Favourite Building in your home town/city

25 minutes ago, Darren said:

We seem to have reached consensus that the McManus is Dundee's standout building.

Glasgow Central is the best major train station in Scotland and maybe only second to St Pancras in the UK unless anyone can direct me to a better looking one?

I love architecture.

I was in Motherwell train station last week and it was so lovely I didn't ever want my train to come.

On 11/14/2017 at 10:55, KnightswoodBear said:

pg2.jpg

Great photo, is there a date on this?  The Crathie Court flats in the top left of the pic were Glasgow's first high rises to be built (1952) and are still standing long after many others have been demolished.

Also being deceived by the height of the photo, makes Thornwood & Partick look totally flat. You can see my house from here etc.

I have a vague memory of the granary mid-demolition containing some humourous graffiti "from" the 1960s about football but I think it was probably added by demolition workers at the time as it was so visible on what would have been an interior wall.

7 hours ago, Marr1 said:

A lot of great shouts in here, big fan of the Railway stations mentioned, hopefully the new Dundee one will be class.

Got stuck at Perth for 30 mins once,

The Perth-Dundee-Aberdeen side is usual crap, but if you wander round and go into where the Perth-Inverness lines are the architecture is beautiful.

2 hours ago, milton75 said:

Brilliant, cheers.

I went on the Central Station tour. It was great seeing some of the unused platforms down below, but I was a bit disappointed that they didn't take folk up on the roof anymore.

I was gutted how quickly that tour was fully subscribed. Would have loved it.