c***s on the road

1 hour ago, Academically Deficient said:

As an old girlfriend said to me, in an attempt at confidence-building: "better with a wee worker than a big lazy b*****d".

A tattoo worthy sentiment. 

I can do the same trick with a shot glass, not as impressive though. 

On 12/12/2020 at 07:49, Bairnardo said:

Audi driver slamming the anchors on in front of me to inexplicably let someone across the other side of the lights turn right, even though said person wasnt ready for this and was obviously prepared to wait for the two cars with right of way to go before turning.

Even when they are being courteous they are c***s.

This brings me to a point that annoys me though.... Folk straining themselves to be "courteous" when theres actually no need for it.

On 12/12/2020 at 08:31, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Thank you. This kind of overly considerate driving does my head in.

The wee town I live in has a very narrow and twisty main street. It's effectively a long series of Passing Places which has turned into a nightmare world of cars stopping and having a friendly "no after you my good neighbour" stand-off until one guiltily goes through first. Ned Flanders driving school. Grrr.

Driving school teacher on YouTube who’s content is decent even for those who have passed put a video out today about similar situations 

Edited by gav-ffc

Driving school teacher on YouTube who’s content is decent even for those who have passed put a video out today about similar situations 

As a parent of a relatively young child, I don't like cars stopping to let us cross. I'd almost always prefer the car to clear the road and let us make our own decision about crossing the road safely without their "permission" to do so.

Sometimes people get visibly miffed at my refusal to accept their invitation to cross, but I always think they are failing to see the position from the perspective of the parent trying to teach road safety. It's almost always safer for the car to clear off.

Another example of this misguided courtesy.

Just now, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

As a parent of a relatively young child, I don't like cars stopping to let us cross. I'd almost always prefer the car to clear the road and let us make our own decision about crossing the road safely without their "permission" to do so.

Sometimes people get visibly miffed at my refusal to accept their invitation to cross, but I always think they are failing to see the position from the perspective of the parent trying to teach road safety. It's almost always safer for the car to clear off.

It's be same with light flashers at junctions etc. There are rules we should all know and if we stick to them and not have individual variations, depending on the drivers mood we all stand a better chance of survival.

This also with people letting learner drivers out at junctions etc. That’s not going to teach them anything and it won’t be what happens in the real driving world.

14 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's be same with light flashers at junctions etc. There are rules we should all know and if we stick to them and not have individual variations, depending on the drivers mood we all stand a better chance of survival.

The only time I do it is if I'm stuck in a traffic jam or very slow traffic and I want to let someone in from a side road. Don't see any harm in it then. I usually just wave though.

23 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The only time I do it is if I'm stuck in a traffic jam or very slow traffic and I want to let someone in from a side road. Don't see any harm in it then. I usually just wave though.

It's usually done with no regard to traffic conditions. I've seen cars stop with nothing behind them and wave me out a side road. No thanks, you just drive on and I'll go out when there's a gap, like the big one behind you.

Or stop a line of traffic to wave you out, oblivious to the line of juggernauts coming in the other direction.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's usually done with no regard to traffic conditions. I've seen cars stop with nothing behind them and save me out a side road. No thanks, you just drive on and go out when there's a gap, like the big one behind you.

Or stop a line of traffic to wave you out, oblivious to the line of juggernauts coming in the other direction.

This. Then they give you a dirty look for not pulling out when they are waving you out. 

49 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

This also with people letting learner drivers out at junctions etc. That’s not going to teach them anything and it won’t be what happens in the real driving world.

I agree.  I prefer to tailgate learners then shout abuse at them as I overtake and cut them up in one swift move.

They’ll thank me for it one day.

Spoiler

I don’t really do that.

2 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

100% same here with a 5 year old trying to teach road safety is a nightmare when everyone is trying to be “courteous” but ends up  trying to let you cross when it’s 2 lanes of traffic and they don’t realise a bairn would just cross without any regards to the other lane.

4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's usually done with no regard to traffic conditions. I've seen cars stop with nothing behind them and wave me out a side road. No thanks, you just drive on and I'll go out when there's a gap, like the big one behind you.

I’m very wary of people doing this simply due to my distrust of the public at large as I always think “why are you doing this.” I.e. crash for cash bandits 😡

It's raining, it's dark, so obviously it's necessary to have all the fog lights on for driving around town. Twats. 
Lost count of the amount I saw today on the motorway.

Aye visibility is poor but your taillights are more than enough, the clue is in the fucking name fucko.

I always get a fair bit of enjoyment at witnessing two c***s on the road both in the wrong having a go at each other, while you can just sit back and bask in the glory of not being a c**t. 

There is this roundabout near my house that was recently built, which seems to have an inner smaller circle you clearly can't drive over and an outer circle that is almost like a lowered pavement, then you have the road. It's clear to most drivers that you don't use the outer circle either and I'm fairly certain you shouldn't. Anyway, the other night the Mercedes out in front attempts to make essentially a right turn at the roundabout without indicating and a delivery van cuts across the outer circle to go the same way, they both almost collide. I'd have loved to have heard the argument and counter argument from them as to who was in the right, as when I got to the lights further down the road they were still in same bit likely having a go at each other. 

On 13/12/2020 at 16:35, NewBornBairn said:

It's raining, it's dark, so obviously it's necessary to have all the fog lights on for driving around town. Twats. 

Aye, this is dangerous.

Also, maybe it's my eyesight deteriorating with age, but are car headlights a lot brighter these days? 

Sometimes it's like an alien spacecraft driving towards you.

Aye, this is dangerous.
Also, maybe it's my eyesight deteriorating with age, but are car headlights a lot brighter these days? 
It's more c***s with unnecessary massive cars with super bright headlights aimed incorrectly, they aim them as high as possible to help them see not realising its literally right in everyone's eyes

1 hour ago, Academically Deficient said:

Aye, this is dangerous.

It's absolutely horrendous.

2 hours ago, Academically Deficient said:

Aye, this is dangerous.

I bet you can see that Mars bars are a lot smaller these days?

3 hours ago, Academically Deficient said:

Aye, this is dangerous.

I've never had an answer that explains it to me.

Is it my eyes, the change in standard of lights, or just a general reduction in my confidence driving in adverse conditions? My eyesight is well within legal limits but goes to fūck in a combination of wet and dark, especially if that is then punctuated by what appears to be an approaching space ship.