c***s on the road

4 hours ago, coprolite said:

If i'm doing 70 and the car in front is at 65, i've got quarter of a mile of clear road behind me but i can see some bellend closing the distance because they're doing over a hundred, one of us is going to have to slow down. I vote for the other guy. 

But the conversation is about a poster that was doing 80, not over 100.

ETA and if he was going by it saying 80 on the speedo he was probably closer to 70 than he was 80.

Edited by Empty It

19 minutes ago, Empty It said:

But the conversation is about a poster that was doing 80, not over 100.

ETA and if he was going by it saying 80 on the speedo he was probably closer to 70 than he was 80.

That’s how it started. Didn’t realise I was limited to considering the exact circumstances of a single incident. I apologise profusely if I’ve contravened the rules of the site and caused any distress. 

I’m talking about the principle of whether people should have to get out of the way and make way for people who are driving too fast. 

My reading of the initial post was that this is what was being suggested. This has also been explicitly suggested by subsequent posts. 

2 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

Stopped at the services in Kinross the other night, and a guy came out of the building with a cockatoo sitting on his shoulder, got in his car and drove off with the bird still sitting on his shoulder. Weird.

She was only the pet shop owner's daughter but she knew how to handle a cockatoo... 

2 hours ago, Empty It said:

My pals auld man who was a mechanic had a parrot that went everywhere with him, the parrot was an evil wee c**t. 

Spoiler

bertie.jpg.d1b24ffc8d32d6e920fe0401b3051827.jpg

Edited by tamthebam

Just catching up and, as a cyclist of 20 odd years, don't have much business (much truck, one might say) with this thread.

I'm absolutely gone at that Mikey character. An awful fella. Wandering around looking for small, technical, illegalities and being the self-appointed arm of the Lord is the most infuriatingly wee man behaviour I've seen.

I love cycling, but some cyclists seem to be cyclists so that they can be an oppressed class and feel the outrage at the smallest of slights by drivers. 

Obviously I'm not advocating violence, but if I found out that somebody had leathered this chump I would probably crack a wee smile.

On 17/07/2023 at 10:43, Soapy FFC said:

Stopped at the services in Kinross the other night, and a guy came out of the building with a cockatoo sitting on his shoulder, got in his car and drove off with the bird still sitting on his shoulder. Weird.

I'm just impressed for the head room, 

Was it a small cockatoo or did he have to open the sunroof for it?

8 minutes ago, Empty It said:

All the twats on the A1 slowing down to 20 mph to rubber neck a van that had come off the road.

In fairness, it’s only the first guy to slow down that’s the twat. Everyone else is following the inevitability of having to accommodate that twatted curiosity to secure their own self preservation. 

The article says she claimed she had 5 cocktails. Even if you use the American definition of cocktail, that's 5 shots of spirits, but more likely a minimum 10.

I could accept the argument for letting her off if it was one or two, but she would have been miles over the limit. That's an absolute joke of a ruling.

57 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

The article says she claimed she had 5 cocktails. Even if you use the American definition of cocktail, that's 5 shots of spirits, but more likely a minimum 10.

I could accept the argument for letting her off if it was one or two, but she would have been miles over the limit. That's an absolute joke of a ruling.

The story says she was 'only' 1.5 times the limit - seems unlikely after 5 cocktails.

1 minute ago, hk blues said:

The story says she was 'only' 1.5 times the limit - seems unlikely after 5 cocktails.

Would be unlikely if they were proper cocktails. Loads of places do shady pre mixed bottles of pre mix for cocktails and you’ll only get one shot of pre-mix per drink. Half a nip of rum and half a nip of Malibu for a half pint of pineapple juice isn’t much stronger than Top Deck. 

3 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Would be unlikely if they were proper cocktails. Loads of places do shady pre mixed bottles of pre mix for cocktails and you’ll only get one shot of pre-mix per drink. Half a nip of rum and half a nip of Malibu for a half pint of pineapple juice isn’t much stronger than Top Deck. 

It was Merseyside right enough so you might be right!