c***s on the road

One less c**t on the road - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-61594832

Sami Ula Jabbar was travelling at about 80mph in a 30mph zone when he collided with 16-year-old Harley Smith.

Jabbar had previous convictions, including for careless driving, and was on bail at the time of the crash.

Donald Conroy, a motorist driving on Polmont Road, saw Jabbar's Mercedes travelling at "a very high speed".
The prosecutor said: "He observed in his rear view mirror the Mercedes screeching to a halt and a person being propelled into the air to the height of what seemed like the top of the lamp post."

I'd jail the c**t for life. He'll probably get 6 months. 

45 minutes ago, Empty It said:
55 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:
Cannae be that many Bugattis cutting about for PC Plod to trace though, Shirley? Especially when you can further narrow it down by colour?

The problem with that is for the police to prove beyond reasonable doubt it was that car and it probably wouldn't be worth their time or the small fortune it would cost to try proving it was this specific car.

Is it not an offence to use false plates? Would be worth tracking him down and charge him with that. 

24 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

One less c**t on the road - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-61594832

I'd jail the c**t for life. He'll probably get 6 months. 

I lived a stone throw away from where it happened and I’ve never seen as thick a fog that might. The blue lights lighting up the fog is something I remember vividly.

Doing near 80 on that road at anytime is insane but what a c**t.

43 minutes ago, Empty It said:
1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:
Is it not an offence to use false plates? Would be worth tracking him down and charge him with that. 

Agreed just think it'd be very difficult to prove.

Bugatti's communicate back to the company.  It wouldn't be that hard to prove which exact vehicle was on that stretch of road.

5 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

I suspect if he's got false plates he'll have turned off or disabled that piece of software.

It's impossible to do that on Teslas, as it turns your car into a brick if you attempt it, so i wouldn't be shocked if Bugattis are the same.

You need to contact Tesla to shut the car down before you jack it up to take a wheel off.

It's impossible to do that on Teslas, as it turns your car into a brick if you attempt it, so i wouldn't be shocked if Bugattis are the same.
You need to contact Tesla to shut the car down before you jack it up to take a wheel off.
That's an absolute farce and I'm sure Tesla doesn't charge you everytime this needs done.

8 minutes ago, Empty It said:

That's an absolute farce and I'm sure Tesla doesn't charge you everytime this needs done.

I don't think they charge but you've to prove your qualified to do it which can apparently take ages.

Or you don't bother and risk jacking through a cable and dying instantly.

I don't think they charge but you've to prove your qualified to do it which can apparently take ages.
I'll stick to my petrol car of which I can do 90% of the work myself and a mate.

4 minutes ago, Empty It said:

I'll stick to my petrol car of which I can do 90% of the work myself and a mate.

Even they can be shut down remotely now, believe there's a raft of VW cars from 2019 onwards sold with that technology that was never mentioned at the time of sale, but VW have now activated it in the cars and blocked you using a code reader on it unless you've got a security code.

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What if you blow a tyre in the middle of nowhere and there's no phone signal?

On 26/05/2022 at 23:14, tamthebam said:

Open Eurobin. Find some chips. Put them on roof of car. Let seagulls wreak your revenge for you 

I would but my bin raking days are over.

Spoiler

Although EDF have other plans for me.

Even they can be shut down remotely now, believe there's a raft of VW cars from 2019 onwards sold with that technology that was never mentioned at the time of sale, but VW have now activated it in the cars and blocked you using a code reader on it unless you've got a security code.
I've got a 92 MX5 so I'm safe from all that [emoji23]

On 26/05/2022 at 15:31, alta-pete said:

Started with a T-reg navy 1.6GL. 

Later on had a silver 2.8injection special. 

Then, mid life crisis time c.15 years ago, got a Caspian Blue(?) 2.8injection special as a weekend toy. 

Given I was driving a company Volvo S60 at the time, the Capri just felt really old, slow and the ride (steady now) was rubbish. Great cars in their prime but I’d recommend leaving them as memories. Revisiting your heroes can be really disappointing. 

2.8 must've been arse happy on the roundabouts I'd imagine!!

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

What if you blow a tyre in the middle of nowhere and there's no phone signal?

Can that happen with a Tesla with the daft "starlink" system?

They'll probably tell you to phone them through the car and they'll arrange a breakdown company.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Can that happen with a Tesla with the daft "starlink" system?

They'll probably tell you to phone them through the car and they'll arrange a breakdown company.

Probably, but might take a few days if you're up in Northern Canada somewhere. After googling a bit I can't find any mention of having to phone them to be allowed to change a wheel. Would it not make it tricky for the cops if they needed to tow a car away too?

Edited by welshbairn

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Probably, but might take a few days if you're up in Northern Canada somewhere. After googling a bit I can't find any mention of having to phone them to be allowed to change a wheel. 

*shrugs*

It's what I was taught when learning how to service them. I daresay most people just gamble the jack won't hit anything, but after seeing underneath one, and other electric cars, it won't be me.

Biggest advice I got when working on electrics is avoid anything orange.