A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

2 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

This one? :)

image.png.62e4a9bed559899c5a283c8d09318bd8.png

If so, I shall stick it in our archive with your name as photographer? :)

Aye, no problem. It’s nice when people ask instead of just pinching it and cropping your name off the bottom 😇

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

CityvArb5.thumb.jpg.6c7a58df752b897e979c5dbd8a39c115.jpg

Edinburgh City v Arbroath, Pre-season friendly 2008. If I can find the original SD card I'll send the photos to @SimonLichtie 's archive. But it might take me a while... (cataloguing is for wimps!)

Will @SimonLichtie want a Montrose legend in the Arbroath archive? 😉

7 hours ago, VillaKnollBoy said:

Will @SimonLichtie want a Montrose legend in the Arbroath archive? 😉

Excuse me - I'll have you know Terry is an Arbroath man, born and bred who works in the town. It's not his fault he wasn't good enough to play for ourselves and had to move to one of the lesser Angus teams :P No hard feelings against him...... he's no Mark Peat/ Jay Stein ;) 

In all seriousness I thought it was really nice to see Terry choose to play ourselves in his testimonial game as opposed to a 'big' team. He has a strong association with the town, and we're the only other senior club he's properly played for, so nice to see :)

15 hours ago, tamthebam said:

CityvArb5.thumb.jpg.6c7a58df752b897e979c5dbd8a39c115.jpg

Edinburgh City v Arbroath, Pre-season friendly 2008. If I can find the original SD card I'll send the photos to @SimonLichtie 's archive. But it might take me a while... (cataloguing is for wimps!)

Thanks for that - much appreciated :) I'm currently missing the attendance, ref, Edin City manager and entire Edin City team for that game...... are you able to help at all? :)

On 27/09/2023 at 10:02, Lurkst said:

Some of his best bits here...

That is wonderful. Totally caught up in it all and not even trying to hide his bias.

"Come on Denis, come on Denis..." 🤣

Was sometimes known to put his mic down and cheer Morton goals before picking it back up and resuming his commentary.

17 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

That is wonderful. Totally caught up in it all and not even trying to hide his bias.

"Come on Denis, come on Denis..." 🤣

Was sometimes known to put his mic down and cheer Morton goals before picking it back up and resuming his commentary.

Aye, fabulous ... and what a night!

6 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Am I right in saying that the current floodlights at Cliftonhill came from the old Arms Park in Cardiff?

They came from Cardiff RFC, which I think was the pitch at the back of Cardiff Arms Park.

alb15.thumb.jpg.7796ddc022afacb3ed16be91fabc9918.jpg

The remains of the old lights. 

The old lights are shown in this pic (nicked from t'internet)

coatbridge.jpg.36a314af5ac4e0f6b51d68492fe2d4c8.jpg

On 08/10/2023 at 23:15, HibeeJibee said:

65yrs ago:

1958100701.jpg

Place all directors of Rangers & Celtic under house arrest and send the bulldozers into Ibrox & Celtic Park ..... Should have done it Baillie Bias, should have done it ! Scottish football, and more importantly Scottish society, would be in a much better place if you did.

On 08/10/2023 at 23:15, HibeeJibee said:

65yrs ago:

1958100701.jpg

In the wake of an Aston Villa v Rangers friendly in the mid 1970's being abandoned due to a pitch invasion by  visiting fans, albeit goaded by some home fans waving Irish tricolours, Ian Archer wrote in the Glasgow Herald that 'Rangers and Celtic are a permanent embarrassment and occasional disgrace to Scottish football'.

Nothing much changes.

34 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

In the wake of an Aston Villa v Rangers friendly in the mid 1970's being abandoned due to a pitch invasion by  visiting fans, albeit goaded by some home fans waving Irish tricolours, Ian Archer wrote in the Glasgow Herald that 'Rangers and Celtic are a permanent embarrassment and occasional disgrace to Scottish football'.

Nothing much changes.

Not quite.

One of them died.

24 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Not quite.

One of them died.

To be replaced by a similarly vile entity with the same name, playing at the same stadium, supported by the same fanbase so.....no.....one of them, sadly, did not die. It smells like Rangers, looks like Rangers, sings like Rangers. It's Rangers. Nothing much changes.

7 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

To be replaced by a similarly vile entity with the same name, playing at the same stadium, supported by the same fanbase so.....no.....one of them, sadly, did not die. It smells like Rangers, looks like Rangers, sings like Rangers. It's Rangers. Nothing much changes.

When our much loved golden retriever died, we considered replacing her with another golden retriever, this time a puppy. It would look the same, live in the same place and would soon be loved and admired just as much as its deceased predecessor. It would categorically not be the same entity though, no matter how much bullsh!t was concocted to the contrary.

1 hour ago, kennie makevin said:

The Rangers