"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

2 hours ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

The most mental thing to me is that they’re basing all these losses and numbers on the assumption that they finish SECOND this season??? That seems completely bonkers to me as they’re essentially accepting administration which will result in a 15 point deduction, and they’re not exactly flying at the moment so relegation could be on the cards 100%. Seems incredibly optimistic to me

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

The amount between the positions in terms of prize money is nowhere near as much in L1 as it is in the Leagues above. It’ll be more money but a 2nd place finish compared to 7th or whatever is nothing too big in the grand scheme of things. Of course relegation is an entirely different thing though - I think… 

The difference in prize money last season between Hamilton in 2nd and Annan in 8th was about £45k or something like that. It’s a drop in the ocean in comparison to the numbers being talked about here. 

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

6 minutes ago, Lanky Highlander said:

Absolutely this. 

I don't think it will lead to admin, you'll obviously be relegated and probably stay at your natural level of tier 2.  Which is The Caley's natural level too, if we were managed of and off the park properly.

3 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Stuff you wrote 

As with so many of my P&B posts, this has nothing of any relevance to current discussion, nor even any 'substance' in general... but I saw a post from your good self and it reminded me: As myself and @Rosscubed were chatting on our way home from the St Johnstone game the other week, we were discussing some P&B discussion or another, and I accidentally referred to you as "Jake the Pikey", which we both found to be mildly entertaining.

That is all.

#'montheIKEA

Edited by The Great Stagsby

5 hours ago, mozam76 said:

I see the point you're making, but you can't possibly label all those clubs as "mid-sized". 

In Scotland:

Big-sized: Celtic, TFCFKA Rangers
Mid-sized: other FT teams
Wee-sized: the rest

4 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Great stuff.

"2) any innovative ideas for raising substantial funding, that might have been overlooked by us as a Board, can be e mailed to us at panos.thomas@ictfc.co.uk"

I can guarantee them £200,000, but I'll need a grand to get started.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but if you do go into Administration does the season ticket holders not just become creditors? In essence you will need to pay again to get in? If this is the case why would you buy a season ticket?

I wish you all the best, a horrid situation.

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

Any other CEO of a normal company would be facing a court hearing to explain their actions by now, especially given Gardiner's previous track record 

I'm fairly certain Savage is working on that especially now Gardiner is demanding over £100k. 

One of the reasons administration will be considered is cause Savage won't want to pay that c**t a penny & rightfully so. It was bad enough when he was demanding £60k now he's wanting double that. 

Absolute grifter. 

16 minutes ago, The Great Stagsby said:

As with so many of my P&B posts, this has nothing of any relevance to current discussion, nor even any 'substance' in general... but I saw a post from your good self and it reminded me: As myself and @Rosscubed were chatting on our way home from the St Johnstone game the other week, we were discussing some P&B discussion or another, and I accidentally referred to you as "Jake the Pikey", which we both found to be mildly entertaining.

That is all.

#'montheIKEA

I'll take that, I dont know if there is a mechanism for changing user names, if there is I will do it.  Completely unrelated my elderly mother offered me a cake the other day, I accepted and asked where it was from.  She said "The Sinful Bakers or something".  It was from Bad Girl Bakery. Oh how I laughed.

#ifyoubuildtheikeatheywillcome

Just now, Ayrfix said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but if you do go into Administration does the season ticket holders not just become creditors? In essence you will need to pay again to get in? If this is the case why would you buy a season ticket?

I wish you all the best, a horrid situation.

This is why some fans including myself didn't buy season tickets cause there was always the possibility that we could be putting all that money down a drain. I just bought tickets on matchday. 

No way was I wasting a few hundred on inflated administration fees.

29 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I don't think it will lead to admin, you'll obviously be relegated and probably stay at your natural level of tier 2.  Which is The Caley's natural level too, if we were managed of and off the park properly.

Going off at a tangent a bit here, but ... a lot of the administration problems up here can be in part related to "mid-sized" clubs attempting to reach (and stay) in the "promised land" of the top league, both of which requires significant funding which in turn encourages club owners/directors to stretch the financial risk profiles beyond what would normally be thought of as acceptable.  To me, this is in large part driven by the small leagues we have - a larger 18 team top flight makes the top tier relatively achievable for clubs like these, with lower financial risks.  Of course this was all driven by greed and the desire to corrale the OF related gate/TV receipts for the few and to hell with the rest.  The restructuring of our leagues has a lot to answer for, and smaller clubs continue to pay the price.