c***s on the road

I had to get from Sheffield to Manchester yesterday, absolute shit show, had to get the replacement bus from Sheffield to Hope then get on the train. Anyway the bus service went through the Peak District and took a fucking age because there were so many tiny roads that had the entire right hand lane taken up by dozens of parked cars. Meant the bus would need to stop and wait ages until there was a point when there wasn't a car coming up from the other direction. Obviously as soon as we had a gap there was a massive trail of cars behind us so the poor fucker at the other hand had at least a ten minute wait for us to pass to try and get by from their end. Each of these places was a ten minute walk from either a wee village, which would have some parking spaces, or a train station. 

The fucking entitlement of drivers. They can't be arsed getting the train in the first place to save them an extra ten minute walk to get to the start point of their hike and when they get there and there's no parking spaces they think turning a road into a single lane clusterfuck is acceptable. 

It's become a bit of a cliche, but Range Rover drivers are without exception, completely entitled c***s. 
I'd forgotten to post this in here, but a few weeks my back my partner and I went kayaking on Loch Lubnaig, which on a nice day, as anyone who's been there will know, was fucking mobbed, which means traffic chaos. My OH is disabled and has a blue badge so we luckily got on of the disabled bays. Later in the afternoon there was a big f**k off blue body-kitted Range Rover in the other bay (no blue badge). The girls who run the kiosk there were out with the loudhailer asking the driver to come to his car. Ten mins later some roid-munching tattooed thicko ned comes up to the car park and asks them what the problem was. The wee lassie stands her ground and tells him he's no blue badge on display and to either produce it, or park elsewhere. Cue the boy then sheepishly rummaging through the glovebox, before mumbling something about "aw it's in ma other car". By this time there were a couple of spaces further down he could have shifted his car to, but he couldn't be arsed and walked back down to the shore to his family picnic. 
Range-rover driving c***s. 
The overwhelming amount of p***ks with their SUVs that can't be bothered walking the length of themselves parking in disabled bay and parent & child spaces is one that really sets me off on one, if someone is parked in a bay they shouldn't then their motor should be fair game for destruction.

The overwhelming amount of p***ks with their SUVs that can't be bothered walking the length of themselves parking in disabled bay and parent & child spaces is one that really sets me off on one, if someone is parked in a bay they shouldn't then their motor should be fair game for destruction.
I watched a couple do this at Tesco yesterday. Can't remember the make of car but was a big fuckoff thing. Straight into a disable bay despite the car park being really quiet. No badge.

I don't think I have ever done it. I have always felt its a total no go, like just one of those things you absolutely don't do. I think most folk feel the same way tbh. But what's with these c***s who just don't care.... Honestly don't get it.

Said it before and I'll say it again: the reason most people have SUVs is because they can't fucking drive properly. The large car is an attempt to hide this as they can bully people driving smaller cars.

15 minutes ago, Empty It said:
57 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:
It's become a bit of a cliche, but Range Rover drivers are without exception, completely entitled c***s. 
I'd forgotten to post this in here, but a few weeks my back my partner and I went kayaking on Loch Lubnaig, which on a nice day, as anyone who's been there will know, was fucking mobbed, which means traffic chaos. My OH is disabled and has a blue badge so we luckily got on of the disabled bays. Later in the afternoon there was a big f**k off blue body-kitted Range Rover in the other bay (no blue badge). The girls who run the kiosk there were out with the loudhailer asking the driver to come to his car. Ten mins later some roid-munching tattooed thicko ned comes up to the car park and asks them what the problem was. The wee lassie stands her ground and tells him he's no blue badge on display and to either produce it, or park elsewhere. Cue the boy then sheepishly rummaging through the glovebox, before mumbling something about "aw it's in ma other car". By this time there were a couple of spaces further down he could have shifted his car to, but he couldn't be arsed and walked back down to the shore to his family picnic. 
Range-rover driving c***s. 

It should be at the store manager’s discretion to decide the severity of, em, ‘disablement’ they return to their cars with. 

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I don't think I have ever done it. I have always felt its a total no go, like just one of those things you absolutely don't do. I think most folk feel the same way tbh. But what's with these c***s who just don't care.... Honestly don't get it.

It's mental. I never did it before anyway, but having a disabled partner I can fully appreciate just how shite it is for folk who have blue badges to discover that a space has been taken by some entitled tosser with a big SUV. Parking in a disabled bay should be an automatic massive fine. 

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Said it before and I'll say it again: the reason most people have SUVs is because they can't fucking drive properly. The large car is an attempt to hide this as they can bully people driving smaller cars.

I have an SUV because it's easily the comfiest car I've ever driven - no bad back issues - and I can get the wife's electric wheelchair in the back. 

I'm always astonished* at the number of works vans and sports cars parked in disabled bays without badges. But then my sister does it and doesn't give a single f**k. 

I think it's a mistake putting disabled, parent & kids and EV bays so close to the door of businesses because there are always a significant number of c***s who will park in the closest bay to the door because they're lazy shites. I'm sure I've mentioned it before but I used to go to a gym in Stirling where I could watch through the window as I was on the treadmill. The number of gym-bunnies who would park as close as they possibly could to the front door so they didn't have to walk too far to exercise was ridiculous. They parked in drop-off zones, disabled bays, loading zones, motorbike spaces, on the pavement - all with a huge car park just yards away. 

*not astonished at all

9 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

Not quite "c***s on the road" but in the supermarket carpark the guy I was parked beside opened his door and dinged mine.
Now, I really couldn't give two tosses about it, these things happen.
However, he looked straight at me then nothing, no apology of any sort.

I wound down the window and gave him a shout.
"What?" he said.
"This is the point you say 'sorry mate'" said I.
"Your the fucking perfect driver" was the retort.
I kindly pointed out neither of us were actually driving and he was an ignorant fud.

He then proceeded to take a strop, drive out of the bay without looking and narrowly miss pranging his range rover into the poor guy taking back the shopping trollies.

There's the problem there.

Have you noticed it's always young, fit, able-bodied men and women who park in the disabled or child spaces with no blue badge or children in their car?  I see a lot of folk at the Co-op near me like this and they're, 9 times out of 10, wearing gym wear.

So fit and healthy that they can't walk the extra 10 metres from the non-disabled or child spaces.

38 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Whenever I'm waiting at Tesco for my wife to come out with "a few bits and pieces" - that's for another thread - I get absolutely livid at the amount of customers who swing into the disabled spaces, who are obviously able bodied. They occasionally have a badge displayed, but it's obviously not theirs.

14 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

It's mental. I never did it before anyway, but having a disabled partner I can fully appreciate just how shite it is for folk who have blue badges to discover that a space has been taken by some entitled tosser with a big SUV. Parking in a disabled bay should be an automatic massive fine. 

It's £60.00 fine on a public road, afaik.

I purposely park far away from the supermarket door because I'm able to walk 100 yards and it means I'm not taking a space from someone who might have mobility problems but not enough to warrant a blue badge. I can't fathom what goes through the mind of these selfish c***s that park where they have no right to.

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Whenever I'm waiting at Tesco for my wife to come out with "a few bits and pieces" - that's for another thread - I get absolutely livid at the amount of customers who swing into the disabled spaces, who are obviously able bodied. They occasionally have a badge displayed, but it's obviously not theirs.

I agree with about 95% of this. It boils my piss as well. However, it is worth remembering that not all disabilities are visible. People are often granted blue badges for their children for example. All this information should be stored in a database somewhere that could be checked with ANPR cameras, which in turn could pay for themselves through the fines. 

Have you noticed it's always young, fit, able-bodied men and women who park in the disabled or child spaces with no blue badge or children in their car?  I see a lot of folk at the Co-op near me like this and they're, 9 times out of 10, wearing gym wear.
So fit and healthy that they can't walk the extra 10 metres from the non-disabled or child spaces.
Not true, the amount of times I've seen entitled middle aged women abandon their cars in these spaces.

11 minutes ago, microdave said:

I purposely park far away from the supermarket door because I'm able to walk 100 yards and it means I'm not taking a space from someone who might have mobility problems but not enough to warrant a blue badge. I can't fathom what goes through the mind of these selfish c***s that park where they have no right to.

I park a similar distance away but it's mainly so I avoid being stuck next to the aforementioned SUV wankers. 

9 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

I agree with about 95% of this. It boils my piss as well. However, it is worth remembering that not all disabilities are visible. People are often granted blue badges for their children for example. All this information should be stored in a database somewhere that could be checked with ANPR cameras, which in turn could pay for themselves through the fines. 

That's true, but these people are unaccompanied by children.

21 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

10 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

That's true, but these people are unaccompanied by children.

One of the conditions of the BB is that the person who holds it has to be either the driver or a passenger (or at least it used to be). 

Other than SUV wankers, the worst offenders here at motorhome c***s. Obviously parking a bit further away before loading up their supplies is way too much to ask. 

2 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

One of the conditions of the BB is that the person who holds it has to be either the driver or a passenger (or at least it used to be). 

Other than SUV wankers, the worst offenders here at motorhome c***s. Obviously parking a bit further away before loading up their supplies is way too much to ask. 

That's what I thought, an able bodied driver sans BB holding passenger isn't entitled to a disabled space.

43 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

I have an SUV because it's easily the comfiest car I've ever driven - no bad back issues - and I can get the wife's electric wheelchair in the back. 

Which is a perfectly good reason to have one. 

There are absolutely loads of them on the roads down here, usually driven badly, and often by mum doing the school run. I am convinced the car is to hide their lack of ability as I refuse to believe it's a coincidence they are all just bad drivers. 

39 minutes ago, microdave said:

I also do this also, but mainly to try and protect against div SUV drivers dinging my door or parking over the line meaning I can't get into my car.