Favourite Building in your home town/city

Anything north of Perth, no? The people are a little strange up north.

Depends who you speak to I suppose. Some people up north are strange but overall far more friendly than folk from Edinburgh and most of the east coast bar Dundee.

8 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

It refers to Gaels, and traditionally they have always been more prevalent in the North West and the Isles.

I would have classed Tain in the the east of the North West,

Ross, Caithness, Sutherland, Cormarty - North West

Moray, Grampian  - North East

In a city of full of really shit, grey buildings, Marischal College in Aberdeen is absolutely stunning. 

1200px-Marischal_College_A.JPG

As for Dunfermline, the Abbey is a braw wee building.

Image result for dunfermline abbey

Image result for dunfermline abbey

14 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

I actually really like Edinburgh. Dundee seems to have gotten a bit of a head of steam from the hipster crowd of late, but last time I was there it was still the small, crap, insular place it always was. Aberdeen is shite.

I quite liked Dundee. It has a bit of a small town mentality sometimes but the people are friendly enough. I enjoyed it a lot more than Aberdeen.

5 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Weirdly, in Clydebank, we always refer to going "up the toon" when going to Glasgow city centre as well, despite the fact it's only 8 miles away.

I refer to it as going into town and I live in Pollokshields. It's just a phrase for visiting the city centre? 

Depends who you speak to I suppose. Some people up north are strange but overall far more friendly than folk from Edinburgh and most of the east coast bar Dundee.

Oh I don’t disagree, just strange. I went to the Stockbridge Market on Sunday and the amount of wankers and the general rudeness and lack of manners on display was incredible.

I remember talking to an American during the festival who complimented the city as a whole but did mention that there’s no middle ground in Edinburgh and people are either first class or complete dicks. I think there some truth in that.

7 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Here's a helpful map of Scotland to show you what coast Tain is on.

f4a924b63063ee774654d2267ce197c3.jpg

Thanks,

The east of the North West of Scotland,

somewhere in the middle between east and west,

west of Moray & Grampian , the North East of Scotland.

Got to  go north through the capital of the Highlands (Inverness) to get there.

NOTED.

5 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Thanks,

The east of the North West of Scotland,

somewhere in the middle between east and west,

west of Moray & Grampian , the North East of Scotland.

Got to  go north through the capital of the Highlands (Inverness) to get there.

NOTED.

See that coast where Ullapool is, that's the west. See that coast where Tain is, that's the east. You can't decide to change somewhere's location just because you prefer a long winded and innaccurate way of describing it!

4 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

See that coast where Ullapool is, that's the west. See that coast where Tain is, that's the east. You can't decide to change somewhere's location just because you prefer a long winded and innaccurate way of describing it!

Do you guys still have the gas powered televisions?

I once knew a guy from up that way who told me he had a Calor telly.

2 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Thought that was one of the basic rules of P&B,

How about we call it

The Kiddie On East Coast above Inverness that isn't really on the East of Scotland but the locals getting uppity if you think that their part of Ross-shire is in the North West of Scotland,

Not on the west coast, just in the North West of Scotland :thumsup2

7 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Oh I don’t disagree, just strange. I went to the Stockbridge Market on Sunday and the amount of wankers and the general rudeness and lack of manners on display was incredible.

I remember talking to an American during the festival who complimented the city as a whole but did mention that there’s no middle ground in Edinburgh and people are either first class or complete dicks. I think there some truth in that.

People from the north of Scotland aren't strange though, it's just a different part of the country to what you are used to. Tbh i find people from Edinburgh rather strange for the reasons you have just mentioned there, i like the Stockbridge market but it is pretentious as f**k. I don't disagree what what the American said, I'm either dealing with complete wankers in construction who are the most unpleasant, unfriendly dickish imbeciles imaginable or I'm witnessing a group of adults on my residents page for the development i live in bicker over dogs urinating on the communal lawn outside. I had an interview in Hamilton a few weeks ago, i stopped off in Motherwell on the way back and in the few hours I had there I had more friendly interactions with strangers who just wanted a blether with me than I have had in 4 years in Edinburgh. I am not even exaggerating that point.

Tain is on the east coast but because of the way Scotland is shaped and staggers in, it is still closer to the most western point of the country than to the most eastern point. 

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Do you guys still have the gas powered televisions?

I once knew a guy from up that way who told me he had a Calor telly.

It's the worst accent going. I detest it. Thankfully (!) my accent is Weedgie.

3 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Thought that was one of the basic rules of P&B,

How about we call it

The Kiddie On East Coast above Inverness that isn't really on the East of Scotland but the locals getting uppity if you think that their part of Ross-shire is in the North West of Scotland,

Not on the west coast, just in the North West of Scotland :thumsup2

:lol: