c***s on the road

There's actually a guy in Edinburgh does the same thing as Mikey. 

But having met him (not in a driving capacity. TTB is a careful driver with a clean licence) I can honestly say stay clear. He's a paranoid roaster. 

On 12/07/2023 at 11:03, jimbaxters said:

I've noticed some that have a phone holder on the handlebar thing. How can that be safe? Get that Mickey fella on to them.

If you're using it for directions, it's the only sensible place to have it. 

It's hardly different from folk looking at their phones glued to their dashboard, and you're travelling at a slower speed.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I personally think e bikes are the future of personal transport. Or something like them. It's absolutely mental the amount of fuel folk burn through doing short distance solo commutes. Iv said myself, I do it as buses do not serve my shift times. So iv been looking a lot at e bikes. I reckon one would pay for itself in fuel alone in about 3 years. 

There's certainly those something like that, solo powered transport, that could be a huge piece of the puzzle in lowering car usage. 

Kinda related, I was in Manchester today and there was some poor c**t pedalling one of these along the A57 dual carriageway. Trust Amazon to find a way of getting their delivery vans to run fuel free. Probably sold the idea as ‘being green’. 

IMG_6531.jpeg

And, on going to Manchester, I’ve got my cruise control set at 75mph. Wtf is it with people who will get halfway past you at 80 or so, decide they’re going too fast and then just sit on your shoulder? Neither getting past nor falling in behind. Gtf away from me and get your own bit of tarmac you twonks. 

22 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

There's actually a guy in Edinburgh does the same thing as Mikey. 

But having met him (not in a driving capacity. TTB is a careful driver with a clean licence) I can honestly say stay clear. He's a paranoid roaster. 

Aye he was outed a while ago when a picture of his face was posted online calling him a grass. He ran away and closed all his social media 😂

1 hour ago, 101 said:

I know it's illegal but I would be far happier taking that risk than getting behind the wheel of a car. That said I haven't cycled drunk, probably since I have been of age to drink. 

If ever m'lud.

I had an uncle who was done for drunk cycling.

5 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Kinda related, I was in Manchester today and there was some poor c**t pedalling one of these along the A57 dual carriageway. Trust Amazon to find a way of getting their delivery vans to run fuel free. Probably sold the idea as ‘being green’. 

IMG_6531.jpeg

Somebody watched "Bugsy Malone" and ripped off the pedal vehicles.

Maybe they'll be shooting rival delivery firm with splut guns next

I'm not sure whether it's best to put this here or in the Car Advice thread, but I think this one is technically closer. 

I'd like to learn to drive. Based on what I can see on the government's website if I don't have a passport, I can't apply online: Apply for your first provisional driving licence - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

I have to get a form from the post office and send it away along with my birth certificate and national insurance card/payslip/student card. This seems like a bit much. Does anyone have any recent experience of this?

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I'm not sure whether it's best to put this here or in the Car Advice thread, but I think this one is technically closer. 

I'd like to learn to drive. Based on what I can see on the government's website if I don't have a passport, I can't apply online: Apply for your first provisional driving licence - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

I have to get a form from the post office and send it away along with my birth certificate and national insurance card/payslip/student card. This seems like a bit much. Does anyone have any recent experience of this?

Don’t have experience of it so can’t help but the government’s approach to everything post brexit is to desperately try and avoid anyone not British from doing anything and have completely ignored how much of a pain in the arse they are creating for the vast majority who shouldn’t need to prove their identity every 5 minutes.   The amount of times a job is delayed because someone who has maybe left Britain for 2 weeks in their entire life but need to hunt down documents to prove their right to work is an absolute joke.

3 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

The driving license and passport offices seem tightly linked. Having one gets you an easy renewal of the other. If you’re starting from the ground floor with nowt I’d expect they’d make you jump through all sorts of hoops. Can’t be having these off-grid individuals suddenly getting on the system. 

Edited by alta-pete
through