Work colleagues

16 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Away and send him on an errand to Screwfix for a pair of fallopian tubes.

I informed him he will have to prepare for his manager (my mate from Dundee) being sat down and asked questions of and the scene being replayed.

He said I don't get what he means.

I said, I know. I don't. Can you explain.

"Well, I like onions. I wouldn't eat a single onion ring though".

I've genuinely no idea if it's an act or not. 

55 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

I informed him he will have to prepare for his manager (my mate from Dundee) being sat down and asked questions of and the scene being replayed.

He said I don't get what he means.

I said, I know. I don't. Can you explain.

"Well, I like onions. I wouldn't eat a single onion ring though".

I've genuinely no idea if it's an act or not. 

Its an act. Dazzle camoflage. You've got no idea what to do with any of this, and he's probably not doing any work whilst you attempt to unpack it all.

Not quite a work colleague but someone a client hired as an apprentice roofer recently. The guy had a few choice incidents during his short time as a apprentice. His highlights included while being asked to hold the ladder while the qualified roofer worked on a roof the customer phoned his boss to report that instead of holding the ladder he was lying on the grass on his phone. He also phoned his mum to pick him up over the summer cos it was too hot to work and phoned in the next day saying it was supposed to be hot again so he wouldn't be in! His crowning glory was asking his boss how long his 3 month trial was and what sort of pay rise he would get after that time had passed. Needless to say he didn't get kept on! Our client also worded an advert for a new apprentice to the effect that if you can't keep off your phone don't bother applying. 

2 hours ago, greendot said:

Our client also worded an advert for a new apprentice to the effect that if you can't keep off your phone don't bother applying. 

My daughter is working with a guy who's on a three month trial and who is permanently on his phone claiming he's too busy to do what he's told to do. He won't last.

The place I done my school work experience at had an apprentice , daft as a brush , who would fall for everything, sent for a big weight , tartan paint , new bubble for a spirit level the lot . When I was there the foreman sent him for a tin of scotch mist to take the piss out of him in front of the school kid.  The look on his face when the boy came back happily swinging a bucket with white steam billowing out and a big grin on his face was priceless.  The stores guys had taken pity on him and poured some liquid nitrogen into a bucket for him.  

1 hour ago, Lofarl said:

I got sent to the storeroom as an apprentice to ask for an inebriated screw.

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

We've all had one of them.  

If you're very lucky the right person will take you there and give you one.

On 11/12/2023 at 16:00, scottsdad said:

Two clangers for me today. 

In one, going through accreditation, a recommendation was made about my course. I disagreed with this a couple of months ago and replied to our internal guy who is collating all this saying something along the lines that this is nonsense and they (the accreditors) don't have any clue what they're talking about. 

The exact working of my email ended up in the official response that went to them today. I didn't see it until after it had been sent in. 

It's all kicking off. Someone, somewhere, has fucked up royally. 

The Prof has spotted that the info sent in about his course is all incorrect. The handbook sent in isn't the one he wrote. In addition, under "course textbook" is listed "None" when in fact the whole course is based on a book he wrote. He's raging. Utterly raging that such a monumental f**k-up happened.  He wants to know who did this. 

So I checked my course and a similar thing happened. Someone made a "handbook" that is 2 pages long, full of spelling mistakes. My actual handbook is 17 pages long. Of my 8 Learning Objectives, only 3 are listed. 

Honestly, we're overrun by fuckwits. 

We've requested that the submission be withdrawn immediately. 

^^^^ Of course, no-one will be taken to task over these incompetent fvckups.  Heads should roll.  From all of the stuff you've posted over the years, your institution / dept. appears to be run by irresponsible fools.

Genuinely surprised that neither you nor His Profness can't identify the individual(s) involved and get something done about this shambles.

2 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

^^^^ Of course, no-one will be taken to task over these incompetent fvckups.  Heads should roll.  From all of the stuff you've posted over the years, your institution / dept. appears to be run by irresponsible fools.

Genuinely surprised that neither you nor His Profness can't identify the individual(s) involved and get something done about this shambles.

The Prof has contacted the Principal now. He is raging. 

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

The Prof has spotted that the info sent in about his course is all incorrect. The handbook sent in isn't the one he wrote. In addition, under "course textbook" is listed "None" when in fact the whole course is based on a book he wrote. He's raging. Utterly raging that such a monumental f**k-up happened.  He wants to know who did this. 

So I checked my course and a similar thing happened. Someone made a "handbook" that is 2 pages long, full of spelling mistakes. My actual handbook is 17 pages long. Of my 8 Learning Objectives, only 3 are listed. 

That goes beyond incompetence, surely?

5 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Admin rule the world, and if it isn’t admin it’ll be some arse-licking wee c**t trying to climb the ladder.

18 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Apropos of nothing: A while back, my team had to submit CVs for a project which had to be in the work’s own template/style (which was a mess, but that’s a by-the-by). They had a strict deadline and when that one guy didn’t do his, I wrote one for him and it got submitted along with the others.

He was fucking raging but a deadline is a deadline.

As I said, apropos of nothing as I’m sure your stuff was all in on time. :) 

Edited by mathematics