Work colleagues

Not a colleague but our office shares toilets with other offices on our floor and some of them are, quite frankly, disgusting. I was drying my hands today when a guy came in on his phone, walked up to one of the urinals and started to unzip. I then left but whoever he was on to was about to hear some interesting background noises.

26 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

The owner of the company enjoys making monthly reports and adding clip are etc. into them.

This is a hot take from this months report :

IMG_20200930_212344.thumb.jpg.377814d5b397169c63b0e96672a78a49.jpg

p***k. 

Utter cnut but I'm intrigued in regard as to what would be ordered.

Who do you work for? Burnham-Goode, the world's leading supplier of cremation equipment?

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Not a colleague but our office shares toilets with other offices on our floor and some of them are, quite frankly, disgusting. I was drying my hands today when a guy came in on his phone, walked up to one of the urinals and started to unzip. I then left but whoever he was on to was about to hear some interesting background noises.

Handy that office setup as you can get a regular quickie on work time without the awkwardness of having to meet the husband at your work’s Christmas lunch.

Most places set aside 5 at Christmas and 3 at New Year. He's getting 10 days. Pretty shit they're using up a third of his years holidays for this one but it's a decent length of time off. 

To be fair, i like having two weeks off at that time. It is the only time i can take two weeks off without coming back to a shit show.

Sounds like it might get changed. I pointed out to senior management all our major suppliers go back on the tuesday and some of clients go back on tuesday or later so seems pointless to bring site guys back when they cant get materials

55 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

In a good way?

Or did you have a fuckin flakey over that dickhead's note?

In a good-ish way. There's an application ongoing in the background still but I was offered a new job which seems fun and I'll get to see a helluva lot of Scotland but not a job for life. I'll be taking the chance at any resulting meeting from here on out to make my feelings abundantly clear. 

50 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Send that screenshot to the tabloids as well and make yourself a wee leaving bonus.

He was in the local paper a few months back about how he's saved the company and is getting messages daily from others in the market and so much encouragement. I reckon it would do quite a bit of damage to the company but he's very lucky I've a few really good friends there. 

45 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

Best of luck with whatever comes next 🥊

Thanks mate. 

Last year I was sent to Japan for some training and just before I went a new cleaner had started in here. She's a lovely woman from Portugal and we'd had a few discussions when she was in cleaning, telling me about her family and stuff. Anyway, I went to Japan for 2 weeks and when I came back the first thing she shouted at me was "JAPANESE!". I was a bit confused as to what she meant, like if she wanted me to say something in Japanese or something, but clarified that someone had told her I'd been to Japan and it's somewhere she'd always wanted to go, and thus she has now decided my name is Japanese. Every morning since then it's been "Hey Japanese!" when she sees me. At first I found it a bit funny, but that's been over a year now and it's starting to grate a wee bit. She's just really happy all the time and I think I'd feel bad if I got serious over what is just a nickname, but I really would rather she just used my actual name.

I've left it too late to do this though, haven't I?

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Last year I was sent to Japan for some training and just before I went a new cleaner had started in here. She's a lovely woman from Portugal and we'd had a few discussions when she was in cleaning, telling me about her family and stuff. Anyway, I went to Japan for 2 weeks and when I came back the first thing she shouted at me was "JAPANESE!". I was a bit confused as to what she meant, like if she wanted me to say something in Japanese or something, but clarified that someone had told her I'd been to Japan and it's somewhere she'd always wanted to go, and thus she has now decided my name is Japanese. Every morning since then it's been "Hey Japanese!" when she sees me. At first I found it a bit funny, but that's been over a year now and it's starting to grate a wee bit. She's just really happy all the time and I think I'd feel bad if I got serious over what is just a nickname, but I really would rather she just used my actual name.

I've left it too late to do this though, haven't I?

Ah so!