What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

6 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

They took significantly more to their cup win in 2015.

They should have 50% as a starting point, sold from South and behind the goals (who knows which end they’ll get) a few sections at a time. If there are still a large number of unsold tickets 2/3 weeks before the game, give Celtic the remainder of the North Stand and then part of the stand behind the goals if need be later.

To be given a maximum of 20% of the tickets available, on top of the ludicrous lunchtime kick off, would be an insult to Inverness and certainly removes any notion of it being a neutral venue.

TBH i think only Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs & possibly Dundee Utd could sell half the tickets for a game against the Old Firm. Everyone else is 15k. Maybe they should have the chance but it isnt going to happen.

A game against Rangers or Celtic is much much less attractive than a final against lower league Falkirk.

Seating arrangements for the semi were weird, fans split across 3 different sections. North stand block, then space to i assume what was behind the goals & another set in the main stand.

8 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

TBH i think only Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs & possibly Dundee Utd could sell half the tickets for a game against the Old Firm. Everyone else is 15k. Maybe they should have the chance but it isnt going to happen.

Not Utd. After their 26K effort where grannies, great aunties, wee lassies etc attended they were back to less than 20K for their next attempt against Celtic in the LC Final. That's not a criticism btw, just pointing out that as red hot favourites against Ross Co and St Johnstone it was much easier to attract 'fans' who otherwise never go.

3 minutes ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

Not Utd. After their 26K effort where grannies, great aunties, wee lassies etc attended they were back to less than 20K for their next attempt against Celtic in the LC Final. That's not a criticism btw, just pointing out that as red hot favourites against Ross Co and St Johnstone it was much easier to attract 'fans' who otherwise never go.

I know it’s still a cup final but I think there is a much bigger draw to going to the Scottish Cup Final over the League Cup final.

We took 9k to Parkhead in 2014 and between 12k-15k in the 2015 one. I think we should be getting the opportunity to sell as many as possible in fairness but if we are only given 15k I think that is going to be fine.

In the last 10 years, Celtic have:

League Cup: 7 finals and 7 wins (9 semi finals)

Scottish Cup: 5 Scottish cup finals and 4* wins (8 semi finals)

So Celtic have been to Hampden 28x soon to be 29.

ICT have been 5x soon to be 6.

Hampden Capacity 52k. Say 4k for sponsors, SFA, etc. = 24k is a half and half split.

29 visits x 24k seats = 700k ish (probably nearer 800k when they play a non city club). Can't speak for how Celtic handle their allocations but in theory every home supporter could visit Hampden almost 14x in the past decade.

OF fans need to get a grip when they play a wee team and let them have their day in the sun. You'll get plenty more opportunities, at present you're averaging 3 visits a season.

Edited by Kapowzer

6 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

The one on the left with the picture of David Attenborough - it says "Glasgow Rangers- a club...." What's missing?

There's a caption competition right there.

Looks like the next letter is an F, so I'll go for 'Formed in 2012' ?.

On 03/05/2023 at 17:17, ScottyDee1893 said:

A league cup final played on a Sunday.

Also are wee lassies and grannies not real fans?

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

The one on the left with the picture of David Attenborough - it says "Glasgow Rangers- a club...." What's missing?

There's a caption competition right there.

“That is owned and operated by a seperate company”.