"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

If a club wants to spend money over its income then there's very little the fans of a club can do about it. Folk always say "aye you were happy enough to celebrate the good times" but it's such an unrealistic expectation to say fans should've been questioning it, or even removing support over money being spent on their football team. Even if the Caley fans did question it, the board can rubber ear them or feed them bullshit. 

I imagine most fans of The Caley just want a team on the pitch that is sustainable and competitive. There are a couple of obvious Caley wind up merchants on here that seem to have rattled a number of people, which is causing this gleeful pile on, and I'm fine with that really as that's what these boards are for. But when it comes down to it people who are innocent in this overspend are going to lose their jobs and I don't think there's much joy to be taken from that. 

2 hours ago, RiG said:

This is obviously terrible news and I feel for people who will lose their jobs and local businesses who won't get money they are owed. 

On the flip side this lessens the chance of Gardiner getting his money back so every cloud and all that. 

I agree with both of these things - it is shit and has real life consequences that put people in really tough situations. 

Also at the same time it is Pie and Bovril… not to be taken too seriously.

Been an interesting catch up there - in all seriousness it will be really interesting to see how this affects the league and Caley as a team this season and as a club going forward. 

Nobody has yet answered my question about VAT and ownership of the stadium. VAT liability is treated as a preferential creditor and so, where there are fungible assets, they never do a deal. It doesn’t matter if the pie supplier will take 10, 50 or even 90p in the pound, the VAT man never agrees to a CVA. 

Here guys if you ever get to see your club have success & lift sliverware make sure your club spends within it's means otherwise you can't celebrate. You got to stay at home, be a boring c**t & lecture other fans over what their club spends money on. 

Just giving you all the heads up. 

9 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Here's a summary for those who would like to break free from their chronic obsession with The Caley: we'll go into admin and be out within three months - strengthened - under the full control of Mr. Savage. Feel free to log off now.

So basically you cheated to get in this position in the first place and you’ll come out of it stronger by cheating the creditors?

Seems like Scot Gardiner is a good fit for you guys because it all sounds a bit Rangersy.

33 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Nobody has yet answered my question about VAT and ownership of the stadium. VAT liability is treated as a preferential creditor and so, where there are fungible assets, they never do a deal. It doesn’t matter if the pie supplier will take 10, 50 or even 90p in the pound, the VAT man never agrees to a CVA. 

We own the stands but not the ground it sits on. That’s on a lease from the council but I don’t even know if we own the company that leases the ground anymore tbh, it’s a total mess of who owns what.

There was a £600k figure quoted about HMRC but I can’t remember if that was a debtor or creditor and it could have been sorted already.

The vast majority of the debt is it ex directors.

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

I'm sure Alan Savage had paid off what was owed to hmrc before the puma bills came out. The vast majority is owed to the former board in loans. Only 600000. Not being to them.

But £3 million owed to former chairman Ross Morrison and 400000 between David Cameron and Alan Munro. Who had said they were going to write off those debts not too long ago. Then moving on to talk of exchange for equity.

Id happily see none of them involved with the club ever again. I think the majority of support for admin is hoping they all disappear for good 

18 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Think everyone needs to realise Duncan “Big Dunc” Ferguson lives in a different reality to the rest of us. 

In his mind we’re actually still unbeaten this season (apart from those games we lost) and we’ve got the best defensive record in the country (we don’t). 

Results on astro don't count.

7 hours ago, PB1994 said:

We own the stands but not the ground it sits on. That’s on a lease from the council but I don’t even know if we own the company that leases the ground anymore tbh, it’s a total mess of who owns what.

There was a £600k figure quoted about HMRC but I can’t remember if that was a debtor or creditor and it could have been sorted already.

The vast majority of the debt is it ex directors.

Might just about scape through this. Creditors holding 75% of the debt need to vote in favour of the CVA so if the revenue is due £600k you need  creditors owed at least £1.8M to agree to a deal. The fact that you don’t own the ground and the stands are worth hee haw is a big advantage. 

'Spending beyond their means', eh? I hope the Lichtie ultras and their allies can point out the big-ticket players ICT have hurled millions at and paid over the odds.

In fact, the club has tend to go for frees and Bosmans in the CostCutters of football. The big question is where the money has actually gone and the directors over the last ten years - all of them - are the only ones who can answer it.

Yes, money is owed to many of them - but why? How did it happen?