The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

4 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Joma get allot of stick but they deserve allot of credit for giving so many despoke kits, many of which are decent IMO. 

It's almost identical to Atalantas last season.

Why would you have such an excellent front then make the back black ? It's like you cant afford to make both sides the same. Totally bizarre it would have sold like hot cakes had both sides been the same. Can see it looking ok on the pitch with white numbers and white letters .  If I wear a top it will be the King sponsor back to front the same. Missed opportunity Saints to be one of the best selling tops of all time. Bring back Poz. 

Just now, djchapsticks said:

I'd guess white numbers with a gold trim. 

That sounds very stylish! I'm thinking I'll get my two digit St. Mirren number printed on the back, and perhaps have it framed at the end of the season along with the certificate. 😎

I suppose it depends on the kind of season we have, though... 😂 

5 hours ago, pozbaird said:

I think it might actually look OK with a black back - when you see the players in it with white names and numbers. Could look more than a bit ‘Juve’, which isn’t a bad thing. I quite like it, think it will look good ‘in the flesh’.

I agree. The stripes on the front and sleeves are bang on, I really like it. If the back is all black with white numbers and names I'll be delighted because (being ancient) player identification has become a major bugbear for me. Ok, it'll only be an issue this coming season if we are ever allowed back into the ground to watch the match !!

In previous years our kit with stripes on the back and red numbers and names were impossible for me to decipher, even fairly close up.

Help the aged !!!

1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

Why would you have such an excellent front then make the back black ? It's like you cant afford to make both sides the same. Totally bizarre it would have sold like hot cakes had both sides been the same. Can see it looking ok on the pitch with white numbers and white letters .  If I wear a top it will be the King sponsor back to front the same. Missed opportunity Saints to be one of the best selling tops of all time. Bring back Poz. 

Why thank you... however... while I am firmly in the ‘stripes on the back’ camp, I always liked this Hummel shirt with the black back. I think with the black shorts and mostly black socks, this new Joma kit will look pretty damn good with a black back. 

C9D9F6D1-C32E-4FA5-A827-A72B1A27F1FC.jpeg

The Germans have got the audio of the crowd spot on singing, claps for good moves , shouts when fouls.  Certainly 100% better than when there was no audio when their league campaign kicked off. Wonder if this will be introduced to our games. 

1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

The Germans have got the audio of the crowd spot on singing, claps for good moves , shouts when fouls.  Certainly 100% better than when there was no audio when their league campaign kicked off. Wonder if this will be introduced to our games. 

They'll pipe in that one sweary guy that they always have to apologise for.

On 14/06/2020 at 17:22, ZingaliMan said:

Piped booing to make the boys feel at home ( thought I'd get this in before the Dundee or Saintees)

On 15/06/2020 at 10:04, Spam_Valley said:

I see Livi are chasing Jakubiak as well as ourselves. I’d like to think we’d be able to compete with them on signings but you never know.

Not so sure. If they sell Dykes I'm guessing they could use that money to offer him a better deal.