Sportscene Watch 19/20

18 minutes ago, bennett said:

Daz summing up all that's wrong with Scottish Scottish fitba, no wonder it's so poor when you've got attitudes like his.

It's more a damning indictment of what Hearts had at their disposal yesterday. It certainly doesn't reflect how I'd like Hearts to play.

7 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

The only 'good' thing about an OF final is that it might actually be close. Depressingly, either one of them vs a diddy this season is likely to be a total non event like yesterday.

It's going back to the point where you almost can't be arsed with making a semi if you're up against one of them, such is the effort involved to more than likely see your side get pumped.

As has been said, it is a terrible state of affairs for our game but those in the media and those running it cannot see beyond their showpiece fixture.

Rangers are still miles away from genuinely competing with Celtic.

3 hours ago, Darren said:

Aberdeen don't have players going off injured in every single game, thereby ruining your chances of bringing on the players you'd like to make a mark on the game later on - and that's provided all goes well with the shitfesting, which it rarely does for Hearts against Rangers in Glasgow.

MacPhee's big sell was meant to be: "I'm my own man." He set out Hearts exactly as Levein would have, albeit with an even stranger line-up.

Aberdeen don't have players going off injured?

Not sure you've paid us any attention this season.

29 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Rangers are still miles away from genuinely competing with Celtic.

Aberdeen don't have players going off injured?

Not sure you've paid us any attention this season.

No, I can't say I have. But the Aberdeen game referred to didn't occur this season.

11 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The general point might hold in the sense that I think Killie and Livi are the only teams who haven't taken a battering off either of them so far this season. I'm not sure many of the top 8 would have put in such an insipid performance in a semi-final, right enough.

But, but Motherwell led at Ibrox and were 10 minutes off a draw, and we led against Celtic and out played them for vast parts of the game before they pumped us?  

Led or lead?

On 04/11/2019 at 09:45, well fan for life said:

McFadden being a total dimwit is hardly news to anyone. 

What I don't get is that guys like McFadden spent long enough playing for us that he must be aware how much the other 40 clubs' supporters hate Celtic and Sevco, and that we want nothing to do with a final between them. He must know that.

13 minutes ago, nsr said:

What I don't get is that guys like McFadden spent long enough playing for us that he must be aware how much the other 40 clubs' supporters hate Celtic and Sevco, and that we want nothing to do with a final between them. He must know that.

He's a Celtic fan so probably thinks we all support Celtic or Sevco as our 'big team'.

Edited by DA Baracus

18 minutes ago, nsr said:

I fear you are greatly overestimating the brain power he possesses.

23 minutes ago, nsr said:

I don't think anyone who grows up supporting one of those clubs does really realise that.

I also think there is a huge amount of groupthink with ex-player pundits - with very few exceptions, they all say precisely the same stuff to the point I tune them out. Players' media training specifically teaches them to say nothing interesting and unfortunately, most of them carry that into their media careers...

24 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I don't think anyone who grows up supporting one of those clubs does really realise that.

8 minutes ago, nsr said:

I can understand that level of ignorance from the average Cheek supporter on the street, but for someone who's actually played for a non-Cheek club it's staggering.

It is but not uncommon. There's a definite attitude of 'yeah the diddies say  they dislike them, but they don't really'.

We also went through a hideous period at Aberdeen of players fairly openly supporting one side or the other. Zander Diamond (club captain at the time) with his Celtic birthday cake anbd birthday hat and posting it on Bebo springs immediately to mind.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

It is but not uncommon. There's a definite attitude of 'yeah the diddies say  they dislike them, but they don't really'.

We also went through a hideous period at Aberdeen of players fairly openly supporting one side or the other. Zander Diamond (club captain at the time) with his Celtic birthday cake anbd birthday hat and posting it on Bebo springs immediately to mind.

It was his other half who posted that...but a mate of a mate delivered a pizza to him and he answered the door wearing a Celtic shirt. Hahaha.