Work colleagues

17 hours ago, Rugster said:

It’s more detailed than a guy I used to work with. He would just put “out of office” on his and nothing else. 

A former Morton employee once had their out of office simply say "running away..." This was an external email address, so fans and other businesses were getting that reply :lol:

I'm on a online training course and the person taking the course has already said "It does exactly what it says on the tin" THREE times in 20 minutes. I'm now trying to see if I can change my name in the list of attendees to Ron Seal.

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

2 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

WHAT'S THAT YOU'RE READING? A NOVEL? IS THAT FOREIGN? I DON'T LIKE BOOKS I COULDN'T TELL YOU THE LAST TIME I READ A BOOK. OH IT'S OK DON'T PUT IT AWAY. YOU'RE SURE? DID ANYONE WATCH STRICTLY LAST NIGHT?

I was reading a book on the bus once and these two guys started asking me if I enjoyed reading and if so there was a very good book they could recommend.

Fucking Jehovah's Witnesses.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

A former Morton employee once had their out of office simply say "running away..." This was an external email address, so fans and other businesses were getting that reply :lol:

I got pulled up for saying I might not be back if something better turned up.

3 hours ago, GordonD said:

I was reading a book on the bus once and these two guys started asking me if I enjoyed reading and if so there was a very good book they could recommend.

Fucking Jehovah's Witnesses.

When Is It Acceptable To Physically Assault Someone thread for this pish. 

6 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Haha, are you me?! One of my oldest memories is digging peat in Shetland with my grandad, dad and my older brother. Was a brilliant day and must only have been a couple of years on from your story! My grandad and grandmother lived in Aith. Sadly he died in, I think, 1991, and my grandmother died in 2014. She continued to live in Aith until she lost a leg, then had to move to a council flat with the relevant amenities in Lerwick.

They're both buried in the cemetery in Aith, right next to each other. They left room on his headstone for her.

With my old man terminal I might need to discuss his plans. Would be nice if he could be fired in next to them.

My dad was born in Glasgow (as were his two younger brothers) but they all moved back to Shetland when he was younger. He lived there for a few years before they moved back down to Glasgow. Not sure of the chronology so will need to ask him about it. He joined the navy and at some point the others went back up to Shetland, for good this time. The middle brother still lives there and has kids and, just recently, grandkids there. Only one of his kids moved south. The other brother lived there for a while before going a bit mental and running away to Canada because he thought his brother (not my dad, the other one), had hired a hitman to kill him. Was a tad awkward at my gran's funeral. His kids all moved south as soon as they could to go to university in Edinburgh and two of them now live in England, although the other moved back up last year. He (my dad's brother) is a grandad now as well. He's calmed down in recent years after the funeral and his subsequent deportation from Canada.

Could you perhaps flesh this out a wee bit?

7 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

My dad was born in Glasgow (as were his two younger brothers) but they all moved back to Shetland when he was younger. He lived there for a few years before they moved back down to Glasgow. Not sure of the chronology so will need to ask him about it. He joined the navy and at some point the others went back up to Shetland, for good this time. The middle brother still lives there and has kids and, just recently, grandkids there. Only one of his kids moved south. The other brother lived there for a while before going a bit mental and running away to Canada because he thought his brother (not my dad, the other one), had hired a hitman to kill him. Was a tad awkward at my gran's funeral. His kids all moved south as soon as they could to go to university in Edinburgh and two of them now live in England, although the other moved back up last year. He (my dad's brother) is a grandad now as well. He's calmed down in recent years after the funeral and his subsequent deportation from Canada.

soap-1_3090688k.jpg?imwidth=450

52 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Could you perhaps flesh this out a wee bit?

He's back in touch with his kids (well most of them) and now in touch with his grandkids (again, most of them), all of which happened around the funeral. This seems to have calmed him down a bit, although not sure about his stance on the hitman.

He was living in Canada past his visa and got found out and got the punt. He was living with his daughter for a bit in England. Think he's got his own place down there now.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

He's back in touch with his kids (well most of them) and now in touch with his grandkids (again, most of them), all of which happened around the funeral. This seems to have calmed him down a bit, although not sure about his stance on the hitman.

He was living in Canada past his visa and got found out and got the punt. He was living with his daughter for a bit in England. Think he's got his own place down there now.

Not as dramatic as I was hoping for, but thanks anyway.

8 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

WHAT'S THAT YOU'RE READING? A NOVEL? IS THAT FOREIGN? I DON'T LIKE BOOKS I COULDN'T TELL YOU THE LAST TIME I READ A BOOK. OH IT'S OK DON'T PUT IT AWAY. YOU'RE SURE? DID ANYONE WATCH STRICTLY LAST NIGHT?

When you make a point of turning the page, but they still insist on talking inane p*sh at you!

38 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

closely allied to reluctantly taking your earphones out, listening to what they say, going ah ok, putting earphones back in and they say something else.

I used to stubbornly not remove my headphones for anybody, until one day a guy actually tapped my shoulder and said " the fire alarm's going off, we have to get out "