c***s on the road

11 hours ago, Ekhibee88 said:

Don't see as many e scooters up here as down South they have them for hire.  The E bikes in town, I often wonder how they afford them. 

Theres a bunch of wee radges got them and weaving in and out of cars all over Edinburgh, seen them in niddrie as well in their black balaclavas etc - I can only assume they are stolen / donated by drug dealers for courier work.

I love watching this, new compilation video every Wednesday. Some of the examples of piss poor driving are beyond ridiculous and you wonder what goes through people's minds sometimes. Obviously, some of them are just poor judgement but a lot are criminal. I also love listening to Aussies swearing.

Dash Cam Owners Australia

Edited by Swarley
Typo

Just now, SlipperyP said:

FFs, here we go..

Do you need a Philippines License? or you just going like the locals.

You're safe enough over there!

I went for my licence last Friday -I passed the practical without actually seeing a  car never mind driving one.  The theory was a wee bit more challenging but more so because the brains here are hard-wired differently and some of the questions made no sense.  The wife passed hers the week before - she actually had to drive albeit for 3 minutes around the block - she must have take the advanced licence! 

2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

You're safe enough over there!

I went for my licence last Friday -I passed the practical without actually seeing a  car never mind driving one.  The theory was a wee bit more challenging but more so because the brains here are hard-wired differently and some of the questions made no sense.  The wife passed hers the week before - she actually had to drive albeit for 3 minutes around the block - she must have take the advanced licence! 

My Thai lesson was an eye test, no cars no questions, as I already held a EU license.

As for the locals...

They have chanced it since for some practial driving, as you say 2 or 3 mins, out on the car park. IF and how you fail that, you can slip the guy a few baht...and the world keeps turning.

1 minute ago, SlipperyP said:

My Thai lesson was an eye test, no cars no questions, as I already held a EU license.

As for the locals...

They have chanced it since for some practial driving, as you say 2 or 3 mins, out on the car park. IF and how you fail that, you can slip the guy a few baht...and the world keeps turning.

... and crashing. 

1 minute ago, SlipperyP said:

As for the locals...

My UK/EU licence was long expired which Is why I had to do the test here.  I did have to do a medical as well now you mention it - all of 10 seconds and ten quid.  The wife passed despite asking the instructor why the car wasn't moving even if the handbrake was off - he reminded her she had to put the car in gear to move.  

Proper e-bikes are only peddle assist and motor only kicks in while pedalling, and are as someone said above limited to 15mph and then motor stops, chances are you wont even notice these as e-bikes unless you know what to look for. The bikes you see delivery drivers cutting about on are something different and an absolute pain in the hole.

I personally think e bikes are the future of personal transport. Or something like them. It's absolutely mental the amount of fuel folk burn through doing short distance solo commutes. Iv said myself, I do it as buses do not serve my shift times. So iv been looking a lot at e bikes. I reckon one would pay for itself in fuel alone in about 3 years. 

There's certainly those something like that, solo powered transport, that could be a huge piece of the puzzle in lowering car usage. 

6 hours ago, Swarley said:

I love watching this, new compilation video every Wednesday. Some of the examples of piss poor driving are beyond ridiculous and you wonder what goes through people's minds sometimes. Obviously, some of them are just poor judgement but a lot are criminal. I also love listening to Aussies swearing.

Dash Cam Owners Australia

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Me - I've started driving again after an 18-year hiatus.  

They'll be able to do a Filipino version now...

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I personally think e bikes are the future of personal transport. Or something like them. It's absolutely mental the amount of fuel folk burn through doing short distance solo commutes. Iv said myself, I do it as buses do not serve my shift times. So iv been looking a lot at e bikes. I reckon one would pay for itself in fuel alone in about 3 years. 

There's certainly those something like that, solo powered transport, that could be a huge piece of the puzzle in lowering car usage. 

Totally agree, the scooters should be getting certified and regulated to get on the roads for people over 17 with the appropriate licence.

There are risks though, for example I would be happy enough cycling back from the pub after a few pints but wouldn't consider driving. Similarly you can imagine folk firing home on their election scooter or bike pished being a danger to themselves and pedestrians. But the future of short distance in town travel is most likely solo electric assisted vehicles.

11 minutes ago, 101 said:

There are risks though, for example I would be happy enough cycling back from the pub after a few pints

You'll still get done for that

38 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

There are these things I've read about called jetpacks...

1 minute ago, jimbaxters said:

There are these things I've read about called jetpacks...

Yeah well my stretch target here is that we all cut about with harnesses which we can put on and hail a drone to come and lift us home. 

In all seriousness, there is a company making 1 person quadcopters and they are absolutely fucking minted. Prohibitively expensive now ons but another thing that's only a wee step in battery tech away.....

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

I know it's illegal but I would be far happier taking that risk than getting behind the wheel of a car. That said I haven't cycled drunk, probably since I have been of age to drink. 

If ever m'lud.

23 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Not as distracted as they would be by some self appointed vigilante c**t tapping on their window telling them he was going to get them sacked from their job. How safe was it walking along the middle of the road anyway? 

Sounds like you need a dictionary. He witnesses a crime and provides the evidence to the police for them to deal with, that's not a vigilante. 

23 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Cycling on the pavement IS illegal.

Well done. But you said Mikey was cycling on the pavement when he wasn't, so...

22 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

They all do it, they all jump off their bikes to walk through red lights as well. 

Once you're off a bike then you're a pedestrian, so no reason why you can't do that to get around red lights.

3 hours ago, stu_mfc said:

Proper e-bikes are only peddle assist and motor only kicks in while pedalling, and are as someone said above limited to 15mph and then motor stops, chances are you wont even notice these as e-bikes unless you know what to look for. The bikes you see delivery drivers cutting about on are something different and an absolute pain in the hole.

Those are basically electric motorbikes (though also used by a disabled guy I know). I've tried an actual ebike, obviously heavier and harder to lift/manoeuvre, but once the assist kicks in it was effortless going up hills.

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

The offence (RTA s30) is being "unfit to ride through drink or drugs (that is to say, is under the influence of drink or a drug to such an extent as to be incapable of having proper control of the cycle)" so unless you're weaving all over the shop, you're unlikely to be noticed by anyone/the Police and not committing an offence.

Edited by Ginaro