c***s on the road

3 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Roundabout at Hermiston Gait earlier today. Three lanes at the roundbout coming from the retail park:

City Bypass | M8 West | M8 West

I'm in the middle lane to head West and there's a car in the left lane. Who if course then goes straight over towards the M8. He's not finished though, oh no. Because he's not content with just cutting me up and going into the left hand lane on the motorway, he veers across me into the right hand lane before screeching to a halt at the lights just under the flyover. He still had one final trick up his sleeve though, as he drove up the M8 along the dashes rather than in one lane or the other. I did give him a disapproving look as I went past though, so hopefully that'll teach him. (Nope, he was totally oblivious).

Very restrained! :lol:

I gave a pedestrian a mouthfull one day and a wee voice came from the back seat "Granda, people have to cross the road."!

On 06/07/2023 at 16:58, Jacksgranda said:

Very restrained! :lol:

I gave a pedestrian a mouthfull one day and a wee voice came from the back seat "Granda, people have to cross the road."!

Is this you in the Fiat?

8 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

As much as I hate folk using their phones in the car it’s 100% the case that “Cycling Mikey” is a massive VL.

I've seen a few of his videos, he spends his days hiding round corners and behind obstacles to catch people on their phone whilst in stationary traffic.

Had my first near miss with a c**t on an escooter today. Turning right at a roundabout, woman on escooter straight-lined it across in front of me without looking, so had to slam the brakes. Another second and a half and she'd have have smacked into the side of the car. 

Horn blasted, no acknowledgement. Not even the usual middle finger you often get from clowns that don't like their bad actions being pointed out to them. She had headphones in and was totally oblivious to anything happening. 

She carried on her merry way and then went up a dropped kerb and onto the pavement. An absolute moron. 

On 08/07/2023 at 14:11, Empty It said:

I've seen a few of his videos, he spends his days hiding round corners and behind obstacles to catch people on their phone whilst in stationary traffic.

I notice he appears to cycle on the pavement at the start of the video contrary to Road Traffic law

Not so law abiding are you Mr Holier-than-thou Cycling Mikey, you law breaking cnut 

On 08/07/2023 at 14:11, Empty It said:

Don't know what videos you've been watching, as a lot of the time he catches people on West Carriage Drive (hint - nowhere to hide there). Only ones where he's hiding is at Gandalf corner when people are going on the wrong side of the road to take a dangerous shortcut.

18 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I notice he appears to cycle on the pavement at the start of the video contrary to Road Traffic law

Not so law abiding are you Mr Holier-than-thou Cycling Mikey, you law breaking cnut 

Appears you need to go to Specsavers, you can tell from the camera movement that he's walking and his bike's wheel appears on his right when he first speaks to the driver (just like in his most recent video below).

Oh dear, it seems you can't criticise cyclists. At least not as a pedestrian in my experience. They don't seem to like it when you adopt the same tactics back at them as the video guy there.

Anyway I've just got my car back from the garage after being rear ended by an idiot when stopped at a red light. And what do I find this morning? An SUV parked behind me touching bumper to my newly repaired bumper. I noticed they have a dash cam so I was tempted to leave a note asking for the footage of their parking 

9 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Don't know what videos you've been watching, as a lot of the time he catches people on West Carriage Drive (hint - nowhere to hide there). Only ones where he's hiding is at Gandalf corner when people are going on the wrong side of the road to take a dangerous shortcut.

Appears you need to go to Specsavers, you can tell from the camera movement that he's walking and his bike's wheel appears on his right when he first speaks to the driver (just like in his most recent video below).

What a horrible c**t Mickey is, revelling in getting someone sacked for checking their phone in a stationary vehicle, about the safest manoeuvre possible in a motor vehicle. 

54 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

What a horrible c**t Mickey is, revelling in getting someone sacked for checking their phone in a stationary vehicle, about the safest manoeuvre possible in a motor vehicle. 

Sounds Seethe African.

16 hours ago, Michael W said:

Had my first near miss with a c**t on an escooter today. Turning right at a roundabout, woman on escooter straight-lined it across in front of me without looking, so had to slam the brakes. Another second and a half and she'd have have smacked into the side of the car. 

Horn blasted, no acknowledgement. Not even the usual middle finger you often get from clowns that don't like their bad actions being pointed out to them. She had headphones in and was totally oblivious to anything happening. 

She carried on her merry way and then went up a dropped kerb and onto the pavement. An absolute moron. 

Had a couple near-misses from these c***s recently. First one, I was driving my partners niece home and someone on an e-scooter came flying out of a side street onto the road dressed in dark clothing at night. The guy didn't even seem phased by it.

Second instance was a guy in headphones swerving about the left lane, riding it with one leg dangling out etc. Decided to go into the right lane to overtake and as I was just about to overtake he went flying across the road to go down the park on the right. Again oblivious to it.

Those people who appear to be taken by surprise when the fucken green light "happens" at busy junctions - and then take forever to engage first, disengage handbrake and b*****ding drive off.

But at least they got through the fucken junction, even if I didnt - aaaargh !!

Especially when you are (a) in the rush hour (b) hurrying to get to an emergency job (c) a generally grumpy twat like me......

5 minutes ago, Ex Machina said:

Had a couple near-misses from these c***s recently. First one, I was driving my partners niece home and someone on an e-scooter came flying out of a side street onto the road dressed in dark clothing at night. The guy didn't even seem phased by it.

Second instance was a guy in headphones swerving about the left lane, riding it with one leg dangling out etc. Decided to go into the right lane to overtake and as I was just about to overtake he went flying across the road to go down the park on the right. Again oblivious to it.

I've noticed some that have a phone holder on the handlebar thing. How can that be safe? Get that Mickey fella on to them.