c***s on the road

9 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

I've noticed some that have a phone holder on the handlebar thing. How can that be safe? Get that Mickey fella on to them.

I don't think they give a single shit about safety, which is the problem. 

Unless you're taking part in a Government trial with a rented scooter, it's illegal to be riding an escooter on anything other than private land. You also need a driving licence and insurance (the latter probably provided as part of the rental agreement). Privately owned escooters can only be used on private land. 

My area isn't the part of the trial so I can say with almost drfinite confidence that any escooters I see are being ridden illegally. Unsurprisingly the manner of driving, if we can call it that, is dismal and shows zero awareness. I doubt there are many driving licences amongst them. 

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I don't think they give a single shit about safety, which is the problem. 

Unless you're taking part in a Government trial with a rented scooter, it's illegal to be riding an escooter on anything other than private land. You also need a driving licence and insurance (the latter probably provided as part of the rental agreement). Privately owned escooters can only be used on private land. 

My area isn't the part of the trial so I can say with almost drfinite confidence that any escooters I see are being ridden illegally. Unsurprisingly the manner of driving, if we can call it that, is dismal and shows zero awareness. I doubt there are many driving licences amongst them. 

So what do the rozzers do about it?

Escooter and ebikes shouldn't be a thing for anyone to be able to get. They are Motor vehicles. Wee c***s pelting past you at 20mph on the pavement isn't a good idea, The polis need to take more action. 

3 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Escooter and ebikes shouldn't be a thing for anyone to be able to get. They are Motor vehicles. Wee c***s pelting past you at 20mph on the pavement isn't a good idea, The polis need to take more action. 

The police here followed a couple of neds on an ebike. Very soon after, said neds managed to end their lives on the bike. 

The conclusion of the family that bought one of the 15 year old neds a motorised bike, and were happy for him to go out on it with no helmet or training and giving his mate a backie was that it was all the police's fault. 

The local community agreed and spent the next 24 hours bricking police and setting cars on fire. 

If they're going to get the blame anyway they should just adopt a shoot on sight policy. I might run for police commissioner. 

12 minutes ago, coprolite said:

The police here followed a couple of neds on an ebike. Very soon after, said neds managed to end their lives on the bike. 

The conclusion of the family that bought one of the 15 year old neds a motorised bike, and were happy for him to go out on it with no helmet or training and giving his mate a backie was that it was all the police's fault. 

The local community agreed and spent the next 24 hours bricking police and setting cars on fire. 

If they're going to get the blame anyway they should just adopt a shoot on sight policy. I might run for police commissioner. 

I would make sure and use the buses going up and down Union St in Aberdeen as E-Scooter/bikes flattening service, they are an ignorant hazard to all, and seeing a few wiped out by buses might make them think about rules and consideration.

26 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I've not heard of this but it almost certainly happened in some shithole scheme in England where they look for any reason to riot at police.

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Oh dear, it seems you can't criticise cyclists. At least not as a pedestrian in my experience. They don't seem to like it when you adopt the same tactics back at them as the video guy there.

Feel free to criticise cyclists all you want, just make sure you criticise them for doing something that is actually illegal though.

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

What a horrible c**t Mickey is, revelling in getting someone sacked for checking their phone in a stationary vehicle, about the safest manoeuvre possible in a motor vehicle. 

The video I posted shows the driver holding his phone whilst moving in the queue of traffic. Even if he was stationary you can bet he uses the phone at other times as well, and drivers can be distracted for a while after putting their phone down.

If you rely on your driving licence for work you should probably avoid doing illegal things that might result in you losing your licence. Or even getting 6 points in London which means losing your taxi licence.

4 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

So what do the rozzers do about it?

Same thing they do about cars on the pavement, f**k all.

13 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

drivers can be distracted for a while after putting their phone down.

Not as distracted as they would be by some self appointed vigilante c**t tapping on their window telling them he was going to get them sacked from their job. How safe was it walking along the middle of the road anyway? 

6 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Legal ebikes are restricted in power to something like 14 or 15 mph. The ones I see bombing about Glasgow (mainly delivery drivers) that don't seem to need any pedalling are, as you say, basically motor vehicles. I think they're either imported or somehow doctored to remove the restriction. It won't be long before we see some deaths on the road involving them unfortunately. 

6 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Just as they scoot past...

Wwe Clothesline GIF - Wwe Clothesline From - Discover ...

How about when the road itself is the c**t. Granted, this is ‘Merica, where proper roundabouts only really started popping up 10-15 years ago…

There is a huge (120m+ diameter) “roundabout” in SW Fort Worth. Before the 1990’s, entry was controlled by traffic lights…in the 1990’s they reduced it to a few lights and mainly yield signs…then about 2005 they changed it to only yield signs (traffic volume has been decreasing in the area for years with highway construction).

The catch is the yield signs are NOT all on the entry roads, a couple are on the roundabout for that traffic to yield to entering traffic…given the average driver here can’t figure out a basic roundabout, you can imagine the piles of shattered plastic and glass at these portion of the “roundabout”.

Who thought that was a good idea? Maybe the same person who graduated to design the magic roundabout?