"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

4 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Good to hear that the administrators expect the process to take weeks rather than months. Hopefully we're out by the new year. Reports of the death of The Caley have been greatly exaggerated.

Have you not learnt anything since your last similar statement spectacularly backfired? 

1 minute ago, Spyro said:

Have you not learnt anything since your last similar statement spectacularly backfired? 

Hopefully you're aware that my posts on pieandbovril.com don't actually influence the real world circumstances of the club.

5 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Listen to what James Stephen one of the administrators has to say, all very positive so early.

What would you prefer we do when we hear good news coming from administration.

3 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Hopefully you're aware that my posts on pieandbovril.com don't actually influence the real world circumstances of the club.

They still make you look like an arrogant tit when they backfire and don't exactly come across very well to people on the outside who are actually concerned about the future of ICT. You're not doing yourself any favours by acting like a smug dick considering the absolute state your club have got themselves into

1 minute ago, SandyCromarty said:

Listen to what James Stephen one of the administrators has to say, all very positive so early.

What would you prefer we do when we hear good news coming from administration.

Its his job to be positive, if the guy trying to sell is all doom and gloom it's not going to end well

Just now, Spyro said:

They still make you look like an arrogant tit when they backfire and don't exactly come across very well to people on the outside who are actually concerned about the future of ICT. You're not doing yourself any favours by acting like a smug dick considering the absolute state your club have got themselves into

Imagine caring about looking like a tit on an internet forum. If it's a crime to be optimistic about The Caley, then I'm guilty as charged. 

4 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Imagine caring about looking like a tit on an internet forum. If it's a crime to be optimistic about The Caley, then I'm guilty as charged. 

Tbf you aren't the worst (Sandy and Tarmo are brutal for it), but you need to understand that there is a line where optimism and humility meet. I want the Caley to pull through this mess as much as anyone, but now isn't the time for your supporters to be acting smug and taking the moral high-ground on other clubs' supporters. We have a right to rip the piss out of your bonfire of a club (that's football) and you would be doing yourselves a favour by leaning into it and laughing rather than coming across they way some of you are. 

Two days into administration.

Alan Savage has ensured committed funds are available for the rest of the season.

Five players released.

All staff retained.

Three interested buyers.

Savage has requested Highland and Islands Enterprise and Highland Council to get involved.

6 hours ago, Passionate said:

What has Savage actually done apart from ride into town on the back of a white charger,    am I right in saying that , when he came in, he agreed with  directors to waive monies owed to aid the club,    will these be the same directors who have probably sent details of monies owed to the administrator recorded delivery,...to me their is a lot of smoke and mirrors.

If they want to support the Club, they should get their “claims” in as promptly as possible. Any absent debts, etc, would only potentially delay the Admin process, and a claim lodged does not mean that the same creditor cannot waive a claim to that debt in the process. In fact, it’s probably advantageous, in a tax sense, for the debt to be handled within the wrapper of the Administration.

Cautiously optimistic for the first time in what feels like forever.

Brooks could have done a job I felt if given a run in the team so a shame to see him go but if his wages are what folk say they are then it’s understandable.

The main event of our soap opera I fear is still to come when the administrators get into the nitty gritty of the deals with Morrison and Munro. That could be what ends up dragging this shite into months not weeks.

6 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Tbf you aren't the worst (Sandy and Tarmo are brutal for it), but you need to understand that there is a line where optimism and humility meet. I want the Caley to pull through this mess as much as anyone, but now isn't the time for your supporters to be acting smug and taking the moral high-ground on other clubs' supporters. We have a right to rip the piss out of your bonfire of a club (that's football) and you would be doing yourselves a favour by leaning into it and laughing rather than coming across they way some of you are. 

That's up there with the most condescending shite I've ever read, but thanks. 

14 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Two days into administration.

Alan Savage has ensured committed funds are available for the rest of the season.

Five players released.

All staff retained.

Three interested buyers.

Savage has requested Highland and Islands Enterprise and Highland Council to get involved.

Never want anyone to lose their jobs. But good to see the staff being kept on. Unfortunate for the players but you’d think more easier for them to find new clubs than the tea lady or the ticket office staff to find a job 

7 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

That's up there with the most condescending shite I've ever read, but thanks. 

Aye because that's the attitude that will fill up the biscuit tin you'll be rattling around the away fans (again) in an attempt to keep the lights on

Yeah Savage has done sweet f**k all he's only just put in nearly half a million of his own money into the club & has helped stabilise things. 

That week he came into the club we were heading into Administration with Scot Gardiner & Panos Thomas still at the healm that would've been 100% a disaster. Liquidation would've been inevitable 

Savage in a matter of 2 months has helped put the club in a much better place even if we're in administration we've got a chance of getting out of it alive whereas 2-3 months ago there was zero hope especially when that Mkawana came on the scene. 

22 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

HIE? Maybe. The Council are absolutely skint, so I can't see them helping this time.

9 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Aye because that's the attitude that will fill up the biscuit tin you'll be rattling around the away fans (again) in an attempt to keep the lights on

If fans don't want to donate cause they're rattled by Stephen, Tarmo & Sandy on pie and bovril then god help them 🤣