"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

Always makes me laugh when people refer to their “legal team”.  It’ll be a weather beaten solicitor and a paralegal if he’s lucky. 

The rest is just the pathetic meowling of someone who’s been found out. 

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

15 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Funny how Gardiner is now fully in the corner of fans and local businesses considering he has spent the previous 5 years doing everything he possibly could to piss them off as much as possible.

40 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

Always makes me laugh when people refer to their “legal team”.  It’ll be a weather beaten solicitor and a paralegal if he’s lucky. 

The rest is just the pathetic meowling of someone who’s been found out. 

Best in the business, I'm hearing. 

86cc13_e8c1a367a7cd4434a4b1225fc684cad9mv2.jpeg.e947eeeaaf7c007c92b5986befb39c8d.jpeg

Mr. Savage needs to do everything he can to bring Mr. Cameron out of retirement. Three successive annual profits, silverware, Europe - the man was a business genius. This also serves to demonstrate (to Arbroath fans) that our historic successes were not based on spending beyond our means.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11795/10064685/inverness-caledonian-thistle-announce-record-profit-on-back-of-best-ever-season

On 10/10/2024 at 13:52, Stellaboz said:

You don't think these directors actually want that 3m back? That's clearly never going to happen in any way. 

Anyone putting cash into a football club is clearly deluded if they think a loan is ever coming back to them, so you're absolutely right.  Generally, it's needed as working capital and has already been spent or is just about to be spent.

2 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Not convinced it's allowed unless we've found a loophole I wasn't aware of, but we're streaming today's game on YouTube

I’d imagine as there are no English/Scottish Premier League games today the blackout doesn’t apply.  

48 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

This game is a dreadful standard. Some awful weather here.

I dunno what's worse, the game or the camera work, feel a wee bitty seasick

19 hours ago, Spyro said:

Scot Gardiner has heard enough now. Leaving Inverness Caledonian Thistle in August, the former chief executive planned to keep his own counsel. 

Pursuing a claim against his former employer, picking over old scabs held no appeal.

Facing accusations from ex-chairman and ICT benefactor Alan Savage of incompetence and actions liable to drive the club towards administration, the former Hearts and Dundee executive feels he can no longer stay silent.

In a statement to Mail Sport, Gardiner said he plans to pursue a defamation action against Savage, the Inverness board and unspecified others. 

The time has come to say his piece...

…Staying silent for him is no longer an option.

Funny how the ones leaving often “planned to stay quiet” and “let things move forward”. Then the steady drip of revelations occurs, they realise that they’re being blamed for it all and then scramble to try to “manage” public perception. The great news is this usually backfires in their faces, and threats of a legal action against Savage are likely a quite poor approach, as I suspect he has more legal ability on everyday retainer than Gardiner can possibly hire.

If, as is suggested elsewhere, there’s a kickback somewhere in the Puma deal, this sort of posturing and accusations will certainly make sure it gets splashed all over the place.

Edited by TxRover

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Doesn't defamation need to be false to be a crime?

He would need to prove the statement/s was/were false, that they damaged his reputation and led to a loss of earnings.

I did think Gardiner would claim defamation when I was reading how blistering Savage had been about him.

It seems that Gardiner was undoubtedly incompetent though, so the ‘veritas’ (truth) defence could be used or perhaps even claim it was in the public interest?

End of the day, it’s likely he’s just trying to save face and we’ll hear no more about this or it will be withdrawn with some lame mention about “moving on” and “not engaging” with the situation any longer.