Work colleagues

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Suppose Adi Dassler might be the most famous of the unimaginative company namers?

I was about to contribute that. His brother Rudi went on to found Puma after WWII, as they fell out over who was the biggest Nazi (IIRC).

Edit: knowing the origin of the Adidas name, I guess that means we've been pronouncing it right this whole time, and the Americans (esp. Run-DMC) are wrong.

Edited by BFTD

Exciting times at work, with (amongst other things) a long-time employee given the bullet for planting spy cameras in the ladies' changing rooms. Even more surprisingly, it wasn't me.

It's the gossip that keeps you going, I swear.

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Suppose Adi Dassler might be the most famous of the unimaginative company namers?

I wouldn't call it unimaginative. He bottled using his real name, Adolf, because of a little Austrian boy. 

6 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Exciting times at work, with (amongst other things) a long-time employee given the bullet for planting spy cameras in the ladies' changing rooms. Even more surprisingly, it wasn't me.

It's the gossip that keeps you going, I swear.

Are you a pundit on the panel to review the footage?

25 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Are you a pundit on the panel to review the footage?

Sorry fella, I can't help with that one.

Did @pccabe not have a desk job with Central Scotland Police?  :whistle

2 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:
2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Please, anyone who's ever been ten years old knows Adidas stands for All Day I Dream About Sex.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
2 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:
Please, anyone who's ever been ten years old knows Adidas stands for All Day I Dream About Sex.

After dinner I did a shit

Those are Rick Ross album tracks

Some of the younger folk in our office are brutal man. We were all that person once, but i think this generation are soft like.

Phones, social media etc seems to have eroded their ability for smalltalk at the printer etc.

That said, i dont see many strong old school type managers to coach/encourage that i benefitted from circa 10 years ago.

2 minutes ago, V.Aye.R said:

Some of the younger folk in our office are brutal man. We were all that person once, but i think this generation are soft like.

Phones, social media etc seems to have eroded their ability for smalltalk at the printer etc.

That said, i dont see many strong old school type managers to coach/encourage that i benefitted from circa 10 years ago.

^^ Posting this while standing beside the printer 

17 hours ago, V.Aye.R said:

^^^ creepy guy that younger folk in his office go out their way to avoid at the printer 

17 hours ago, V.Aye.R said:

They need to be toughened up to work in an office and photocopy documents.