Work colleagues

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Last year I was sent to Japan for some training and just before I went a new cleaner had started in here. She's a lovely woman from Portugal and we'd had a few discussions when she was in cleaning, telling me about her family and stuff. Anyway, I went to Japan for 2 weeks and when I came back the first thing she shouted at me was "JAPANESE!". I was a bit confused as to what she meant, like if she wanted me to say something in Japanese or something, but clarified that someone had told her I'd been to Japan and it's somewhere she'd always wanted to go, and thus she has now decided my name is Japanese. Every morning since then it's been "Hey Japanese!" when she sees me. At first I found it a bit funny, but that's been over a year now and it's starting to grate a wee bit. She's just really happy all the time and I think I'd feel bad if I got serious over what is just a nickname, but I really would rather she just used my actual name.

I've left it too late to do this though, haven't I?

Disappointed she doesn't greet you every morning with Chinese, Japanese, dirty knees and look at these while pulling out her jumper in the tit area. She's missed a trick there. 

Edited by Dee Man

Last year I was sent to Japan for some training and just before I went a new cleaner had started in here. She's a lovely woman from Portugal and we'd had a few discussions when she was in cleaning, telling me about her family and stuff. Anyway, I went to Japan for 2 weeks and when I came back the first thing she shouted at me was "JAPANESE!". I was a bit confused as to what she meant, like if she wanted me to say something in Japanese or something, but clarified that someone had told her I'd been to Japan and it's somewhere she'd always wanted to go, and thus she has now decided my name is Japanese. Every morning since then it's been "Hey Japanese!" when she sees me. At first I found it a bit funny, but that's been over a year now and it's starting to grate a wee bit. She's just really happy all the time and I think I'd feel bad if I got serious over what is just a nickname, but I really would rather she just used my actual name.
Reply with hey Portuguese

You work at a factory that uses widgets in the goods the company makes. Widgets cost £1 each, but you can order them in bulk for 10p each if you buy 100,000 at a time, which is about a year's supply for your organisation.

Other than imminent financial collapse, why would upper management insist on buying a week's supply at a time at the higher price?

Just now, BigFatTabbyDave said:

You work at a factory that uses widgets in the goods the company makes. Widgets cost £1 each, but you can order them in bulk for 10p each if you buy 100,000 at a time, which is about a year's supply for your organisation.

Other than imminent financial collapse, why would upper management insist on buying a week's supply at a time at the higher price?

I know the guy that invented the widget.  A friend of mine's dad is very friendly with him.  Well he was anyway, he's deid now.  Shame.  Same guy invented the LCD display, no shit.  Old Scottish guy, loaded.

14 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

What was it like getting sent over on the company £££ anyhow?

Loved it. Good hotel in a great wee place (Tennoji in Osaka). I was given advice of a great wee boozer that had happy hour from 5pm-7pm, did good food and live music, got to know the barman quite well and made a couple of friends I still talk to now. Company took me out for a few dinners but largely let me crack on myself. Went on a wee temple tour for a day too, paid for that myself but it was well worth it. Tennoji and Osaka and general is extremely cool. Training/working was fairly pish though, I'd love to go back in my own time. 

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Are you sure your nickname isn't "Turning Japanese"?

Spoiler

I really think so, I really think so

You've turned Japanese, she really thinks so.

Some ideas:

Because they don't have storage for that volume.
The widgets will corrode over that length of time.
The company are planning on changing the design of their goods shortly which will require a different widget.
Is some weird budgetary thing where if they don't spend lots of money soon they'll get less next year.
For some other dodgy tax/accounting reason.
Imminent financial collapse.