Aspirations

Where you would like to be in 5/10/20 years?

I've always wanted to get an acre or 2 of land somewhere fairly remote, grow some fruit and vegetables, raise some chickens, maybe get a cute baby pig, shoot random stuff and let humanity get on with being a bunch of wanks.
I have no idea how to do any of that but there we are.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have next to no ambition in life and just want a job that doesn't destroy my soul for the next 25 years so i can pay off my mortgage and maybe save a little bit so i can put my feet up for a few years before i die in what is likely to be an undignified manner.

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

I've always wanted to get an acre or 2 of land somewhere fairly remote, grow some fruit and vegetables, raise some chickens, maybe get a cute baby pig, shoot random stuff and let humanity get on with being a bunch of wanks.
I have no idea how to do any of that but there we are.

Move to the Appalachians, don't forget to buy a banjo, a 3 string fiddle and a clay pipe.

Any reason you picked that particular date? Thinking of starting a micro brewery in my garden but it probably won't happen due to me being a lazy bas and no time or money.

4 hours ago, throbber said:

I have next to no ambition in life and just want a job that doesn't destroy my soul for the next 25 years so i can pay off my mortgage and maybe save a little bit so i can put my feet up for a few years before i die in what is likely to be an undignified manner.

Preach it sister.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Have some standards for your meltdown FFS. Bit of pride.

Look at Kincardine for example. In the past few days he has well and truly lost his shit, yet he still uses words like 'chagrin'. I dont even know what a chagrin is.

It's probably 'Milton Keynes' slang for chewing gum.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Have some standards for your meltdown FFS. Bit of pride.

Look at Kincardine for example. In the past few days he has well and truly lost his shit, yet he still uses words like 'chagrin'. I dont even know what a chagrin is.

a secret lemonade drinker apparently

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2151045/Its-40-years-ice-The-Secret-Lemonade-Drinker-advert-remade-ice-lolly.html

(i fee dirty for posting a link to the Daily Heil...)

I figure in twenty years the mortgage will be paid off, the wean will be independent, and the wife will be sick of me, so I can cark it without guilt. I've been looking forward to it for the last twenty years, so surely I'll be due a treat by then, God help me.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Anyway, I have a major hardon for getting rid of my mortgage. I hope to have done so before amI am 40 so that gives me 9 years. It will be a push but I can do it ai think.

After that, I would really like to get a job that doesnt involve working away from home as I miss my family and with no mortgage, I would hope I will have more flexibility to do this. Those are my biggest goals.

Do you work offshore? I think as pals we should know this about each other. 

Na mate non-renewables. Part of the reason I would like to get out of it. Oil and gas.

Plus its full of wankers.

I was just wondering why you were working in Shetland for a few spells.

Every Industry is full of wankers, most people are absolute shitcunts.

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Anyway, I have a major hardon for getting rid of my mortgage. I hope to have done so before amI am 40 so that gives me 9 years. It will be a push but I can do it ai think.

After that, I would really like to get a job that doesnt involve working away from home as I miss my family and with no mortgage, I would hope I will have more flexibility to do this. Those are my biggest goals.

Will your kids probably have left home in 9 years coincidentally?

Archived