Weekend Betting

Slacker

6 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Bet365 are offering 10/1 for Goodwillie as first goalscorer tomorrow and 3.75 to score anytime. I fully expect Motherwell to hammer us but both seem a little overpriced.

On their bet builder Goodwillie to score and Motherwell to win is 9/2 which I like the look of. Add Main or Sammon to score and its 9s which looks not bad either.

Noticed McNiff anytime is 33/1 which might be worth a throwaway couple of quid :lol: 

Edited by C. Muir

Goodwillie to score and Motherwell to win.

Morton -1, Dunfermline -1, Livi -1, Thistle-Ayr btts acca.

Morton -2, Cadden anytime, Shankland anytime. Patent. 

Bet builder 1 - Sammon to score, Clyde over 1 corner, Motherwell over 5 corners, Clyde over 1 card, Motherwell over 0 cards.

Bet builder 2 - Goodwillie and Main to score, Motherwell over 2 goals, both teams combined over 4 cards.

Edited by C. Muir

32 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:

Sky bet giving 8/1 for an Airdrie win today and 4/1 for the draw. Decent value in the draw

I came on here precisely to say that.  Anything 4/1 or above on Hamilton-Airdrie DRAW looks like value.  I also got £10 matched at 11/1 on the betfair exchange on Airdrie to win.

Elsewhere I like Ayr United at 4/1 or 9/2 to win at Partick Thistle.  Even bigger at McBookie.

Earlier in the week I stuck a big bet on Morton to beat Albion Rovers at 9/20 but they've been cut significantly since then so the value looks gone.

9 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:

I came on here precisely to say that.  Anything 4/1 or above on Hamilton-Airdrie DRAW looks like value.  I also got £10 matched at 11/1 on the betfair exchange on Airdrie to win.

Elsewhere I like Ayr United at 4/1 or 9/2 to win at Partick Thistle.  Even bigger at McBookie.

Earlier in the week I stuck a big bet on Morton to beat Albion Rovers at 9/20 but they've been cut significantly since then so the value looks gone.

Fancied Ayr too, 3/1 for DNB at McBookie.

9/5 for Ayr to beat Partick Thistle at home looks a good price as does similar for Forfar at home to Airdrie. Not saying they're forgone conclusions but higher prices than I expected them to be. Us (Clyde) are too short for me IMO at 4/7. Cowdenbeath will be better than the last 2 years aswell, expecting Albion Rovers or Berwick to be the new whipping boys.

On first glance its looking a complete minefield down south as it usually is on the opening day. 

Edited by C. Muir

I can't really put any bets on for the first couple of weeks - I used to go with the season previews in FourFourTwo and When Saturday Comes to see which teams were poorly rated by their own fans but it ended up with me getting 1 out of 5 or 6 right in the first month or so til it settled down. The Scottish lower leagues in particular are anyone's guess for a spell.

I can't really put any bets on for the first couple of weeks - I used to go with the season previews in FourFourTwo and When Saturday Comes to see which teams were poorly rated by their own fans but it ended up with me getting 1 out of 5 or 6 right in the first month or so til it settled down. The Scottish lower leagues in particular are anyone's guess for a spell.

I’m the same. I try to avoid the first few weeks and the last few - once teams go down they play without pressure, teams scrapping for points scared to lose rather than try to win etc.

On 01/08/2018 at 10:25, C. Muir said:

9/5 for Ayr to beat Partick Thistle at home looks a good price as does similar for Forfar at home to Airdrie. Not saying they're forgone conclusions but higher prices than I expected them to be. Us (Clyde) are too short for me IMO at 4/7. Cowdenbeath will be better than the last 2 years aswell, expecting Albion Rovers or Berwick to be the new whipping boys.

On first glance its looking a complete minefield down south as it usually is on the opening day. 

Yeah I've stuck £20 on Ayr who are now 2/1 or even 21/10 at bet365.  I would make them slight favourites at home to Partick but the bookies seem to have them the other way around.

Before the odds came out I estimated Clyde to be about 10/11, I was surprised at 4/7.

I also like the look of Queen's Park at 3/1 away to Peterhead.  QP fans are very positive about their displays in the league cup and Peterhead have been guff so far.  I don't expect The Blue Toon will stay in the doldrums for too long but until they turn it around there could be value in opposing them while their confidence is low.

I piled into Edinburgh City at 20/23 a couple of days ago but those odds are gone now.   There has been several thousand bet on them on the betfair exchange which is a bit strange for a game at this level.

Given my result last week - see the Win Counter thread - I’m going to stand as the self appointed #1 Fitba Tipster in the land. At least until 5pm tomorrow anyhoo. [emoji1]

My choices this week:

IMG_1533308947.048974.jpg

Hamilton are dire. Big Itchy Easy Peazy will probably run riot. Easy Hearts win.

Berwick also sound like they’re going to be poor this year. Stirling seem to have a settled squad.

Clyde have been well documented above.

Edinburgh City seem to have invested quite a bit. Albion seem full of juniors.

Peterhead also seem well liked and a tough team to beat at home.

D Utd v DAFC. 0-0 snoozefest written all over it.

You heard it here first!

Hearts Stirling Edinburgh and Plymouth are my 4 fold. Hearts have been hammered into 5/6 and should beat a poor Hamilton team that will struggle to score goals. Berwick are very poor and Stirling have solid squad so 6/5 looks a very good price. Edinburgh have bought a few decent players for this level whereas Albion look like they could be whip boys this year. Plymouth have bought a lot of players but are building on a solid base. Walsall don't have a defence (signing defenders because only 1 centre back is fit) so 13/8 looks good price.