Irn Bru

Had my can last night when I got home and it was a game of 2 halves. Drank half of it which was absolutely delicious then walked the dog and forgot about it so was flat by the time I took another sip :(

Damn dog!

I won a competition on Facebook. Meal for 4 including two cans of June sell by date Irn Bru each. I’ve not drank Irn Bru for years. Claiming my prize tomorrow. I’m hoping the sugar hit doesn’t come on too strong!

I’m probably wrong but I thought the SNP were well in favour of the sugar tax.

An independent Scotland isn’t necessarily governed by the SNP, but I think you’re right in saying they were in favour of the sugar tax.

2 hours ago, NJ2 said:

An independent Scotland isn’t necessarily governed by the SNP, but I think you’re right in saying they were in favour of the sugar tax.

Of course, but what it means is that it’s likely that regardless of who was governing an independent Scotland out of the existing parties, they would keep the tax and Bru would remain disgusting.

Of course, but what it means is that it’s likely that regardless of who was governing an independent Scotland out of the existing parties, they would keep the tax and Bru would remain disgusting.

Aye, I’d expect that to be the case. Disappointing Barr’s don’t just offer the real stuff at 30p more or whatever tbh

20 hours ago, NJ2 said:

Aye, I’d expect that to be the case. Disappointing Barr’s don’t just offer the real stuff at 30p more or whatever tbh

This give people the choice tax them for making that choice as that seems to be the answer to everything. We are capable of deciding whether we want to spend extra on something or take the cheaper shitier "healthier" option. 

24p a litre, so 8p a can. Coca Cola just hiked their prices and it’s made no difference to their sales. Boy who runs my local roll shop says it’s now his biggest seller, whereas before it was bru by a considerable distance.