• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• Highland Capital

Positive news. What we need now is  transparent strategy for how any funds would be invested to provide opportunity for return and sustainability. We know there will be need to service debts but beyond that time and planning needs to be undertaken. If this involves an additional board member with credentials in building business and managing funds then it may well be a worthy investment, however we currently appear 'top heavy' at this level with limited returns and I'm not sure I trust those in charge.

The short-term strategy of loans results in paying players (part of full contributions) with no prospect of return wont work for long, there needs a better recruitment strategy than we have seen over the last few years with planning to engage and develop the right talent such that we can get a return on those investments. 

Any cash injections into the club has to work to capitalise on opportunities to increase revenue and footfall through directed investment in the right areas or clear strategy, This must all work to make us better not just for next season but for the future.

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

It's never been explained to me how we are making money from this.

We own the land at fairways. I believe we will be getting money from our, very generous, sponsors for letting them use the land to put up all of these battery storage facilities.

That is my take on it anyway. 

7 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

2 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

We own the land at fairways. I believe we will be getting money from our, very generous, sponsors for letting them use the land to put up all of these battery storage facilities.

That is my take on it anyway. 

I was told it was part of the sponsorship agreement with ILI, that if the battery farm was built, we would get a slice of the cash money.  Basically what you say there.

If only we'd got all the money in during the transfer window, there were surely a few more English centre halves who've never played a minute of full time football that we could've signed.

By the club being in 'partnership' it lends significant weight to the 'community' involvement and benefits of such development rather than just an unconnected corporation looking to rock up and make profits too. Mutual back scratching essentially.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Complete guess but, based on the following from the site selection statement:

The key rights and agreements for this project are all held in the name of ICT Ba2ery Storage Limited which is wholly owned by Inverness Caledonian Thistle Football Club. All proceeds from this venture will go directly to supporting the Club and the community outreach programmes of its largest shareholder; The Inverness Caledonian Thistle Community Development Trust. 

We might make money from the release of stored energy back to the grid at times of peak demand or companies who own energy generators will pay this spin off company linked to the club money to store excess power generated?

Edited by RiG

Intelligent Land Investment Group ?? Based in Hamilton??

Had a look at their glossy website and got a whiff of venture capitalism from the blurb, Brian Wilson Celtic Director and Dr Michael Kelly Celtic, connected historically, both with Bio's on the website.

Companies House accounts last up to Apr 2022, decent total income but not a wow given their website blurb and no shareholders divi's issued.

The club will sell the facility to someone capable of building and operating it and will get a few million in return. £700k has been earmarked to build a new ICTFC Trust facility at the IRA playing fields and the Kart raceway is getting £25k. 

ILI will probably get something as well, and the rest will go on centre halfs.

3 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

The club will sell the facility to someone capable of building and operating it and will get a few million in return. £700k has been earmarked to build a new ICTFC Trust facility at the IRA playing fields and the Kart raceway is getting £25k. 

ILI will probably get something as well, and the rest will go on centre halfs.

I thought ILI were the main players given their expertise in the field, plus the funds received by ILI from Statkraft who have bought ILI's pumped storage scheme in Loch Ness will be used to fund the project.

I don't think anyone on the board of ICT has the knowledge and expertise of renewable green energy projects and the ability to manage such a facility.

Edited by SandyCromarty

This isn’t really a reaction to getting beat today, as Hibs are obviously a much better team but we need to ditch this formation and/or be more direct.

We aren’t going to stay in this division by nicking games by scoring one goal.

We’ve brought in a new defence, when the one we had was okay for the bottom half of the championship and no addressed that actual problem which is going forward.

The players we’ve signed might well be good players but we are still conceding goals and not scoring. Would have been much better off bringing in a few more attacking minded players and if we ended up in loads of 4-3 games etc then so be it.

Things might end up being okay with the group we have but something needs to change.

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

This isn’t really a reaction to getting beat today, as Hibs are obviously a much better team but we need to ditch this formation and/or be more direct.

You probably will, because Dunfermline are in free fall and Arbroath have a large points gap to overhaul.

47 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

We’ve brought in a new defence, when the one we had was okay for the bottom half of the championship and no addressed that actual problem which is going forward.

I can’t wrap my head around it either. The new system tightened up our defence and I don’t believe the new defenders are any better or worse than what we already had. They seem slightly pointless signings currently. 

The formation is ridiculously boring I agree - totally understand it for away matches but not home matches. I was surprised to read on social media some folk claiming things were better under Billy Dodds, they craved for an identity and now we have it.

Wingers please.

29 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

I can’t wrap my head around it either. The new system tightened up our defence and I don’t believe the new defenders are any better or worse than what we already had. They seem slightly pointless signings currently. 

The formation is ridiculously boring I agree - totally understand it for away matches but not home matches. I was surprised to read on social media some folk claiming things were better under Billy Dodds, they craved for an identity and now we have it.

Wingers please.

Those people on social media are obviously talking nonsense. Fergusons record is pretty good for what he took over.

Agree with pretty much everything. Dont mind the formation away from home as it does seem to work. Get to a back 4 at home though. You have to try something different to try and change the results. Problem is we only really have Shaw and Longstaff as wingers and they’ve both been pish.

I don't understand why so much was thrown at the defence in terms of new signings when we seemingly create so little and score so few. Hard not to feel that the wrong areas of the team were strengthened in January.

Bit of a weird one today. All of our centre halves actually look pretty decent but it's asking for trouble - and not good for their confidence - if they're being chopped and changed so regularly. Boyes did not look up for it when he was warming up at half time and it was not much of a surprise to see him sell the second goal. Him and Ujdur are probably rightfully feeling hard done by after being dropped as our defence was never the issue. JCM and Savage did pretty well too, and there was no logic in subbing them off.

The Everton boy didn't really get a sniff - Macgregor looked lively in the 5 minutes he got so would be good to see him starting next week. We're also missing a Carson in the middle of the park - someone who wants to drive forward and beat players. Carragher actually looked the most capable of doing that at times.

Pepple looked like he was wading through treacle for the most part, but maybe being a lone striker isn't his game. Would rather see Brooks get on ahead of him.

We just need to get the ball into the box more often. Dunc's trying to set us up like a mid to lower half EPL team which is pointless at our level.

Edited by Stephen Malkmus