c***s on the road

10 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

I'm nominating Edinburgh Council, shirking their responsibilities. 

You have to write to people in England to appeal a parking ticket in Edinburgh. A PO Box at Lowton Way, Hellaby, Sheffield.

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

You have to write to people in England to appeal a parking ticket in Edinburgh. A PO Box at Lowton Way, Hellaby, Sheffield.

Hellaby isn't even in Sheffield. Dozy bustards.

15 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Lets face it, Edinburgh lovely city though it is basically little England North of the Border where a lot of counts don't even acknowledge their next door neighbours. Are you honestly surprised?

7 hours ago, bobbykdy said:

Lets face it, Edinburgh lovely city though it is basically little England North of the Border where a lot of counts don't even acknowledge their next door neighbours. Are you honestly surprised?

I find that the best way to scare the living keech out of folk from Edinburgh is to say "hello" as you walk past them, without ever having been formally introduced.

13 hours ago, scottsdad said:

giphy.gif

I parked my motor on my street but there are new parking rules. Me/my neighbours are getting parking tickets for something we didn't know about. I understand now it is about parking in front of a curb that has been lowered. The new rule must have happened at the same time as parking on pavements.

I emailed Ben Macpherson MSP and complained and his office replied saying they didn't know why I got a ticket but gave me the email for my local Councillors.

I got a reply from Cllr Jack Caldwell (Lib Dem) he didn't understand why but willing to help and from Cllr McNeese-Mechan (SNP) she was the same and willing to help.

The Green and Labour ones haven't replied.

I'm just moaning like fcuk! It's a £50 fine! Parking outside my front door! Been parking there for 20 years!  

If the Local Councillors don't understand why we are getting tickets then how are people in Sheffield going to decide if our appeals are okay or not. 

10 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

I parked my motor on my street but there are new parking rules. Me/my neighbours are getting parking tickets for something we didn't know about. I understand now it is about parking in front of a curb that has been lowered. The new rule must have happened at the same time as parking on pavements.

I emailed Ben Macpherson MSP and complained and his office replied saying they didn't know why I got a ticket but gave me the email for my local Councillors.

I got a reply from Cllr Jack Caldwell (Lib Dem) he didn't understand why but willing to help and from Cllr McNeese-Mechan (SNP) she was the same and willing to help.

I'm just moaning like fcuk! It's a £50 fine! Parking outside my front door! Been parking there for 20 years!  

If the Local Councillors don't understand why we are getting tickets then how are people in Sheffield going to decide if our appeals are okay or not. 

https://www.transport.gov.scot/news/pavement-parking-ban/#:~:text=The Transport (Scotland) Act 2019,safe access for emergency vehicles.

Doubt you'll get off with this. They'll refer to their extensive media campaign as reason that you should have known about this change. 

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

What is the contravention code given on the PCN?

Edited by Ginaro

1 hour ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

I understand now it is about parking in front of a curb that has been lowered.

I thought it was already illegal to park in front of an official dropped kerb? (As opposed to one done for a driveway or with something to allow a car to bump up). I think like parking in front of a fire hydrant sign, it wasn't often enforced but still technically verboten?

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

What is the contravention code given on the PCN?

I spoke to a neighbour yesterday and she see didn't understand why people are getting parking tickets. She thought there must have been a mistake.

I was just speaking to another neighbour and she got a ticket and just paid it.

There are two other cars out there just now with parking tickets, there were another two on Saturday morning with tickets. 

The point is, nobody has been told. No letters through the door or they could have put up a no parking sign or put down double yellow lines. 

Edited by HeartsOfficialMoaner
. f**k spellcheck

1 hour ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

I understand now it is about parking in front of a curb that has been lowered.

It's a pain enough finding somewhere to cross the road with a wheelchair without selfish car owners blocking them off.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's a pain enough finding somewhere to cross the road with a wheelchair without selfish car owners blocking them off.

Add selfish car owners parking half on the pavement half on the road so you can't get passed with a wheelchair.

7 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

I spoke to a neighbour yesterday and she see didn't understand why people are getting parking tickets. She thought there must have been a mistake.

I was just speaking to another neighbour and she got a ticket and just paid it.

There are two other cars out there just now with parking tickets, there were another two on Saturday morning with tickets. 

The point is, nobody has been told. No letters through the door or they could have put up a no parking sign or put down double yellow lines. 

Yeah so 101 is parking at a dropped kerb (100 is pavement parking and 102 is double parking). Highway code rule 243 says DO NOT stop or park "where the kerb has been lowered to help wheelchair users and powered mobility vehicles" so you have been told, and of course obstruction has always been a thing. How would someone in a wheelchair cross the road if all the dropped kerbs were blocked?

I don't know if it was only the police who could enforce this before (given the three new contravention codes), or if the council had the power and just didn't bother much, but you're not going to get off with it unless it's access to a driveway or garage: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/asp/2019/17/part/6/crossheading/dropped-footway-parking-prohibition

14 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

They could put a zebra crossing there if that is what it is for.

We shouldn't need to add yellow lines and crossings everyone, if drivers followed the rules and kept places free of obstructions by not dumping their vehicles anywhere they liked. And also, a zebra crossing would mean even less parking given the length of zig-zigs.

1 minute ago, Ginaro said:

Yeah so 101 is parking at a dropped kerb (100 is pavement parking and 102 is double parking). Highway code rule 243 says DO NOT stop or park "where the kerb has been lowered to help wheelchair users and powered mobility vehicles" so you have been told, and of course obstruction has always been a thing. How would someone in a wheelchair cross the road if all the dropped kerbs were blocked?

I don't know if it was only the police who could enforce this before (given the three new contravention codes), or if the council had the power and just didn't bother much, but you're not going to get off with it unless it's access to a driveway or garage: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/asp/2019/17/part/6/crossheading/dropped-footway-parking-prohibition

We shouldn't need to add yellow lines and crossings everyone, if drivers followed the rules and kept places free of obstructions by not dumping their vehicles anywhere they liked. And also, a zebra crossing would mean even less parking given the length of zig-zigs.

https://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/parking/new-parking-rules/2

There is a dropped kerb at the driveway to my home, can I park in front of it?

Yes, the new rules do not apply to parking in front of driveways, garages or property entrances. However, if there’s an existing restriction already in place, such as a single yellow line, this will still apply. However, you should not park on the pavement outside your driveway as this could still be enforced.

Someone else has parked over my driveway can you help?

Unfortunately, no. The new parking rules do not apply to parking in front of driveways. However, if the vehicle is parked on the footway outside your driveway we may be able to help. Parking across a driveway may constitute an obstruction and you should report this to Police Scotland on their non-emergency number 101.

How will I know if a dropped kerb will be enforced or not? 

There are many types of pedestrian crossing points around the city, but only those intended to help pedestrians cross the road to the other side are likely to be enforced. These mainly include where

• a designated crossing has been introduced such as a Pelican crossing
  • where a pedestrian island is situated
  • at the end of the street
  • where tactile paving is located or
  • where a dropped crossing is directly opposite on the other side of the road.

Some dropped kerbs help to facilitate the collection of communal waste bins and you should avoid parking where you may impede the collection of refuse. If there's no driveway or access adjacent to the dropped kerb, you should consider parking elsewhere if in any doubt.  

5 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I find that the best way to scare the living keech out of folk from Edinburgh is to say "hello" as you walk past them, without ever having been formally introduced.

I knew a fellow in Coleraine who would chat the legs of a herd of donkeys, a mutual acquaintance said "The best way to deal with Roy is to say 'Hello' and keep going, don't even say it's a nice day, or you'll never get away."

13 hours ago, bobbykdy said:

Here, I acknowledge our next door neighbours. They're called Hibs and they're not very good but I don't laugh out of politeness. 

4 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

I parked my motor on my street but there are new parking rules. Me/my neighbours are getting parking tickets for something we didn't know about.

It’s important to get maximum publicity - photo and article in the press with you looking glum with the offending parking ticket!

Then you will also get on the compo faces thread.

2 hours ago, Ginaro said:

You might be right, I will probably get nowhere with this and if it was just me I don't think I would appeal but there are so many people getting tickets. I have not seen this happen before. 

1 minute ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

You might be right, I will probably get nowhere with this and if it was just me I don't think I would appeal but there are so many people getting tickets. I have not seen this happen before. 

Clearly going all out to hammer home the point by the looks of it.