The Rangers Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Rangers' next permanent manager?  

530 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

You should support the team local to you as you grew up.

In your case, Motherwell I believe.

This is one reason why the 'local team' argument is poorly accepted on P&B - even if the rhetoric is upheld.

People move around.

2 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

Well, this is awkward. 

SEVEN PAGES of posts about the "Grey and Greens". You must be obsessed or something.

:lol:

Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 22.55.22.png

Only 7 pages out of my 19,000 posts?  I'm clearly a lazy b*****d.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

This is one reason why the 'local team' argument is poorly accepted on P&B - even if the rhetoric is upheld.

People move around.

Of course they do.

That's why my rules helpfully accommodate this.

11 hours ago, bennett said:

Murty wanted the job full time, he wasn't forced in to it. I'd have loved it if he had succeeded but he just kept on making the same mistakes time after time. I'm not sure if he was just too stubborn to change but you can see why he lost the dressing room.

Bennett, do you really believe he wanted the job full time and that he wasn't forced into it by a board that had just had a knock-back from McInnes?  Jabba telling him 'get out there in front of the cameras and tell them it's your dream come true, you've always wanted the job and you've made your wishes known to the board'.

It's like Rangers fans have never moved on since childhood and believe everything Mummy and Daddy tell them.

10 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Dreary fucking me.  Did you read the article?  Did you note the (we genuinely couldn’t care less)  comment?  Have you seen the millions of views and hundreds of thousands of posts about us on, even, P&B this past 6 years?  The blogs, tweets and campaigns to various embassies about us?

The last thing one can say about the grey and green dross is that "we genuinely couldn’t care less".  They care more about this than anything else.

I care, about laughing at the desperate orange dross .

Uh oh.......even The Fat Mattress Salesman is telling it like it is..........the Zombies will be most upset.

“KRIS BOYD reckons Rangers will continue going backwards if they keep ripping up their blueprint every six months.
The former Gers striker insists his old club need to stop chopping and changing bosses and players if they ever want to challenge Celtic again.

This term they have lurched from one crisis to another, changing manager three times — with Graeme Murty sacked — and appointing SEVEN different captains.
Every transfer window for the past three seasons they have brought in a raft of new signings, with hardly any of them making the grade.
It is a policy Boyd knows is doomed to failure, as it was the same one Kilmarnock adopted prior to the arrival of Steve Clarke in October.
The Killie star said: “The big problem is Rangers have had to rip it up and start again every six months.

“They have one transfer window and then another one when they change it again.
“What is needed is a clear plan of where Rangers want to go, whether that is with Steven Gerrard or someone else.
“I don’t think anyone knows what is going on at Ibrox. Not even the board.
“If you take Kilmarnock as an example, we went through the whole thing of changing ten or 12 players every transfer window.

“We signed hardly any players last January and I doubt there will be many new faces in the summer.
“The gaffer has re-signed most of the players that have been here this season.
“We all know that group of players, with the addition of one or two, is the way forward.
“As a player it gives you confidence that the guy at the helm has placed his faith in you, rather than looking over your shoulder thinking ‘Will I be next out of the door?’.
“There are a lot of Rangers players living in fear. They have spent a lot more money than everybody else.
“But they’ve won just four games this season against Kilmarnock, Aberdeen, Celtic and Hibs. That is not good enough.
“They should be miles ahead in second. You go back to them trying to get Derek McInnes and now it’s Gerrard.
“You could start writing the headlines again at the same time next year. As soon as the season tickets go on sale there are headlines to be made.
“That is where Rangers are at this moment. But the fans deserve to know exactly what is going on.
“They keep being told the club will turn and it will go back to what it was. But it is arguably worse than it was two years ago.

“I just don’t see the direction Rangers are going in.
“For me, they are just trying to grab someone to get a headline out of it.
“It’s wrong. Rangers should have a structure in place. It should have a direction of where it wants to go. At this moment they don’t have that.”
The deal to land Liverpool legend Gerrard is edging ever closer in the wake of Murty’s dismissal.
But Boyd is adamant Rangers is not a club where an untried boss can serve an apprenticeship
He added: “If Rangers said they were signing Jose Mourinho as a player there would be outrage. Mourinho’s a world-class manager.
“Gerrard is getting away with it because he’s a world-class player.
“But he’s not been tested in the management side of it.
“I don’t think Rangers is a club to develop a manager. They need someone who’s been over the course and who knows how to get the players onside, knows the club and knows how to get everybody pulling in the one direction.

“I’m not saying Gerrard can’t do that. But for me, looking at it right now, it’s another risky appointment as he’s never managed before.
“I don’t think Rangers can take that gamble.”
Murty paid the price for Sunday’s 5-0 hammering by Celtic.
But he and his players were prevented from talking about their latest humiliation — a move Boyd felt lacked class.
He said: “I think it’s disappointing. It’s not Rangers. There’s always been class inside the building.
“Some people will say that saying nothing is sometimes the best way. I tend to think it’s the other way. Then it allows other people to create headlines.
‘’If you come out and say what you want, you can control it, or at least attempt to control it.
“To say nothing is frustrating. Does it come as a surprise now? No.”
Killie will look to take advantage of the latest Gers crisis with another Ibrox triumph on Saturday.

Boyd added: “When it is the way it is just now for Rangers, they are obviously struggling. Off the back of another humiliating defeat again, it’s not good.
“I know Brendan Rodgers and Scott Brown said it could have been eight or nine. You might have been kind saying eight or nine.
“But we’ve been good against Rangers this year and we want to continue that on Saturday.”

Pleasing. [emoji149][emoji149]

1 hour ago, The DA said:

Bennett, do you really believe he wanted the job full time and that he wasn't forced into it by a board that had just had a knock-back from McInnes?  Jabba telling him 'get out there in front of the cameras and tell them it's your dream come true, you've always wanted the job and you've made your wishes known to the board'.

It's like Rangers fans have never moved on since childhood and believe everything Mummy and Daddy tell them.

What makes you believe he doesn't want the job full time?

You've not nothing to base that on at all.

10 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

What makes you believe he doesn't want the job full time?

You've not nothing to base that on at all.

How about on the basis that he's rank?

11 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

People move around.

But people are originally from "somewhere". Would a Scotsman ever support anything other than the Scottish national team?  It *should* be the same for club football, your team represent your local area.

As for moving around, I've done that, and have generally followed the team of localest to me to give me an interest. But *your team* is always where you come from. 

Uh oh.......even The Fat Mattress Salesman is telling it like it is..........the Zombies will be most upset.

“KRIS BOYD reckons Rangers will continue going backwards if they keep ripping up their blueprint every six months.
The former Gers striker insists his old club need to stop chopping and changing bosses and players if they ever want to challenge Celtic again.

This term they have lurched from one crisis to another, changing manager three times — with Graeme Murty sacked — and appointing SEVEN different captains.
Every transfer window for the past three seasons they have brought in a raft of new signings, with hardly any of them making the grade.
It is a policy Boyd knows is doomed to failure, as it was the same one Kilmarnock adopted prior to the arrival of Steve Clarke in October.
The Killie star said: “The big problem is Rangers have had to rip it up and start again every six months.

“They have one transfer window and then another one when they change it again.
“What is needed is a clear plan of where Rangers want to go, whether that is with Steven Gerrard or someone else.
“I don’t think anyone knows what is going on at Ibrox. Not even the board.
“If you take Kilmarnock as an example, we went through the whole thing of changing ten or 12 players every transfer window.

“We signed hardly any players last January and I doubt there will be many new faces in the summer.
“The gaffer has re-signed most of the players that have been here this season.
“We all know that group of players, with the addition of one or two, is the way forward.
“As a player it gives you confidence that the guy at the helm has placed his faith in you, rather than looking over your shoulder thinking ‘Will I be next out of the door?’.
“There are a lot of Rangers players living in fear. They have spent a lot more money than everybody else.
“But they’ve won just four games this season against Kilmarnock, Aberdeen, Celtic and Hibs. That is not good enough.
“They should be miles ahead in second. You go back to them trying to get Derek McInnes and now it’s Gerrard.
“You could start writing the headlines again at the same time next year. As soon as the season tickets go on sale there are headlines to be made.
“That is where Rangers are at this moment. But the fans deserve to know exactly what is going on.
“They keep being told the club will turn and it will go back to what it was. But it is arguably worse than it was two years ago.

“I just don’t see the direction Rangers are going in.
“For me, they are just trying to grab someone to get a headline out of it.
“It’s wrong. Rangers should have a structure in place. It should have a direction of where it wants to go. At this moment they don’t have that.”
The deal to land Liverpool legend Gerrard is edging ever closer in the wake of Murty’s dismissal.
But Boyd is adamant Rangers is not a club where an untried boss can serve an apprenticeship
He added: “If Rangers said they were signing Jose Mourinho as a player there would be outrage. Mourinho’s a world-class manager.
“Gerrard is getting away with it because he’s a world-class player.
“But he’s not been tested in the management side of it.
“I don’t think Rangers is a club to develop a manager. They need someone who’s been over the course and who knows how to get the players onside, knows the club and knows how to get everybody pulling in the one direction.

“I’m not saying Gerrard can’t do that. But for me, looking at it right now, it’s another risky appointment as he’s never managed before.
“I don’t think Rangers can take that gamble.”
Murty paid the price for Sunday’s 5-0 hammering by Celtic.
But he and his players were prevented from talking about their latest humiliation — a move Boyd felt lacked class.
He said: “I think it’s disappointing. It’s not Rangers. There’s always been class inside the building.
“Some people will say that saying nothing is sometimes the best way. I tend to think it’s the other way. Then it allows other people to create headlines.
‘’If you come out and say what you want, you can control it, or at least attempt to control it.
“To say nothing is frustrating. Does it come as a surprise now? No.”
Killie will look to take advantage of the latest Gers crisis with another Ibrox triumph on Saturday.

Boyd added: “When it is the way it is just now for Rangers, they are obviously struggling. Off the back of another humiliating defeat again, it’s not good.
“I know Brendan Rodgers and Scott Brown said it could have been eight or nine. You might have been kind saying eight or nine.
“But we’ve been good against Rangers this year and we want to continue that on Saturday.”

Pleasing. [emoji149][emoji149]

Boydy kens it.

Archived