Work colleagues

15 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Started a new job and I'm in charge of a group of six guys. One of said guys thinks he's actually the boss and gets involved in shite he shouldn't. Think I might punch his puss on Monday. 

Hearts new Tennent sixes coach found.

Anyway I’m going in to work to meet some colleagues tomorrow at 11. I’m hoping we’ll be in the boozer by 12.

3 hours ago, Fullerene said:

In the Western Isles, the first son is named after the father's father and the second after the mother's father.  If they are both called Donald then a middle name is useful to tell them apart.

Or, being the Western Isles, if they're the same person...

14 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Aye but, I've always had the impression that this kind of shit is normal. Always melts my mind when I hear about employers allowing their employees to sack off work for family reasons; nobody I've ever worked for would put up with that. My current lot are just sneaky and incompetent - I've worked for some real psychos. Probably explains why every single employer I've ever had went out of business...wouldn't surprise me if the current one goes the same way TBH.

I think it's time to admit that the problem may be me!

3 of the building contractors I worked for went bust. (Out of 5)

One of the professional firms I worked for closed down. Another one was taken over. (Out of 5)

Maybe we're jinxes...

10 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

3 of the building contractors I worked for went bust. (Out of 5)

One of the professional firms I worked for closed down. Another one was taken over. (Out of 5)

Maybe we're jinxes...

I've had to come to terms with the fact that I only appear employable to companies that are freewheeling towards destruction, are absolutely desperate, and have already pissed off enough people in their industry that anyone with common sense knows to stay well away from them.

In my defence, I didn't hear anything bad about the current one until after I joined. Everyone becomes very vocal once they know you're already in the shit  :lol:

3 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Then you absolutely need to go up a level and get your branch investigated and stewards replaced, that is the height of breach of trust.

I can't really say why that's not an option without making it easier to identify who I work for. It's been tried before, by someone who was walking away anyway, and absolutely nothing happened.

The trick appears to be to keep your head down and look for something else. And bitch anonymously on internet forums, obviously  :P

11 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

While we are on names I deal with the general public a lot and the amount of people who are called things like:
Donald McDonald
Steven Stevenson
William Williamson
Edward Edwards
Neil Neilson

I used to know a guy called Alexander Alexander - he was just known as Double Sandy (great  nickname I thought)  This was maybe 40 odd years ago. 

Come to think of it there was a Sandy Alexander in the same village too....so there were Double Double Sandy's..........

2 hours ago, Caledonian1 said:

I used to know a guy called Alexander Alexander - he was just known as Double Sandy (great  nickname I thought)  This was maybe 40 odd years ago. 

Come to think of it there was a Sandy Alexander in the same village too....so there were Double Double Sandy's..........

Say no more...

3 hours ago, Caledonian1 said:

Was he a coach driver? I knew a guy named that, but he always used his middle name and not many people knew about it. If it's not the same guy then there are more c***s around naming bairns than I thought.

I worked with a guy who regularly received emails meant for someone who has the same name but in reverse, ie surname, first name. They got to know each other pretty well.

My surname is also a first name, I used to go to with a lassie with it, if we’d got married she’d have had the same surname and first name.
There's an Allison Allison who works for one of the local authorities I work with. I've never asked, but have assumed she married into the surname rather than being born with it.

Its not really the same but my old teacher was called Miss Barber, and married someone called Mr Hair.

Apparently theres someone in Perth & Kinross whos given their 3 children middle names of the Greek Gods. Oldests middle name is Zeus, middle is Posiedon, and I cant remember the 3rd.

On 05/09/2020 at 14:25, ICTChris said:

I worked with a guy who regularly received emails meant for someone who has the same name but in reverse, ie surname, first name. They got to know each other pretty well.

My surname is also a first name, I used to go to with a lassie with it, if we’d got married she’d have had the same surname and first name.

Yeah, I know a Stewart Campbell and a Campbell Stewart...I always have that mament of indecision when I run into one of them what way round this particular one's names are.

Years back, I briefly went out with a girl whose first name was a near-homophone of mine...every lassie both of us knew seemed to think it was too cute for words...

"This isn't really working out..."

"It's the names thing, eh?"

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its not really the same but my old teacher was called Miss Barber, and married someone called Mr Hair.

Apparently theres someone in Perth & Kinross whos given their 3 children middle names of the Greek Gods. Oldests middle name is Zeus, middle is Posiedon, and I cant remember the 3rd.

The first two are nearly passable, but I don't think much of that one.

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig

2 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

Yeah, I know a Stewart Campbell and a Campbell Stewart...I always have that mament of indecision when I run into one of them what way round this particular one's names are.

Years back, I briefly went out with a girl whose first name was a near-homophone of mine...every lassie both of us knew seemed to think it was too cute for words...

"This isn't really working out..."

"It's the names thing, eh?"

I once dated a girl who had the same first name as me. To this day she is still the only girl I've ever met call Brian. 

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Lethe?

I had no idea this c**t stayed in Scotland tbh.