Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

55 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

When I'm late shift she'll normally be lying on the couch when I get in. The irritating (fucking infuriating) thing is that she normally falls asleep and will mute the tv or turn it down to about 2 or 3. I'll then come in and put the tv to a level that I can hear the thing, normally about a 9 or 10. This will then disturb the wee one and she'll moan it's because I've turned the tv up. Numerous times I've told her not to fucking turn it down then and the wee one won't be disturbed.

If he would go to bed rather than fall asleep on the couch I would just put my earphones in and listen to the tv instead but obviously that's pretty antisocial while she's lying there.

The wee one woke up tonight because of it (can you tell), absolutely screaming. She then blamed me and I went absolutely apeshit telling her she never fucking learns: keep the fucking volume and a 9 or a 10.

You need some hearing aids.

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

When I'm late shift she'll normally be lying on the couch when I get in. The irritating (fucking infuriating) thing is that she normally falls asleep and will mute the tv or turn it down to about 2 or 3. I'll then come in and put the tv to a level that I can hear the thing, normally about a 9 or 10. This will then disturb the wee one and she'll moan it's because I've turned the tv up. Numerous times I've told her not to fucking turn it down then and the wee one won't be disturbed.

If he would go to bed rather than fall asleep on the couch I would just put my earphones in and listen to the tv instead but obviously that's pretty antisocial while she's lying there.

The wee one woke up tonight because of it (can you tell), absolutely screaming. She then blamed me and I went absolutely apeshit telling her she never fucking learns: keep the fucking volume and a 9 or a 10.

Why don't you just put earphones in anyway? How can it be anti social if she's already fallen asleep?

You really do moan about some weird things.

Asking if I think of her when having a tug. Aye right hen.

I do think of my Mrs when having a tug as it’s because of her that I no longer have a sex life so chugging is as good as it gets.

You know when you spill a bit of food on your clothes, or like a bit of tomato sauce or that?  Your natural instinct is to try and carefully flick it onto your finger to limit the mess/stain on your jeans or t-shirt or whatever?

Well my missus is the fucking opposite.  She takes her finger and does a massive swipe across the blob of sauce to clean it off,  so that it spreads about half a foot across the piece of clothing, rubbing it in further in the process. 

Fucking idiot that she is.

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Asking if I think of her when having a tug. Aye right hen.

I’ve never been brave enough to admit tuggin in the first place, my denial seems to make her happy 

I’ve never been brave enough to admit tuggin in the first place, my denial seems to make her happy 

That’s a terrible state of affairs to be in, I tell my Mrs when I’m going to do it so she doesn’t walk in.

Why don't you just put earphones in anyway? How can it be anti social if she's already fallen asleep?
You really do moan about some weird things.

Because when I go in she wakes up and watches the tv as well. If I put earphones in she'd be sitting watching the tv with no sound.
It's not bothering her though, it's waking your kid. Stop being a dick.
It only wakes my kid up because of the change in volume, that's my whole grievance! If she had her doze but left the tv at a decent level the wee one would fall asleep anyway and wouldn't be disturbed by a volume change when I got in. Or if she went to bed rather than stay on the couch I would be able to just listen with earphones.

So she watches TV with you, at the original 2 or 3 volume? Which would presumably mean she can hear it at that level. But you can't because you're, apparently, hard of hearing, so you turn it up, knowing full well it'll wake your child, lead to him crying and an argument with your partner?

Stop being a dick.

My wife has had one of her regular high-decibel coughing fits this week so I banished her to sleep in the spare room in the extension. Got a txt from her at 1am just when I was  trying to sleep, claiming she'd heard a noise downstairs, telling me we were being burgled, and wanting me to go down and investigate. So I did, just to shut her up, and naturally she thought the noise I made moving around switching lights on etc was further evidence of the presence of a member of the burgling community.