Work colleagues

41 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

closely allied to reluctantly taking your earphones out, listening to what they say, going ah ok, putting earphones back in and they say something else.

Like at your desk when you think the conversation has finished and return to what you were doing, but realise after a while they are still there.

10 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Looks like we got ourselves a reader!

emoji38.png

"...I guess I read for a lot of reasons, but the main one is so I don't end up being a fucking waffle waitress..."

That line reminds me why I think Bill Hicks is a c**t. What a fucking nasty snob!

"...I guess I read for a lot of reasons, but the main one is so I don't end up being a fucking waffle waitress..."
That line reminds me why I think Bill Hicks is a c**t. What a fucking nasty snob!
That line was in bad taste but in general he was amazing.
Tbf he was minding his own business.

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

That line was in bad taste but in general he was amazing.
Tbf he was minding his own business.

One of the things that really enrages me is snobbery. If it was an impromptu remark I could maybe understand it, but this is a rehearsed routine, and yet he's not thought to himself, "hang on a minute, that's a bit of a cunty statement to make!"

I wouldn't mind if he was just an unrepentant c**t, like Jerry Sadowitz, but I got the impression he considered himself to be virtuous, which makes him a hypocrite, too. 

One of the things that really enrages me is snobbery. If it was an impromptu remark I could maybe understand it, but this is a rehearsed routine, and yet he's not thought to himself, "hang on a minute, that's a bit of a cunty statement to make!"
I wouldn't mind if he was just an unrepentant c**t, like Jerry Sadowitz, but I got the impression he considered himself to be virtuous, which makes him a hypocrite, too. 
You've got a point, he really didn't give a f**k about anyone really and just called out whatever if he thought it was shit.
That was part of his appeal for me and he was alot less non pc than the majority of uk stand ups from the time.
Eddie Murphy who did the most revered routines ever ripped into gays, aids etc.
I guess everything and everyone pre 2020 is utterly offensive and should be banned.
I feel like Wesley snipes in demolition man these days just for laughing at a joke.
Don't like it dont watch it.

31 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

You've got a point, he really didn't give a f**k about anyone really and just called out whatever if he thought it was shit.
That was part of his appeal for me and he was alot less non pc than the majority of uk stand ups from the time.
I guess everything and everyone pre 2020 is utterly offensive and should be banned.
I feel like Wesley snipes in demolition man these days just for laughing at a joke.

I've paid to see Jerry Sadowitz twice, and he's shockingly un-PC. I'm all for offensive humour, but the difference is Bill Hicks means what he says about the waitress, whilst Sadowitz is just as outrageous as he can possibly be.

9 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Yes, if only folk would 'rip in to gays' more. Hilarious! 

No idea what absolute pish you're on about with your stuff about everything being banned and feeling like Wesley Snipes in Demolition Man. 

That's beyond hyperbolic hysteria. Absolute and utter pish. Why are you saying such garbage?

9 hours ago, Ralstonite said:

When I left school my thoughts were "I'm getting myself a trade because I'll be fucked if I'm working in a bar". It didn't mean I thought all bar workers were useless c***s.

31 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Yes, if only folk would 'rip in to gays' more. Hilarious! 

No idea what absolute pish you're on about with your stuff about everything being banned and feeling like Wesley Snipes in Demolition Man. 

That's beyond hyperbolic hysteria. Absolute and utter pish. Why are you saying such garbage?

I mean that people are getting offended too easily these days and also bill hicks was less offensive than most when he was doing his routines.

Eddie Murphy raw and delirious was regarded as hilarious and contained some nasty stuff but at the time most people just knew it was offensive and that was why it was rated 18. Not saying I thought the gay stuff was funny or funnier than anything else. Mr T as a gay guy was good but some other stuff was over the top. I think you’ve shown a hysterical reaction tbh. All of this because of one clip on a video ffs.

8 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I mean that people are getting offended too easily these days and also bill hicks was less offensive than most when he was doing his routines.

Eddie Murphy raw and delirious was regarded as hilarious and contained some nasty stuff but at the time most people just knew it was offensive and that was why it was rated 18. Not saying I thought the gay stuff was funny or funnier than anything else. Mr T as a gay guy was good but some other stuff was over the top. I think you’ve shown a hysterical reaction tbh. All of this because of one clip on a video ffs.

No, I'm not the one who claims to feel like a criminal in a future sanitised fantasy world just for laughing at a joke, nor have I expressed offence. Your 'argument' is simply saying back the same thing to me. That's primary school level of debate there.

I don't know the 'Mr T as a gay guy sketch' but you're the one who mentioned 'ripping in to gays', with the inference being that it was somehow hilarious.

What video clip are you on about?

Edited by DA Baracus

No, I'm not the one who claims to feel like a criminal in a future sanitised fantasy world just for laughing at a joke, nor have I expressed offence. Your 'argument' is simply saying back the same thing to me. That's primary school level of debate there.
I don't know the 'Mr T as a gay guy sketch' but you're the one who mentioned 'ripping in to gays', with the inference being that it was somehow hilarious.
I think you've misunderstood the comments and not realised that my comment came from someone being offended by the looks like we got ourselves a reader clip. Dont want to drag it off topic and maybe just calm down a bit.

17 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
24 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I think you've misunderstood the comments and not realised that my comment came from someone being offended by the looks like we got ourselves a reader clip. Dont want to drag it off topic and maybe just calm down a bit.

Ah, now you're using 'calm down', implying that I'm irrationally angry and trying to discredit what I'm saying rather than any meaningful debate.

Poor.

5 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I started watching one of the Eddie Murphy shows on Netflix a few months ago.  I'd watched them years ago when I was younger and remember thinking they were hilarious.  I was a bit taken aback when he almost immediately launches into a bit about "faggots". 

Does he not like pork? 

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

When I left school my thoughts were "I'm getting myself a trade because I'll be fucked if I'm working in a bar". It didn't mean I thought all bar workers were useless c***s.

Aye, but he's clearly being derisive, like he thinks waffle waitresses are beneath him. He was being snobbish.