40

6 hours ago, Ric said:

Come on, just name me, because it is clear that's who you mean...

Eh…..naw. But if the cap fits. 😜 

If you had been paying attention to even the comments on here or the Misery Hunters podcast I thought you would pick up that I was referring to @SS77

He even got a bit of friendly banter from his podcast pals about his comments online about Zach.

SS77 hopefully knows I’m only pulling his leg. 

Think you need to lighten up a little @Ric 😊 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Aye imagine years from now explaining to your grandkids how your team won the double in one season but you wurnae at Hampden to see it happen. 🤔 

I still cherish these memories inside Hampden after years of trying: 

IMG_9013.jpeg.03bebd4e9e3f9146a22905806c517a8f.jpeg

IMG_9016.thumb.jpeg.3f72296bbc93ec086c7b2ea998b92676.jpeg

Think there are some members of both squads whose only major domestic honour has come at St Mirren. 

Edited by Molotov

It’s noticeable from the above pictures that we were wearing white shorts with the home strip for both cup wins.

As we were for both our other cup wins.

if we want to win a domestic cup next season we obviously need to have white shorts.

it might be different in Europe of course.

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

Eh…..naw. But if the cap fits. 😜 

If you had been paying attention to even the comments on here or the Misery Hunters podcast I thought you would pick up that I was referring to @SS77

He even got a bit of friendly banter from his podcast pals about his comments online about Zach.

Of course!

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

Aye imagine years from now explaining to your grandkids how your team won the double in one season but you wurnae at Hampden to see it happen. 🤔 

I've watched St Johnstone win 2 Scottish Cups and a League Cup, never missed a Semi or Final visit when tickets were available, yet never seen us win at Hampden in the flesh.

If that holds then in 20 years it'll be great for pub quizzes.

Things I now know, Killie are loaded and building great towers and monuments to their wealth and St Johnstone won the cup double but nobody was there.

Just making a note in case I forget and can’t see any mention of it anywhere. 👍🏼

19 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I guarantee that ticket stubs from St Johnstone's two cup final victories will sell for a fortune on Ebay in the future.

I'm genuinely one of the only Saints fans with a matchday programme from the win at Ibrox.

I've no idea why they made one tbh, but I'm convinced it'll be worth a fortune one day.

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

They'll want a 6 figure fee.

I'm not convinced they will, but we paid a six figure fee for a player last Summer.

7 hours ago, Div said:

I'm not convinced they will, but we paid a six figure fee for a player last Summer.

I think English clubs are similar to the OF, in that they think every player is worth 6 figures or more simply because they play for them.

15 hours ago, Molotov said:

When I posted my (correct for the time) stuff, I was pretty much jumped upon, and it has been dragged up several times, I just assumed that was the case here.

I never listen to Misery Hunters. As for here, I only fleetingly bother with this site any more.

5 hours ago, Ric said:

When I posted my (correct for the time) stuff, I was pretty much jumped upon, and it has been dragged up several times, I just assumed that was the case here.

I never listen to Misery Hunters. As for here, I only fleetingly bother with this site any more.

And I’m sure many are thankful for that! 

12 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

So I guess Dundee making top 6 throws our post split fixtures (which would’ve been straightforward if Hibs or Motherwell had got there) into doubt. 

Maybe the SPFL will tell Dundee they need to play every fixture away from home, to ensure the season finishes before Glasgow hosts the Commonwealth Games in 2026.

Now that the routine gubbing by an ugly is over, time for Smurrrn to re-focus. Two things only now matter IMHO. Us finishing 5th, and Sellik pumping Aberdeen out the cup, quick smartish.