c***s on the road

Plenty of c**ts on the road down south this morning seemingly stunned that their journey has been disrupted by the snow which has had 24/7 news coverage the last few days. Who'd have thunk a road called the Trans-Pennine motorway would be affected?

• 2 weeks later...

The lack of self-awareness in the cyclist to post that and claim, with a straight face, that it's someone else's fault is something else. Overtook without looking (didn't indicate either), wasn't paying attention to where he was going whilst telling someone to "f**k off" and then ends up mounting the pavement and crashing. Fortunately there wasn't a pedestrian around. 

Edited by Michael W

6 hours ago, Michael W said:

The lack of self-awareness in the cyclist to post that and claim, with a straight face, that it's someone else's fault is something else. Overtook without looking (didn't indicate either), wasn't paying attention to where he was going whilst telling someone to "f**k off" and then ends up mounting the pavement and crashing. Fortunately there wasn't a pedestrian around. 

You don't know they didn't indicate; the recording doesn't show it.

No car should be attempting to pass a cyclist with the island in the middle of the road anyway.

But yes, I'd have reserved my solute for when the car eventually overtook. That part was stupid.

• 3 weeks later...

Twice on the same journey by two different drivers on a recent A1 trip at Dunbar and Berwick - inside lane approaching roundabout then nonchalantly outside lane on the roundabout then back to inside lane! Berwick one possibly worse as the we’re going straight into town at the Morrisons one! Muttered the standard “they’re aw oot the day!” 😂

4 hours ago, Mart Apart said:

Twice on the same journey by two different drivers on a recent A1 trip at Dunbar and Berwick - inside lane approaching roundabout then nonchalantly outside lane on the roundabout then back to inside lane! Berwick one possibly worse as the we’re going straight into town at the Morrisons one! Muttered the standard “they’re aw oot the day!” 😂

That happens all the time at the roundabout at Kincardine coming down the hill from Devilla. There are 2 lanes going into it and 2 lanes exiting straight on to the bridge. The normal scenario is car moves into outside lane coming down the hill with its right indicator on, which to me says they are turning right to go into Kincardine. As soon as it gets onto the roundabout, the left indicator comes on and it pulls into the inside lane going to the bridge. I’ve lost count the number of times someone has pulled in front of me as I keep to the inside lane into and out of the roundabout.

Had a teen driver merge nearly right into me, luckily I was able to swerve into an open oncoming lane while braking to be able to duck back quickly. The pisser is the second she started over I spotted it and hammered the horn, braked and swerved since I could see room…and she keeps coming over…the little yellow icon for adjacent traffic warning is lit up, but she just saunters over and buzzes away. I can only conclude the mirror, warning and horn weren’t enough because she was probably on her phone. Catch up at next light, she rolls the window down, “I’m so sorry, I didn’t see you”…”why didn’t you stop when you heard the horn?”…”what horn?”…I couldn’t stand hearing an excuse about the lane warning, and just sighed and rolled the window up.

On 10/04/2023 at 06:23, Mart Apart said:

Probably the same everywhere but that is normal behaviour in Dundee.

Just now, Molotov said:

In reverse I hope! 😂 

I live out in the countryside, so the roads are not very good, twisty, sometimes muddy and it was raining.

If someone wants to do 60 on those roads and in those conditions then they can be my guest. I am not speeding up to accommodate that though.

23 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I live out in the countryside, so the roads are not very good, twisty, sometimes muddy and it was raining.

If someone wants to do 60 on those roads and in those conditions then they can be my guest. I am not speeding up to accommodate that though.

You are quite right.

There really are some fcuking idiots out there.

I ride motorcycles as well as drive cars. 

Perhaps before anyone (able bodied) is allowed to drive a car they should have to pass a CBT and be on a small motorcycle or moped for a year first.

It might teach better road sense - especially on difficult roads. Just because it says “national speed limit” doesn’t mean you have to hit it and go even faster.

Saying that there are some fcuking lunatic bikers out there - especially those in their 50s riding powerful motorcycles way beyond their capabilities.

Anyway I’ve now qualified for free bus pass. Ditch the car and the bike! 😂 

Witnessed someone the other day use the left-hand lane to go right (third exit) at a two lane roundabout. They were even indicating right on approach so clearly knew that they were going right but still thought that they were okay to do this in the left lane.

I was going right in the right-hand lane so there would quite likely have been a collision when the two lanes merged into one on exit if I hadn’t held back in anticipation of them being a fucking idiot.

11 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Witnessed someone the other day use the left-hand lane to go right (third exit) at a two lane roundabout. They were even indicating right on approach so clearly knew that they were going right but still thought that they were okay to do this in the left lane.

I was going right in the right-hand lane so there would quite likely have been a collision when the two lanes merged into one on exit if I hadn’t held back in anticipation of them being a fucking idiot.

Was this at the Whitletts roundabout by any chance? Plenty of people drive around that as if they have never encountered a roundabout before.